Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Pretty bad value for Chychrun IMO.

I think you’d be lucky with just Brogbeeg or a 1st - not both.

Chychryn isn’t that good. He has no distinct talent besides his shot. Not a lot of teams are looking for a D who doesn’t have great hockey sense and doesn’t read the play that we’ll and isn’t physical - Brannstrom mucks more then Chychryn does.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I’ve voiced this team does not need an overhaul. Needs the right approach and the right coaching and a goalie who can save a puck

There were actually rumours 2 seasons ago the real. They started bad is because DJ worked then to hard in training camp and they were tired - what a mess of a team it was from top to bottom

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
There were actually rumours 2 seasons ago the real. They started bad is because DJ worked then to hard in training camp and they were tired - what a mess of a team it was from top to bottom
Didn't they have the easiest start to the season with minimal games and the excuse was we can't get in a rhythm?

Reactions: Alex1234 and Bileur

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Pretty bad value for Chychrun IMO.

Anybody know if they were trying to move Chychrun at the deadline? And, if so, what happened?

All I can recall is Staois (?) throwing some cold water on the idea that Chychrun was being moved (something to that effect, but I cannot remember exact words).

Just curious if there was more info especially in light of the volume of Chychrun trades in here. I get that btw. We need a defensive RD versus an offensive LD, but I wondered if there was anything from Senators management that sheds some light?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If Norris is good to go then we can let Ostapchuk progress in Belleville and add both jarventie and Norris to the lineup.

That could be all we need up front. Jarventie is an upgrade on Kubalik and Norris (if healthy) is an upgrade on Crookshank.
Crooker/Macewen could be extras.

The defence has looked good with Kleven added. Maybe makes the chychrun vs chabot decision more difficult but looks like just one change there (RHD) is truly obligatory.

Swap the backup if you like. Not sure how much of a difference it will make. But should probably do it anyway.

So just 2 or 3 moves are really necessary way I see it. I like all of the remaining players.

The coach is the biggest decision and has to be a home run.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Anybody know if they were trying to move Chychrun at the deadline? And, if so, what happened?

All I can recall is Staois (?) throwing some cold water on the idea that Chychrun was being moved (something to that effect, but I cannot remember exact words).

Just curious if there was more info especially in light of the volume of Chychrun trades in here. I get that btw. We need a defensive RD versus an offensive LD, but I wondered if there was anything from Senators management that sheds some light?
They probably were.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Realistically we probably can’t add more than 1 top 4 RD, 1 middle 6 vet winger who is more defensive than offensive and a little shuffle in goal. Maybe a depth defenceman to replace Hamonic. More than that requires moving out an 8M dollar player.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Bringing in another goalie should be the #1 off season priority. I'd love to see this team go hard after Joel Hofer. Binnington has three more years before hitting free agency so I'm hoping the Blues would be prepared to move Hofer to upgrade their mediocre defense corps. I'm sure Chychrun would be a player that would be attractive to St. Louis. I could see Chychrun and Hofer being two pieces in a much larger deal.

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Chych for Seth Jones? Or Chabot for Seth Jones? I don’t want to trade either. But it seems chych is in many rumours. Probably on the move.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

The only thing I've seen is Staois saying he likes the player and it's a shame that rumours were out there. Also that Chychrun would be a guy he'd be calling about if he were an opposing GM.

I think Chychrun is either going to sign or be moved by July 1.

Chabot's injury is kind of timely. It gives them a decent look at Kleven and how his skills change the mix.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Chych for Seth Jones? Or Chabot for Seth Jones? I don’t want to trade either. But it seems chych is in many rumours. Probably on the move.
So, Chicago is doing this to get a touch younger three years after signing Jones to a massive deal?

I mean, I'd consider it, but idk if we can do it trading Chych due to the cap implications.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
So, Chicago is doing this to get a touch younger three years after signing Jones to a massive deal?

I mean, I'd consider it, but idk if we can do it trading Chych due to the cap implications.
Chicago will win the lottery. They'll draft Celebrini. They will win the first of 4 cups in the Bedard Celebrini era in 2026. Seth Jones will anchor the D on three of those cup winners.

This is the NHL way

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009

Depends on what you want to do if you’re Chicago.

Jones is 29 and carry’s 9.5M for 7 more years. Does he fit your window? I’d be surprised if he did and if ownership would not want to move from that cap number. Even if you have to hit the floor you can spend that money more freely.

Sens could use a RHD who eats minutes and plays gritty. He’d look amazing beside Chabby. Fits the age and vet needs. Plus he is not gonna finish that contract healthy.

Doubt any team can easily fit him in at the number without retention.

I think he’s a gamer

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Depends on what you want to do if you’re Chicago.

Jones is 29 and carry’s 9.5M for 7 more years. Does he fit your window? I’d be surprised if he did and if ownership would not want to move from that cap number. Even if you have to hit the floor you can spend that money more freely.

Sens could use a RHD who eats minutes and plays gritty. He’d look amazing beside Chabby. Fits the age and vet needs. Plus he is not gonna finish that contract healthy.

Doubt any team can easily fit him in at the number without retention.

I think he’s a gamer
Full NMC. Even if you could somehow figure out the structure of a deal with Chicago, good luck getting him to waive to come to Ottawa.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I wish we could get Pesce. I'd go up to Chychrun 50% retained if we could get a deal done with Pesce beforehand. Or Chychrun no retention and JBD. I doubt he'd sign here though and the Canes probably want to keep him anyway. They look like they might have to make a choice between Pesce and Skjei, but maybe they get it all done anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad