Free Agency

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Isn't it a little late to change the deadline now? The orignal free agency thread said sunday 19th.

The deadline is still Sunday but we are planning to meet this weekend to sort them out. If you feel that you need till Sunday than it is fine but willl take another weekend before we can get it out. It is difficult to do this on a weekday as we all have a full time job and live far apart from each other.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
The deadline is still Sunday but we are planning to meet this weekend to sort them out. If you feel that you need till Sunday than it is fine but willl take another weekend before we can get it out. It is difficult to do this on a weekday as we all have a full time job and live far apart from each other.

Just a heads up. Detroit's offers definitely will not be in until Sunday. Been shutteling back and forth to Ottawa/Gatineau all week and haven't had any time.

BTW Nick we're possibly staying up in Ottawa (just accross the river in Gatineau actually) Thursday if you're around or have any suggestions on somewhere we might want to entertain ourselves ;)

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
I'm very very very confused to why Ott and Hilbert aren't signed...

I had counter offers for them which I increased significantly and have not heard anything back for a month now. Last email from Mickey was the 18th of June.

Ott and Hilbert were qualified...and I'd REALLY like to hear back about my counters from last month that I offered to these players before I risk losing them.

Default101

when you guys get a moment could we get a rundown of who's lists you've recieved so far?

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I'm very very very confused to why Ott and Hilbert aren't signed...

I had counter offers for them which I increased significantly and have not heard anything back for a month now. Last email from Mickey was the 18th of June.

Ott and Hilbert were qualified...and I'd REALLY like to hear back about my counters from last month that I offered to these players before I risk losing them.

I think you need to take intiative as well and follow up on it. I have been posting on this message board over and over about all the pending contracts should be forwarded to me. I heard from other teams such as Chicago and dealt with it. As for your email, we do get a quite a number of emails and we do miss a few in between maybe your was misplaced or missed.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I'll try and get my offers in for Friday, but I can't promise that will be possible. This week's been a nightmare in terms of working on my accomodation and visa situation for next year, and it might get worse before it gets better.

THanks for all the hard work in prep for this.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Out of curiosity, if the outcome of Free Agency has a team signing players over their 80 limit, do they then release players immediately or do their signings cut off after they hit 80?

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Out of curiosity, if the outcome of Free Agency has a team signing players over their 80 limit, do they then release players immediately or do their signings cut off after they hit 80?

Their signing should cut off but someone else should keep tab of it. I think there should be a financial penanlty as well....maybe $2M for every month they have more than 80 on their roster...should start from begining of the season.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Just a heads up. Detroit's offers definitely will not be in until Sunday. Been shutteling back and forth to Ottawa/Gatineau all week and haven't had any time.

BTW Nick we're possibly staying up in Ottawa (just accross the river in Gatineau actually) Thursday if you're around or have any suggestions on somewhere we might want to entertain ourselves ;)

Hey Drew - just saw your note. I'm in T.O. today (Wednesday), but back in pleasantville tomorrow. Send me an e-mail to let me know your locale and I can definitely make a few recommendations, depending on your tastes. Heck, I might even connect up with you.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Their signing should cut off but someone else should keep tab of it. I think there should be a financial penanlty as well....maybe $2M for every month they have more than 80 on their roster...should start from begining of the season.

I think it has been ok to be over the limit in the offseason, but by the time we've been able to cut off all the players going to europe, i.e. the start of preseason we have to be under it.

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
I think you need to take intiative as well and follow up on it. I have been posting on this message board over and over about all the pending contracts should be forwarded to me. I heard from other teams such as Chicago and dealt with it. As for your email, we do get a quite a number of emails and we do miss a few in between maybe your was misplaced or missed.

Sorry about that...I'll be more diligent with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad