GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Errr, what a great contract for Vermette. I would have paid 4.5 for him and traded Backlund without thinking twice.

On another note, Sweeney has King Kong sized kahunas. He's not afraid to make deals.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just heard Moj out here on Vancouver TEAM 1040 and man did Moj throw Hamilton under the bus. Said "Calgary can have him" "wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole - you can't win with guys like that." He then continued to relate a story from last year or the previous one where in a game against Vancouver, Dougie threw a puck in front of his own net and Vancouver scored on the giveaway. Apparently after the game Dougie said that the forwards needed to contribute more - apparently that was him not being a "team guy."

Hope Moj is just being jelly.

TSN 1040 is Canucks propaganda, not to be confused with journalism. Plain and simple. Moj is not in any way an authority on Dougie Hamilton's character. That little anecdote is likely at most a half-truth.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
TSN 1040 is Canucks propaganda, not to be confused with journalism. Plain and simple. Moj is not in any way an authority on Dougie Hamilton's character. That little anecdote is likely at most a half-truth.

That's how I felt. It felt super bitter. I felt like calling in and saying, "so you mean all of the other hockey analysts who thought it was a great steal were wrong?"

*edit* and btw, I just visit out here often, I live in Calgary. So it's interesting hearing a different perspective once in awhile.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That's how I felt. It felt super bitter. I felt like calling in and saying, "so you mean all of the other hockey analysts who thought it was a great steal were wrong?"

*edit* and btw, I just visit out here often, I live in Calgary. So it's interesting hearing a different perspective once in awhile.

I used to be like you. Actually, one visit out here was during the '04 series against the Canucks. And man, was I happy to listen to TEAM 1040 after that series. :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I make sure to listen to TSN 1040 everytime I go to Vancouver. I find it funny.

I used to listen to it every day when I lived in Burnaby for 8 months. I would these days, too, but I have XM radio now and it's much more worth listening too. It is funny, no doubt, but not in the way they're intending.

evdog

Oct 15, 2014
San diego
Montreal gets the pick?!? :laugh: :laugh:

I saw it listed on both sides, didn't pay much attention but felt like I had mis-read something. The nucks having to give up the 5th and Kassian to get a player who is 8 years older is hilarious. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can't wait to see the return when they finally trade the Sedins. Maybe some team out there has twin fourth-round picks in return.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Errr, what a great contract for Vermette. I would have paid 4.5 for him and traded Backlund without thinking twice.

On another note, Sweeney has King Kong sized kahunas. He's not afraid to make deals.

Glad your not the GM. In what world does signing a 33 year old letting go of a 26 year old who basically is the same player make any sense. Your overrating Vermette

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Glad your not the GM. In what world does signing a 33 year old letting go of a 26 year old who basically is the same player make any sense. Your overrating Vermette

I prefer him. I like that he's a top FO guy in the NHL. He's bigger, and I think he's better defensively. Production wise they're pretty close.

Also I said I'd trade Backlund, don't judge me until you see the return ;)

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I wish we signed Williams at 2yrs @ 3.75!

Would have been a massive upgrade along with Frolik on our RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad