Speculation: Free Agency thread (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Responding to a poster. If Shaw is a top line winger, then the habs are f***ed Yup he had a career year and played well but expecting him and his injury history to repeat that would be arrogant of Bergevin

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
It's the going rate for a top-4 defenceman of his ability. Check out CDH's contract and many more comparables. 4mil just isn't what it used to be :laugh:
Yep, the cap is not 56.8M anymore like it was in 2010. 4M today is pretty much 2.75M. That's not much more than what we gave Gill back in the day.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Hey Whitesnake,

Let's say Wayne scored us 8-10 PP goals last yr..
Would we have missed the playoffs?

Just how bad was our PP anyway ? remember?

The guy has put up double digit PP goals 5 out of his last 6 seasons....We're talking total of 16 15 14 13 11 etc a yr ..nothing to sneeze at...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Obligatory W3K advisory.

DSvGjLg.jpg

Reactions: habsfan891

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Hey Whitesnake,

The guy has put up double digit PP goals 5 out of his last 6 seasons....We're talking total of 16 15 13 11 etc a yr ..nothing to sneeze at...
He scored 5 goals last year averaging 3 minutes of PP a game. None of our forwards averaged that much last year. I don't want Simmonds unless it's like 2M for 1 year.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
He scored 5 goals last year averaging 3 minutes of PP a game. None of our forwards averaged that much last year. I don't want Simmonds unless it's like 2M for 1 year.

anyone can have a off season ......Andrew Shaw see him last yr? remembe Alex Kovelev ? off season then bounced back...Jagr ...Pleky ...

You can go across the NHL and find ton of guy who have a down yr then bounce back .....Simmonds will do just that

I dont care he only got 5 PP goals last yr

The 5 seasons before that he got 16 15 14 13 11 ..total that up ..

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Hey Whitesnake,

The guy has put up double digit PP goals 5 out of his last 6 seasons....We're talking total of 16 15 13 11 etc a yr ..nothing to sneeze at...

Assuming he actually could do that (and that's a hell of a leap), Montreal probably gives up more goals the other way at ES by playing Shaw less, Armia less, Lehkonen less, Byron less and Simmonds more.

And that's a hell of a leap because the whole reason Nashville traded for Simmonds is that their PP was even worse than Montreal's. And guess what? Their PP still sucked with him.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Assuming he actually could do that (and that's a hell of a leap), Montreal probably gives up more goals the other way at ES by playing Shaw less, Armia less, Lehkonen less, Byron less and Simmonds more.

And that's a hell of a leap because the whole reason Nashville traded for Simmonds is that their PP was even worse than Montreal's. And guess what? Their PP still sucked with him.

Look it happens....not every guy traded to a team fits right in to the(new) system after just 17 games...like come on

If Wayne comes to CAMP new coach ..play 82 games ..i BET MONEY he'll be back(good season) ..1 yr down yr ..all it was...

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Look it happens....not every guy trade to a team fit right in tot he system after 17 games...like come on

You want to gamble that big money and meaningful term on a guy with a clear, trackable, significant decline in virtually all gameplay impacts over the last two seasons (at an age when that starts to happen) just wasn't a fit in Nashville? Really?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
You want to gamble that big money and meaningful term on a guy with a clear, trackable, significant decline in virtually all gameplay impacts over the last two seasons (at an age when that starts to happen) just wasn't a fit in Nashville? Really?

I don't consider 4 million for 2-3 yrs big money ..do you?
That's Paul Byron money.,...

Again, Tatar sucked in Vegas..he was brought in to help them....what happened? So much so THEY PAID us to take him.,.He didn't fit, that didn't mean he was done...

How come he looks so good in Montreal ?

Wayne , no different ..

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Hey Whitesnake,

The guy has put up double digit PP goals 5 out of his last 6 seasons....We're talking total of 16 15 14 13 11 etc a yr ..nothing to sneeze at...

Simmonds has been a minus player 9 years in a row and it’s only gotten worse. It’s not a coincidence.

He might be the biggest liability in the league. (In a tight race with Galchenyuk)

There is no doubt in my mind that whatever he adds to a PP is far outweighed by how atrocious he is as a player at even strength. He’s done.

It’s like wanting Alzner back in the lineup to improve our PK.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Simmonds has been a minus player 9 years in a row and it’s only gotten worse. It’s not a coincidence.

He might be the biggest liability in the league. (In a tight race with Galchenyuk)

There is no doubt in my mind that whatever he adds to a PP is far outweighed by how atrocious he is as a player at even strength. He’s done.

It’s like wanting Alzner back in the lineup to improve our PK.

Flyers goaltenders....know anything about them over last 10 yrs...lol

We have had guys who was minus players on other teams..come to Montreal and become + players..why?

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010

Again, Tatar sucked in Vegas..he was brought in to help them....what happened? So much so THEY PAID us to take him.,.He didn't fit, that didn't mean he was done...

Wayne , no different ..

Well, you started talking about 6 million. Also, Paul Byron overall brings a lot more value.

Tatar is younger than Simmonds with less wear and tear. Also, Tatar was bad in Vegas for a brief period of time. Simmonds has been terrible for both Nashville and Philadelphia for two seasons.

Completely different (closer to Alzner)

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If we sign simmonds or gardiner, i hope its not for more than 4 years and they dont have an nmc

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Well, you started talking about 6 million. Also, Paul Byron overall brings a lot more value.

Tatar is younger than Simmonds with less wear and tear. Also, Tatar was bad in Vegas for a brief period of time. Simmonds has been terrible for both Nashville and Philadelphia for two seasons.

Completely different (closer to Alzner)

Nope. wasn't me talking 6 million..no sir...wrong guy
If Wayne had 50 pts /25 goals etc last yr etc..you be looking 6 -6.5million x 5-6 yrs
That 30 pt down yr, is goona hurt him ...

I said 4 million x 2-3 yrs... ...that's a cheap deal and a discount .

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009

Wayne , no different ..

Physical wingers,not very fast skaters who hit the wall in their early 30s after signing big contract: David Clarkson,Milan Lucic,Andrew Ladd, Troy Brouwer,James Neal,Corey Perry etc etc.. Lets not gamble that Simmonds will get back to his old ways, when these guys hit the wall, its over!!

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Nope. wasn't me talking 6 million..no sir...wrong guy
If Wayne had 50 pts /25 goals etc last yr etc..you be looking 6 -6.5million x 5-6 yrs
That 30 pt down yr, is goona hurt him ...

I said 4 million x 2-3 yrs... ...that's a cheap deal and a discount .

Not for what he brings to the table. He costs you games to keep in the line-up.

And he isn't that player any more. He hasn't been for a while. You'd have to give him both the TOI that Gallagher gets and the cushy minutes that Montreal needs to develop their young guys to get anywhere close to that from him.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
I don’t want any free agents at all. Panarin would’ve been the only one but he won’t come here. Duchene will be massively overpaid. Please stay away Bergevin.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Physical wingers,not very fast skaters who hit the wall in their early 30s after signing big contract: David Clarkson,Milan Lucic,Andrew Ladd, Troy Brouwer,James Neal,Corey Perry etc etc.. Lets not gamble that Simmonds will get back to his old ways, when these guys hit the wall, its over!!

Wayne lives in the blue paint area....he ain't out there trying to be Conor McDavid blowing past guys.

He got his home(front of the net)....and he isn't slow, like so many here claim ..that's crazy talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad