Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - Part 2

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Do you FHM players think FHM 3 is worth the price? What does it have over EHM?

More realistic player ageing and development curves, more realism in terms of simulating results and much better depth in terms of past years statistics being accessible.

EHM is better in every other aspect though. Drafting, scouting, tactics, UI etc.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
Hello

I want to apologize to anyone I offended/upset; that really wasn't my intention. I spoke up not to put down FHM, and not to promote EHM, but to clarify something I thought was incorrect (IMO if Attributes are still developing when CA/PA match that means development isn't hard capped) & I expressed my opinion that the negativity of some OOTP/FHM supporters is a problem because that is what I think (and the current response on the FHM Boards to online being removed from FHM for now is for me the most recent example).

I bought both FHM1 and FHM2 upon release (to support development) and never made comments with malice about FHM; I won't post in this thread again.

Nino

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
When it comes to fhm and ehm I'm a big major junior player and u msged fhm developers asking when world juniors will be put it they said near future but not in time for release so until then I'll be watching other people's comments to see what other stuff they add

rfroese

Jun 12, 2014
So I finally gave in and got this game. And I can't see a freaking thing. The font is absurdly tiny. Any tips for how to make it visible? I've searched the boards but every time this gets brought up it gets ignored.

Thx.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Do you FHM players think FHM 3 is worth the price? What does it have over EHM?

I think the pre-order price makes the game very attractive. If you have the cash then I'd suggest going with both. Different people have different views - some think certain aspects of one game are better than the other and others disagree. There's no definitive answer and it is completely subjective. The only way to find out yourself is to buy both - and you're be supporting the continued development of both (although there was a recent Tweet saying that SI have no present plans for bringing EHM back full time, it's worth bearing in mind that this could always change at some point in the future and, even if it doesn't, Riz is still developing it in his spare time).

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I really can't wait for FHM3 to be released.

For all the flak that FHM2 got (and some of it frankly deserved, like the all-star game patch that would make the game unplayable...), it was a HUGE improvement over FHM1.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
I really can't wait for FHM3 to be released.

For all the flak that FHM2 got (and some of it frankly deserved, like the all-star game patch that would make the game unplayable...), it was a HUGE improvement over FHM1.

It had its flaws but for sure is going in the right direction I feel like

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
NHL Licensing is huge. It may not be a massive deal for the general public, but for the non-hardcore market or players looking to try their first hockey text-sim it might be all that matters.

ArtVandelay1987

Sep 19, 2012
Martinsburg,WV
My big thing is I hope they clean up the interface and make things a bit more navigable. Also I wish they would put a bit more effort on the fantasy side of things but at this time I totally understand that the modern game is what they are wanting to focus on. This will be a purchase soon though.

Sebastian Palkowski

Oct 20, 2011
We are hard at work for the release but I want to take a short break and write two things:

1. FHM was written from the ground up and was not a copy from any old OOTP version. Both games are written with two different frameworks, which makes it hard to share code. Some code is used from OOTP, but that are mostly technical features like the news engine, facegen or the installer. All game related features are written especially for FHM as we think that Hockey deserves it´s own systems and not baseball systems converted to hockey. Of course we have e.g. a similar look, because we share the same graphic designer.

2. For some reason every discussion between FHM and EHM results in conflicts. I think people should be happy to have two (good) choices for a hockey manager game (or just buy both ;)), not long ago no hockey game was available. It looks like the market is big enough for two products and it keeps the developers motivated to improve the games. Looks like a win-win situation for every user to me.

Of course everyone likes different things, so one might like FHM better, the other likes EHM better and some people might even like/play both games. I just wish that everyone would respect each others opinion and let everyone enjoy the game of it´s choice.

Last but not least, the NHL license is a big deal for us. It will help us to slowly grow the market. We learned a lot in the past and we will go our way. We will continue to work hard on FHM every day and improve the game with every update and new version. We can´t do everything at the same time, we will concentrate on one area before we jump to another but that way the game will be better and better over time.

I will visit this board regularly, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I will visit this board regularly, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

My biggest question right now is whether the issue with resolutions on ultra-high-res screens like the Surface Pro has been resolved like it has been with OOTP 17.

I bought FHM but I sat out FHM2 because of this issue; I'd really like to get back on board with FHM3 if it means I can run it on my daily driver.

Sebastian Palkowski

Oct 20, 2011
My biggest question right now is whether the issue with resolutions on ultra-high-res screens like the Surface Pro has been resolved like it has been with OOTP 17.

I bought FHM but I sat out FHM2 because of this issue; I'd really like to get back on board with FHM3 if it means I can run it on my daily driver.

I work on it. First tests look promising but at this point I can´t guarantee it. I will keep you updated.

Since I don´t have a Surface Pro here, what is the screen resolution on it?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I work on it. First tests look promising but at this point I can´t guarantee it. I will keep you updated.

Since I don´t have a Surface Pro here, what is the screen resolution on it?

2736 x 1824 pixels, 267ppi. OOTP 16 had the same issues that FHM2 had but whatever they did between releases worked - I can now play the game without having to manually downgrade my resolution.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Probably going to buy FHM3 to check it out, and to support the market.

I have one question though. It's rather important to me in games like these that I feel players and teams represent reality well enough. As such, I usually spend quite a lot of time editing. Will FHM3 include an editor? Or even better, tools for importing databases like EHM has?

Edit: Read now that there are plans for a pre-game editor. Will it be available on release day or later? I would also suggest adding the ability to import data from a spreadsheet. Really helpful for those of us who likes doing large-scale editing.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Correct me if I am wrong, but the makers of FHM also make OOTPB right?

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
sorry if this has been asked but is it going to be on steam as well? we are only a week out and I cant find any info on there about it.

jbreiner

Mar 24, 2006
sorry if this has been asked but is it going to be on steam as well? we are only a week out and I cant find any info on there about it.

I would assume so. When I preordered the game, I received a code I could enter into steam. That way when the game releases it will show in my library.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
I would assume so. When I preordered the game, I received a code I could enter into steam. That way when the game releases it will show in my library.

Good to know. Was just playing around on steam today and tried searching for it. Didnt see anything about the game "coming soon"

Sebastian Palkowski

Oct 20, 2011
Unfortunately we have to move the release date back to Monday 17th for everyone who pre-ordered the game and the public release to end of October. Sometimes things outside of your control don´t work as you wish they would work but that´s how it is at the moment. On the positive side, we keep the pre-orders running, so basically you can buy and immediately play the game starting next week, we just can´t go live with the Steam page. And a 2-week stress-test before release is not the worst scenario for us, it gives us the chance to iron out the game and especially add more explanations to screens and the manual based on questions we get (the more casual user will not visit forums, so it is good if we can present him more infos on areas, that people have questions on in the next two weeks). The "first week after official release discount" of 10% will still be applied.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad