Free Agency

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Is there any way that I could be afforded the opportunity to extend an offer or two to a few players that I had my sights on for this very purpose?

I know that ignorance of the law is no excuse, but it would be highly disappointing to have missed that chance. If somebody else sent first, regardless of how high my offer would be, I would gladly conceded. However, I think these players are likely unsigned even now.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Oh dear. I hope that we hven't overlooked communicating an important part of the rules for you, Josh. The lists of UFAs and RFAs provided are those players *already in teh league*. There is an important third class of players you are eliible to sign, that is players who are past draft eligibility, but who are not already signed in the HFNHL. Obvious examples this year are guys like Jonas Gustavsson, Tyler Bozak and Matt Gilroy, and there are many, many others who might be worthy of consideration.

Even a team that is not interested in any of the established players available in Free Agency should usually have at least a few "prospecting" type signings like these that they want to pursue... and those offers are submitted at the same time.

While I don't care if Washington gets to submit late offers or not, just thought I would point out this was discussed in the FA sticky thread. While the names Gilroy, Bozak, Gustavsson weren't specifically mentioned, their birthdates, a Bobey Haker clue, and the situation were. Not to mention the whole rules post with age requirements etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad