GDT: Free Agency Day - 7/13 @ 12pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Obviously teams would not “empty the tank“ for him without at least a 4 or 5 year commitment. He could play for Florida for 4 years and go to Montreal when He’s 28.
Huh? You think he would do that when he is counting the days till ufa status so he can just sign with the habs? This kid has been a brat about where he plays twice now and for almost 4 years has eluded to wanting to play on a specific stage. He wants to be in Montreal and he is going to do whatever to get there no later than his first year as a possible ufa. Most likely he is pushing things behind the scenes. His agent is one of the best in the business and he didn't come out and say this publically for no reason, he is trying to angle on the jets to make it happen now.

This is the exact type of headache I was advocating to avoid with this infant when people wanted to fire all the last big trade chips we had for him bc he was "exactly what we need" except he isn't. He's immature and he doesn't/didn't want to be here. What a circus this would have been

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
5 mil AAV for Chytil is insane. He’s scored 23 points 4 years in a row. He will get moved long before they pay him that much
Haha so now chytil who is still in rfa status and generally hasn't prove shit at this level aside from a few spurts of good play is getting paid almost what our new god provided ufa 2c center savior (according to some here) just got? This board is just constantly dipping lately, which sucks...

Reactions: McRanger92

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
some of you guys are nuts , laffy and miller are not UFAs next season. Where are you getting these numbers from

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Huh? You think he would do that when he is counting the days till ufa status so he can just sign with the habs? This kid has been a brat about where he plays twice now and for almost 4 years has eluded to wanting to play on a specific stage. He wants to be in Montreal and he is going to do whatever to get there no later than his first year as a possible ufa. Most likely he is pushing things behind the scenes. His agent is one of the best in the business and he didn't come out and say this publically for no reason, he is trying to angle on the jets to make it happen now.

This is the exact type of headache I was advocating to avoid with this infant when people wanted to fire all the last big trade chips we had for him bc he was "exactly what we need" except he isn't. He's immature and he doesn't/didn't want to be here. What a circus this would have been

Why is wanting to play for a specific team immature?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
some of you guys are nuts , laffy and miller are not UFAs next season. Where are you getting these numbers from

Yea they just need to talk to them and bridge both. The cap will go up in 3 years so they get paid real well then

Chytil would be lucky to get 2/7 as a UFA. 5x5 holy f***ing hell

I’m shocked if he’s not traded next year given the cap anyway . Get some picks back

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
People forget when fox pulled the same act it was ok because he wanted to come here….I guarantee if he only wanted to play for the rangers no one would say a damn thing

With that being said I still don’t want him. I just dont see him being that good

Last edited:
Reactions: UnparalledPark

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
People forget when fox pulled the same act it was ok because he wanted to come here….I guarantee if he only wanted to play for the rangers no one would say a damn thing

With that being said I still don’t want him. I just dont see him being that goos
Fox wasn’t under contract and part of a locker room yet, it is a little bit different. The situations aren’t comparable. Fox was about to become a UFA and sign with the Rangers because that’s where he wanted to play. Dubois isn’t about to be a UFA. He’s under control of Winnipeg, currently. But the general point you make is taken.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Contracts around the league.

Robert Thomas - 8/8.125
Josh Norris - 8/7.95
Mikhail Sergachev - 8/8.5
Anthony Cirelli - 8/6.25

Jack Hughes - 8/8
Matthew Tkachuk - 3/7
Brady Tkachuk - 7/8.325

Anyone can see if Laffy breaks out at all, he’s going to get PAID, even as a RFA.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

Robert Thomas - 8/8.125
Josh Norris - 8/7.95
Anthony Cirelli - 8/6.25

Jack Hughes - 8/8
Matthew Tkachuk - 3/7
Brady Tkachuk - 7/8.325

Anyone can see if Laffy breaks out at all, he’s going to get PAID, even as a RFA.

Lafreniere would have to have a massive breakout to get paid those numbers, those guys have either won cups or have been consistently good the last number of years, the Hughes deal was a team trying to buy up UFA years.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Fox wasn’t under contract and part of a locker room yet, it is a little bit different. The situations aren’t comparable. Fox was about to become a UFA and sign with the Rangers because that’s where he wanted to play. Dubois isn’t about to be a UFA. He’s under control of Winnipeg, currently. But the general point you make is taken.
I was speaking from a pure asset standpoint. But I think you understand my general point.

The hurricanes could have gotten much more for fox if the rangers weren’t his only destination

Robert Thomas - 8/8.125
Josh Norris - 8/7.95
Anthony Cirelli - 8/6.25

Jack Hughes - 8/8
Matthew Tkachuk - 3/7
Brady Tkachuk - 7/8.325

Lafreniere would have to have a massive breakout to get paid those numbers, those guys have either won cups or have been consistently good the last number of years, the Hughes deal was a team trying to buy up UFA years.
I mean you have to hope the rangers can pull a deal like cirelli for laf instead of something over 8

I fully expect laf to put up over 60 points this year. If he’s given 17 minutes a night consistently I can see 70. That is obviously wishful thinking but I’ve spoken all last season about his lack of ice time and opportunity on PP1. If he replaces Strome in the bumper spot he will rack up the points

UnparalledPark

Jun 15, 2022

If I had the choice of waiting in Winnipeg for 2 years, then going to my childhood favorite team, or going to L.A or Florida to bask in the sun and experience playoff hockey for 4 years, then go to The Canadiens at the ripe old age of 28, when they are good, I personally would choose the latter.
You think he’s a headache because he didn’t want to play for an abusive Torts in Columbus (OK you may have a point) and his agent let it slip (on purpose) that he wants to play on Montreal, but how big of a headache does Calgary have now because Johnny Hockey was not up front with them.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
It isn't, and I didn't say it was, so please don't twist my words. Any player can want to do that, it's the way he has attempted to make it happen over the years that has demonstrated his immaturity. When he tanked in Columbus he was already trying to get to Montreal that previous summer as an rfa

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Laf breaking out would be the best thing to happen to this Org. Maybe ever.

Miller looks like he will sign a reasonable contract at this point. You guys are talking numbers for him as if he played the defense he did and put up 50 points. He had 20 points. And with Jones likely getting the last LD spot, I don't see where Miller is going to get powerplay time. Again, we should wait and see with his contract.

Chytil and Kravtsov, we will also see. Chytil hasn't been able to break 25 points and can't put together a full season. Kravtsov might score a million points, might not make the team and go back to Russia/get traded. They are complete wild cards.

Reactions: Riche16

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
If I had the choice of waiting in Winnipeg for 2 years, then going to my childhood favorite team, or going to L.A or Florida to bask in the sun and experience playoff hockey for 4 years, then go to The Canadiens at the ripe old age of 28, when they are good, I personally would choose the latter.
You think he’s a headache because he didn’t want to play for an abusive Torts in Columbus (OK you may have a point) and his agent let it slip (on purpose) that he wants to play on Montreal, but how big of a headache does Calgary have now because Johnny Hockey was not up front with them.
"Abusive torts"
Haha okay, his exit from Columbus was not about torts, (when he tanked in Columbus he was already trying to get to Montreal that previous summer as an rfa) and using the term abusive is absolutely ridiculous. Demanding, intense, passionate, at times extreme? Yes. "Abusive?" Dear God I hope you never actually experience what that is...

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yea they just need to talk to them and bridge both. The cap will go up in 3 years so they get paid real well then

I’m shocked if he’s not traded next year given the cap anyway . Get some picks back

With Mika-Trocheck locked in long term in the top 6, trading Chytil next year and getting an extra 1st rounder in a deep draft is the kind of asset management I can get behind

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Gamble would be to give Laffy or KAM a 6-7 year - $4.5M extension right now... but they both probably end up getting bridged...

I just don't see Chytil getting $5M. It'd take an absurd season. Even if he has a really good 45+pts season, he'd have to shore up a lot of defensive deficiencies.... and overcome the injury bug that typically derails his season

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
5 mil AAV for Chytil is insane. He’s scored 23 points 4 years in a row. He will get moved long before they pay him that much
If chytil scores 20 goals this year hes going to be a 5x5 guy. He had 7 goals in 20 playoff games which is good for a 29 goal pace over 82. I guess tbd if that was an anomaly

UnparalledPark

Jun 15, 2022
"Abusive torts"
Haha okay, his exit from Columbus was not about torts, (when he tanked in Columbus he was already trying to get to Montreal that previous summer as an rfa) and using the term abusive is absolutely ridiculous. Demanding, intense, passionate, at times extreme? Yes. "Abusive?" Dear God I hope you never actually experience what that is...
You are right, I meant to place abuse in ( ). Take a look at his penalty minutes, I think you’ll find he’s a pretty intense and passionate guy. He just seems to not respond to a guy like Torts (who was one of my favorite Ranger coaches). at Any rate I think PLD is a great player that some team would love to have for at least 2 years, and I don’t believe the jets believe he’s a headache. Now stop abusing me! LOL

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Chytil would be lucky to get 2/7 as a UFA. 5x5 holy f***ing hell
I believe after this season chytil is 1 year from ufa. Which means him signing a 5 year deal would buy 4 ufa years, theres a premium for that. And if he scores 20 goals (he played at a 29 goal pace over 82 in the playoffs) and continues to look as he did in the playoffs, hes going to be worth 5x5 especially with the cap set to explode. Context is key as always. Granted we could opt for shorter term to buy less ufa years and then lower the aav. 3 years could probably get him at 3.75-4 because then he hits ufa as a 26 year old center with 9 years of NHL experience.

And if we are not willing to pay that, then we simply trade him and probably get a really good haul, as in perhaps as high as a 1st+. 23 year old centers who score 20+ goals, and have 6 years nhl experience dont exactly grow on trees.

Last edited:

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
If chytil scores 20 goals this year hes going to be a 5x5 guy. He had 7 goals in 20 playoff games which is good for a 29 goal pace over 82. I guess tbd if that was an anomaly

I would love for that to be the case. It means we would be set down the middle for years to come. I think right now the Rangers see Lafreniere & KAM as part of the core and will do everything to keep them around. Chytil and others could potentially join them with good seasons next year. They need to force the Rangers into tough decisions. Nut up time for the kids.

Reactions: Riche16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad