Franson, Santorelli can't explain Leafs' downturn

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
I think the problems are obvious. Leadership

During Mats Sundin / Pat Quinn era ( mind you those teams had Belfour and Cujo, who single handily used to win you games ) I remember the Leafs never lost 3 or more games in a row. They had better road records than home

Those teams had players that didn't quit and won't let others quit. The problem with this Leafs are they are mentally very fragile. When things go bad, instead of rolling up the sleeves we crumble

Hold on before Belfour came to Toronto he had a pretty rough season in Dallas, .895 or so sa%. then turned around came to Toronto and put up some of the best stat lines in his career.

Regardless what anyone said about Pat Quinn he was able to get the most out of players. He seemed to find players who people thought were washed up because of age, injury or never developed properly. Roberts, Mogilny, Belfour, McCabe etc etc.

The guy knew what players fit well and how to build a team. I do agree that having Mats Sundin as the centre piece was a huge part in that but regardless old Pat brought the Leafs as close as anyone to winning a cup as anyone after the 67 season.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
How do you know Kadri isn't? He's never been used in that role, except for a brief 20 game stint last year when Bozak was injured. Meanwhile Bozak has been given 5 years to prove he's not cut out for it.

Don't you think if Kadri was a number one center his production would be well above average for a second line center ?

Trainspotter

May 28, 2013
I think the problems are obvious. Leadership

During Mats Sundin / Pat Quinn era ( mind you those teams had Belfour and Cujo, who single handily used to win you games ) I remember the Leafs never lost 3 or more games in a row. They had better road records than home

Those teams had players that didn't quit and won't let others quit. The problem with this Leafs are they are mentally very fragile. When things go bad, instead of rolling up the sleeves we crumble

Those teams had far more ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad