GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
If we didn't have David Jones I'd want Treliving to throw some money at Stempniak to get him back.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I used to be like you. Actually, one visit out here was during the '04 series against the Canucks. And man, was I happy to listen to TEAM 1040 after that series. :laugh:

Actually I do like their variety of local sports talk-shows. I hate to say it, but I listen a lot in Calgary and Steinberg and Kerr get really old. Especially Kerr as of late and his Kerrisms (yeah, yeah, yeah talking over Pat making a point or whomever). The morning guys are the best - Boomer, Pinder and Warrener. And, the best of the best, most knowledgable, and most-accurate in his takes, is Pinder bar none. I see Ryan leading the radio-host pack in Calgary very shortly and for some time.

But, I do like the Vancouver guys (even with their obvious Vancouver slant/bias). And usually I like Moj quite a bit. The Vancouver lunch on TSN is alright too.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Surprised Glencross is still a FA. Would be a good 3rd line LW option for a team.

Except he may still be delusional about thinking he is a top 6 forward/deserves that type of money. I'd have thought him being pushed so low in the depth chart by the end of last year would have been a wake up call but perhaps not.

Too bad too because he can be a fantastic bottom 6 guy.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Wondering how long until Tarasenko gets traded or offer sheeted... Last "high profile" RFA of the "whatever offer he gets will be matched no questions!!" club (a la Saad, Hamilton)

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
So, Franson is still available, GlenX is still available, so is Ward. Tarasenko hasn't been signed yet....
still some moves to be made. Wonder if anyone has the balls to OS Tarasenko? :popcorn:

Aug 21, 2014
Would be interesting if someone actually tested out the whole Blues will match any offer sheet theory.

I already proposed this.. .

5 years 36.5m 7.3mAAV (10m,10m,6.5m,5m,5m)

I guess to make it more difficult you could structure it like this (11.5,10m,5m,5m,5m) Blues would have to pay 21.5m the first 2 years.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I guess it depends on how the Blues cap is like right now. If they have enough to match an offersheet worth 7.2M(or higher, He's that good and worth it)

They do have enough. They have 4.8 Million in free cap right now and in the offseason you are allowed to go 10% over the cap, so that is about 11-12 million. If they match they would have to move someone obviously.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I think that would be the intent, they match on Tarasenko but then get forced to move a lesser guy making 4m or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad