Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
As others have stated, Jones waiving to come to Ottawa doesn't make sense. We already know that based on reported NTC lists, most players prefer not to play in Canada. Our team is also a shit-show on the ice and possibly approaching a massive re-tool if we fail to make the playoffs again.

Chicago is still years away from competing, but having Bedard expedites their rebuild and means that with any reasonable level of competence, they should be a good team sooner rather than later.

It is the right idea, swap Chabot in a hockey trade for another player whose also is considered overpaid cap wise - but it is the wrong player because of the NMC.

Reactions: Alex1234 and bert

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
The only thing I've seen is Staois saying he likes the player and it's a shame that rumours were out there. Also that Chychrun would be a guy he'd be calling about if he were an opposing GM.

I think Chychrun is either going to sign or be moved by July 1.

Chabot's injury is kind of timely. It gives them a decent look at Kleven and how his skills change the mix.
Thanks. What you mentioned in your first paragraph helps fill in some of the detail that I had forgotten. I had more of a general recollection.

I do wonder if there was specific discussions with teams about trading Chychrun, but of course, there isn’t info out there about this. I wonder what kind of offers were made if discussions got that far? All we know is that Chychrun wasn’t moved at the deadline. So, that makes you wonder even more about what was being offered.

I’d think the curiosity is warranted given that there’s a lot of trade proposals in here involving Chychrun.

Last edited:

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Depends on what you want to do if you’re Chicago.

Jones is 29 and carry’s 9.5M for 7 more years. Does he fit your window? I’d be surprised if he did and if ownership would not want to move from that cap number. Even if you have to hit the floor you can spend that money more freely.

Sens could use a RHD who eats minutes and plays gritty. He’d look amazing beside Chabby. Fits the age and vet needs. Plus he is not gonna finish that contract healthy.

Doubt any team can easily fit him in at the number without retention.

I think he’s a gamer
He's bad his underlying numbers aren't worth the contract and those numbers come from when he was paired with Werenski. Stay away!

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I can't believe Jones is even being suggested with how much this fan base dislikes Chabot

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I'm not. Does anyone else remember those who were onboard with trading Alfie for Craig Conroy?

Grass is always greener for some people regardless of how brown the grass is on the other side.

I found a Sens forum with a fairly active archive from the early 2000s a few years ago, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. It was pretty wild reading threads on stuff like the Heatley acquisition.

I will see if I can find it later on.

I get HF has an archive that goes back to the early 2000s, but it isn't straightforward or easy to find things.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

"i heard (so dont kill me) that Alfredsson is in danger of losing his "C"...i highly doubt it but i was just wondering if anyone else heard about this."

"I haven't heard anything about it, but if you ask me it would be a good idea. This guy should not be the captain of a team."

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

"i heard (so dont kill me) that Alfredsson is in danger of losing his "C"...i highly doubt it but i was just wondering if anyone else heard about this."

"I haven't heard anything about it, but if you ask me it would be a good idea. This guy should not be the captain of a team."
Well he did deliver exactly zero cups

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I’d be on board with not doing much of anything up front other than bringing in a guy like Tyler Motte.

Unload Chychrun and Forsberg

Sign Matt Roy 6 x 5.5M
Sign Carrier 6 x 3.5M

Sanderson Zub
Chabot Roy
Klevin Carrier
JBD

Sign Stolartz 4 x 2.5M.
I like that line up. If we can't get Roy, I hope we sign DeMelo, but Carrier would be a good third pairing guy that JBD would have to outplay to make the roster. He's a bit small, but has great positioning.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I’d be on board with not doing much of anything up front other than bringing in a guy like Tyler Motte.

Unload Chychrun and Forsberg

Sign Matt Roy 6 x 5.5M
Sign Carrier 6 x 3.5M

Sanderson Zub
Chabot Roy
Klevin Carrier
JBD

Sign Stolartz 4 x 2.5M.

I think Stolarz gets 3.5M+ over 2-3 years.

Similar to what Driedger got. It's a similar situation. There aren't enough NHL goalies to go around.

Reactions: NB613

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Can we fit Bertuzzi AND Matt Roy under the cap? If not Roy, then DeMelo? I still think we need some ugliness in our middle 6, and Bertuzzi would fit the bill.

Tkachuk - Pinto - Batherson
Bertuzzi - Stutzle - Giroux
Crookshank - Greig - Joseph <- or replace Crookshank with some return for Chychrun
Katchouk - Kastelic - Kelly
Ostapchuk

(Norris)

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Roy/DeMelo
Kleven - Brannstrom
JBD, Hamonic

Brossoit/Stolartz/whatever <- another contract to fit under the cap, I guess
Korpisalo

(Forsberg waived, might end up in the AHL)

Much would depend on what we can get for Chychrun. Maybe the goalie we need, maybe the top 4 RD (doubtful), maybe the middle 6, maybe just picks.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Can we fit Bertuzzi AND Matt Roy under the cap? If not Roy, then DeMelo? I still think we need some ugliness in our middle 6, and Bertuzzi would fit the bill.

Tkachuk - Pinto - Batherson
Bertuzzi - Stutzle - Giroux
Crookshank - Greig - Joseph <- or replace Crookshank with some return for Chychrun
Katchouk - Kastelic - Kelly
Ostapchuk

(Norris)

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Roy/DeMelo
Kleven - Brannstrom
JBD, Hamonic

Brossoit/Stolartz/whatever <- another contract to fit under the cap, I guess
Korpisalo

(Forsberg waived, might end up in the AHL)

Much would depend on what we can get for Chychrun. Maybe the goalie we need, maybe the top 4 RD (doubtful), maybe the middle 6, maybe just picks.

We have 16.5M next year to cover any players coming back in a Chychrun trade, Pinto's extension, any Sanderson overage from this season, and a handful of roster spots at high 6 figures.

Unless Norris will be gone the entire season on LTIR or we dump a big contract, we won't have a lot of cap to play with.

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We have 16.5M next year to cover any players coming back in a Chychrun trade, Pinto's extension, any Sanderson overage from this season, and a handful of roster spots at high 6 figures.

Unless Norris will be gone the entire season on LTIR or we dump a big contract, we won't have a lot of cap to play with.
Not enough cap space to fix everything so I went with D and an upgrade on Forsberg along with a vet 4th line PK option in my roster above.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad