GDT: Free Agency Day! Wednesday July 13th 2022 Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I’m happy for them, CBJ gets no one

They've spent almost their entirety in the NHL playing a boring ass style of hockey, with incredible fans watching. Not sure they really deserve to sign big UFA's with how they played, same as what we've had to endure.

Good for them though, I agree. No slight really, Columbus isn't too bad, Buckeyes are there. Good sports town.

I guess really it's just a bit shocking that he went there when they aren't even remotely close to competing for a cup.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Backwards to you, maybe it’s what he wants , I’m from Halifax and have lived in mtl and Toronto and every once in a while I get pangs to go home but don’t tell me folks from Toronto and mtl would totally understand if I gave up my career to do it
The guy isn't from Ohio.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I remember arguing that the way the Knights were trying to win was not sustainable...what a mess
So basically, to get Patches, they gave up Suzuki, a second and Tuna who had cost them a pick in each of the first three rounds.

I dunno what future considerations may be but I doubt it’s worth basically two first rounders, two seconds and a third rounder.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Still can't believe Carolina got Pacioretty for future considerations. It's such an incredibly one-sided trade it makes you wonder if Vegas is being blackmailed.

For all his faults, mostly being injury prone lately, Pacioretty is still a legit top winger in the league.

Edit: and as if that's not enough, they also gave a 24 year-old Dman that has top4 potential.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Ok? Same is true for large parts of the US. Ohio is one of the last places in the US I'd ever want to live. Trust me, I have to go often for work. It's an armpit.

Detroit is a shit hole, but where pro athletes live is fantastic. I assume, any NHL team in a rough city is the same. They don't live like the rest of us lol.

Reactions: 1993

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Still can't believe Carolina got Pacioretty for future considerations. It's such an incredibly one-sided trade it makes you wonder if Vegas is being blackmailed.

For all his faults, mostly being injury prone lately, Pacioretty is still a legit top winger in the league.

Edit: and as if that's not enough, they also gave a 24 year-old Dman that has top4 potential.
Pacman become injury prone....check out his last 2 seasons .....Vegas got tired of it ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad