GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I'm torn apart between understanding that we backed off from the Ehrhoff deal (due to his claims to get a 5-year deal) and criticizing that move.
Would have loved to see him signing here, actually. Even though he's LH.

Last edited:

Detwa

Apr 16, 2012
Kyle Quincey - 3 years - 10 million

Saku Koivu - 2 years - 8 million

Dan Cleary - 2 years - 1.5 million 2way

queue worlds saddest, tiniest violin

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'm not sold on giving Niskanen a 7 year deal at all

I think i'd rather stand pat than do that to be honest if those were my only two options

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Apparently Niskanen is plan A, and Boyle is plan B.

Get us 1 outta the 2 KH.

I know that people suggested Salo in jest, but if we are adding Salo and Boyle and taking Quincey and Kindl/ Lashoff out of the line up, that is noticeably more competent than last year. Salo is glass, though. But that would bridge the gap until Marchenko, Ouellet, Sproul, etc. are ready to be in the NHL full time.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
The Wings are fine with the length and they may meet his salary demands when all is said and done.

Originally they didn’t seem willing to pay him much more annually than what Niklas Kronwall ($4.75 million) is making.

on niskanen. wonder what made them change their mind.

this is also new info to me.

Detroit had interest in Ehrhoff in 2011 when Brian Rafalski retired, but didn’t want to overpay him. There was also talk between the teams a couple of times about possibly trading Ehrhoff to the Wings, but Buffalo decided to hang onto him.

http://redwingsfront.wordpress.com/...-boyle-niskanen-ehrhoff-wants-too-many-years/

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I know that people suggested Salo in jest, but if we are adding Salo and Boyle and taking Quincey and Kindl/ Lashoff out of the line up, that is noticeably more competent than last year. Salo is glass, though. But that would bridge the gap until Marchenko, Ouellet, Sproul, etc. are ready to be in the NHL full time.

I would rather play Ouellet or Marchenko over Salo, personally.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Apparently Niskanen is plan A, and Boyle is plan B.

Get us 1 outta the 2 KH.

I'm 95% sure he gets us one of the two. For as much as people ***** about Holland, there is no way he believes the defense we had last year is anywhere near good enough.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So would I, but I would bet my bottom dollar that Holland and Babcock don't want to.

You're right, plus Holland loves to sign 35+ UFA's.

Niskanen and Iginla would be money better spent, hopefully they try for that.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I'm 95% sure he gets us one of the two. For as much as people ***** about Holland, there is no way he believes the defense we had last year is anywhere near good enough.

Don't buy that either. Ehrhoff being out of the game, I'm really hoping for Niskanen.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I don't trust Helen St. James when it comes to anything hockey.

Yeah, like Weiss. What an old fart that guy is.

I still trust St James, why? Because she literally can't put together an original thought if you put a gun to her head. If she says something, you can count that she got it from someone inside the organization.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I still trust St James, why? Because she literally can't put together an original thought if you put a gun to her head. If she says something, you can count that she got it from someone inside the organization.

Then I guess we are back in on the Ehrhoff sweepstakes.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Wonder if HSJ will ever report something other than the absolute obvious or just loose speculations.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
No, she told us what Holland will do today: Boyle and Jovanoski

Boyle tops the list because he shoots right-handed, but the Wings could double-dip in the market thanks to Buffalo’s decision to buy out Christian Ehrhoff. Ehrhoff shoots left, but he’s only turning 32 and is good offensively.

So, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2