'' *Higher his voice at someone* ''
'' *awkward silence* ''
'' It's always good to keep some cap space to play with''

:popcorn:
Don't forget, transition year. :handclap:

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Danault never scored 15 goals at the AHL level and even struggled to score that many goals at the junior level. It's a real stretch to expect him to replace Eller's offensive output in the same kind of role.

He's a slight upgrade over what Bournival could have been for us... Maybe 3rd line potential, but I'd rather keep him on the 4th.

Yeah, Danault isn't ready for 3rd line duties at all...

I swear some people don't even watch the games, he's barely a NHLer right now.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
The poster formerly known as HiggsBozon simply doesn't like or want Stamkos, which is fine, but the argument against courting him is asinine.

:shakehead

I'll be back here on July 2nd and laugh at your face when you bash Bergevin for doing exactly what you wanted him to do.

Wouldn't waste a second of my time on him. We are NOT going to get him, no matter what your fantasies are, and even if we got him, Stamkos getting Kane/Toews money is ridiculous.

"WAH WAH WAH Pacioretty isn't physical, implicated in the play and a no-show in the playoffs"
"Let's give 10M to Stamkos!"

:laugh: What's sad is that most people on this thread don't have any idea about what Stamkos really is as a player as of 2016.

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, Danault isn't ready for 3rd line duties at all...

I swear some people don't even watch the games, he's barely a NHLer right now.

I watch over 200 games per year, thank you.

As for Danault, small sample size, and I didn't even look at the stats before saying he could score 15, but he scored 3 in 21 with us last year, that equates to approx 11 on a full season.

If he scores 12 and gets 15 assists, that'll be enough to replace Eller...very doable

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
For instance ,if Stamkos were to sign a $10 million-per-year contract, his post-tax earnings with the Lightning would be around $6.083 million annually. That same contract would net Stamkos around $4.68 million in Toronto and aboug $4.69 million in Montreal,

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/s...n-mix-why-taxes-matter-sign-and-trade-option/

Stamkos' hometown Maple Leafs, due to a 53.53 percent combined federal/provincial tax rate, would have to offer him $12.37 million annually over seven years to net the same as he'd make over eight years at $8.5 million in Tampa, according to national sports tax guru Robert Raiola

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I watch over 200 games per year, thank you.

As for Danault, small sample size, and I didn't even look at the stats before saying he could score 15, but he scored 3 in 21 with us last year, that equates to approx 11 on a full season.

If he scores 12 and gets 15 assists, that'll be enough to replace Eller...very doable

He scored 4 goals in 53 NHL games.

Danault is alright, I like the kid, but by no means is he a 3rd liner right now.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
This is where the NHL should step in a make it a level playing field for everyone.

Canadian teams are at a HUGE disadvantage because of this.

there are mitigating factors--much higher sponsorship dollars for him in Canada + living in montreal cost of living much lower than most cities..

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
This is where the NHL should step in a make it a level playing field for everyone.

And this is why Shaw is making 3.9 in Montreal not 3.3 he was asking with Hawks...fact of life in Canada.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
:shakehead

I'll be back here on July 2nd and laugh at your face when you bash Bergevin for doing exactly what you wanted him to do.

Wouldn't waste a second of my time on him. We are NOT going to get him, no matter what your fantasies are, and even if we got him, Stamkos getting Kane/Toews money is ridiculous.

"WAH WAH WAH Pacioretty isn't physical, implicated in the play and a no-show in the playoffs"
"Let's give 10M to Stamkos!"

:laugh: What's sad is that most people on this thread don't have any idea about what Stamkos really is as a player as of 2016.
That is not what I am saying.

You said "Eggs in a basket" I refuted your argument. There is no basket and there are no eggs, it's literally just negotiation.

I think a 70pt centre (at his career worst) is still the best forward the Habs will have had since the 90s. I think that I will bash BargainBin for not acquiring top9/top6/top3 talent but it will depend if every other player gets overpaid and many other factors.

You saying that negotiating with the best UFA since the 05 lockout, during the negotiation period, is a waste of time is ASININE.

And I'd take minimum-70pt Stamkos over average 60-pt Toews.

That is not how taxes work, or residency works. Has been disproven many times.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014

+1, it wasnt that bad a couple of years ago, but now it's just crazy how it penalize the canadian teams.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Now take those US dollars and convert to Canadian dollars....you can tac on another million. Now his endorsements in Canada will go through the roof. Globally, He'll make more in Montreal or Toronto

No.

Every player is paid in US dollars, even if they play in Canada.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
That is not what I am saying.

You said "Eggs in a basket" I refuted your argument. There is no basket and there are no eggs, it's literally just negotiation.

I think a 70pt centre (at his career worst) is still the best forward the Habs will have had since the 90s. I think that I will bash BargainBin for not acquiring top9/top6/top3 talent but it will depend if every other player gets overpaid and many other factors.

You saying that negotiating with the best UFA since the 05 lockout, during the negotiation period, is a waste of time is ASININE.

And I'd take minimum-70pt Stamkos over average 60-pt Toews.

That is not how taxes work, or residency works. Has been disproven many times.

people are clueless if they think habs shouldn't be all in on a generational center in his prime.

chucky and stamkos - for years
11 and 67 on wing
top 5 dman - 76
top 3 goalie - 31

fill in the other wingers and what-not. who cares? lol
THIS is a team that gets out of the east

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad