Post-Game Talk: Frauds 5 - Jerks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The context of my post was at any point. Absolutely no prospect should be off the table, ever (unless player is in the franchise player category like Bedard)

It is the GM’s job to constantly be looking to upgrade the team, especially when that team is in a win now mode. After all the entire point of a season is to win the Stanley Cup. Obviously care has to be taken to ensure the cupboards are not bare. The Jets seem to have quite a few offensive minded prospects, and it is a position of strength for the org, so what does it hurt to explore all options to give this iteration of the Jets the best shot possible?

I’m not saying I want to trade him. But I trust Chevy, and would not be opposed to it in knowing that if it did happen I’m confident due diligence would have been done and all pros and cons weighed. Same goes for any of our prospects.

The Jets have a very good window over the next few years while out top guys are all in their primes and locked up. What better time to load up then now? I’m not talking a rental either. I’m talking about a youngish impact player with some term who can immediately step into a top 6 role or play RHD on our top pairing. Easier said than done I know, but what I do know is that in order to find that player, something of substance would have to go the other way. If that something happens to be Perfetti, so be it. In Chevy we trust.
Yeah i don't disagree. Just hasn't been their usual way of doing things unless they refuse to sign here long term

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Canes goalie lives and dies by the poke check
He made a nice poke on Barron early in the game
Schief and Monohan are smart players.
Cannot outpoke them.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
He sounds like a keeper :laugh:

EDIT: That's really a sweet and amusing gesture. Most guys don't go that extra mile, hence my comment.
Sounds like a keeper!
That is one of the coolest, most hilarious things I have heard someone do for their significant other.
I certainly plan on keeping him until at least June. We have some fabulous -ahem- chemistry together as long as we avoid certain topics. Most of my friends are pestering me to either wangle my way towards a ring or notify them the very minute we break up. He is "sweet, amusing, coolest, hilarious" and that combination doesn't come along very often.

And yes, to answer one DM, he has made some new signs over the past few weeks.

And now I turn my attention to predicting the outcome of the Buffalo tilt. It's one of those obvious games that could easily slide in the wrong direction. It's hard to predict the score without any crystal balls at hand.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Crosby is not forgoing his NMC for Winnipeg

Yeah not after the bright lights of ..................... (checks HDB) Pittsburgh?

For 2 PO runs to end his career, I think he would. Unless there was a better offer from a better contender that is.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah not after the bright lights of ..................... (checks HDB) Pittsburgh?

For 2 PO runs to end his career, I think he would. Unless there was a better offer from a better contender that is.
Crosby isn’t coming to Winnipeg. Maybe he takes another run in New York or Florida or another big US market in another year or 2. No way he comes to Winnipeg for 1 1/2 years.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
LOL Crosby choosing Winnipeg over other contenders that would want him, moving away from a city that's been his home for almost 2 decades because "its just Pittsburgh". Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese