Franchise Hockey Manager 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
gone through quite a few seasons with the Blues and am currently thinking of starting a new game... in the FHL. yes the league most of us like to make jokes on, has anyone tried to play this game at that low of level? its part of the reason why I'm curious to give it a shot.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Stammer decided to finally sign with Toronto after all..

stammer.png

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Who's had Jagr become even more of a journeymen in their saves??So far in mine he went to the Rangers for a year, then played two for Carolina(still decent point production) curious to see just how long he lasts in the NHL in the game and makes his way to Europe.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Who's had Jagr become even more of a journeymen in their saves??So far in mine he went to the Rangers for a year, then played two for Carolina(still decent point production) curious to see just how long he lasts in the NHL in the game and makes his way to Europe.

I usually slow down the aging engine from "normal" to "slow" seems more realistic. I've had Jagr play to 50 in one save. He was traded a few times and signed onto a few other teams. I've had other where he just retires right after 15/16 season. It seens to depend on his production. If he produces he sticks around if he doesn't he hangs them up right away. If he gets a bad injury he retires right then.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I usually slow down the aging engine from "normal" to "slow" seems more realistic. I've had Jagr play to 50 in one save. He was traded a few times and signed onto a few other teams. I've had other where he just retires right after 15/16 season. It seens to depend on his production. If he produces he sticks around if he doesn't he hangs them up right away. If he gets a bad injury he retires right then.

Forget to check Jagr. But Ovie is in my game still active as a 41 years old. guy. 1600 points, something like 870 goals. Funny think is, he never scored 50 goals in my game.

Aaaand, you can delete my post. Wrong thread. Im playing EHM. :D

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis

Yea he's still putting up points for the 'Canes currently. Pulling for him to last a bit longer haha

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I was bored so I ran another long term FHM2 sim in No Team Commissioner mode. Results were kind of cool. I went from the 15/16 season to 27/28 season. Thought it would be cool to have a look at Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid, Eichel and Matthews careers to this point.

Crosby has remained a Penguin for his entire career and is now 40 years old and still playing.
RS: 1586 GP - 666 G - 1146 A - 1812 P
PO: 160 GP - 63 G - 116 A - 179 P
10× All-Star Selections (07, 08, 09, 11, 15, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23)
1x Cup Winner (09)
3x Hart (07, 14, 17)
4x Ross (07, 14, 17, 18)
1x Rocket (10)
1x Selke (17)
15th All Time in Goals, 5th All Time in Assists, 5th All Time in Points

Ovechkin has since retired. He bounced around in search of Cup glory late in his career playing for the Blues, Flyers, Coyotes and Devils before being injured out of the game. Bruised, battered and Cup-less he hung up the skates at 40 years old after the 25/26 season.
RS: 1552 GP - 872 G - 708 A - 1580 P
PO: 124 GP - 69 G - 55A - 124 P
10x All-Star Selections (07, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21)
4x Hart (08, 09, 13, 16)
2x Ross (08, 16)
9x Rocket (08, 09, 13, 14 ,15, 16, 17, 18, 21)
1x Calder (06)
2nd All Time Goals, 59th All Time Assists, 12th All Time Points

McDavid is now 31 years old and has remained an Oiler for his career to this point.
RS: 957 GP - 446 G - 650 A - 1096 P
PO: 133 GP - 78 G - 72 A - 150 P
10 X All-Star Selections (17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28)
1x Cup Winner (26)
7x Hart (18, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28)
4x Ross (25, 26, 27, 28)
1x Rocket (26)
1x Smythe (28)
1x Selke (28)
70th All Time Goals, 78th All Time Assists, 71st All Time Points

Eichel had quite the decorated career through the late 2010's and early 2020's but has since slowed down. He has remained in Buffalo though. He managed to narrowly edge out McDavid for the Art Ross on 4 occasions.
RS: 1002 GP - 451 G - 653 A - 1104 P
PO: 120 GP - 57 G - 64 A - 121 P
8x All Star Selections (19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, 28)
2x Cup Winner (19, 24)
4x Ross (20, 22, 23, 24)
1x Rocket (23)
1x Selke (21)
1x Calder (16)
65th All Time in Goals, 76th All Time Assists, 68th All Time Points

Matthews and McDavid have been quite the 1-2 punch in Edmonton. Yes that is right, because the sim started in 15/16 Matthews went 1st overall to the lottery winning Oilers. He has been in McDavids shadow his entire career to this point, he is now 30 years old playing on McDavids LW.
RS: 954 GP - 318 G - 351 A - 669 P
5x All-Star Selections (22, 23, 24, 25, 28)
1x Cup Winner (26)
1x Rocket (24)

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
Great stuff, DaximusPrimus! Thanks for posting.

I've found the stats in FHM2 to be really good.
I just hope they can get the online league stuff working better; namely the Import/Export functionality.
If they can adopt OOTP's system, I'll be happy.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Great stuff, DaximusPrimus! Thanks for posting.

I've found the stats in FHM2 to be really good.
I just hope they can get the online league stuff working better; namely the Import/Export functionality.
If they can adopt OOTP's system, I'll be happy.

They are getting closer to being like OOTP in that regard. Someone has already developed a way to make stats and histories view-able online now for online leagues. Things are moving in that direction.

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
They are getting closer to being like OOTP in that regard. Someone has already developed a way to make stats and histories view-able online now for online leagues. Things are moving in that direction.

Great to hear!
You can tell this game is on the verge of breaking thru.
Really looking forward to FHM3.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Great to hear!
You can tell this game is on the verge of breaking thru.
Really looking forward to FHM3.

Yeah if they can really focus on building on what they already have with a few minor tweaks here and there it should be a very solid game.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
To me, what makes FHM stand out over EHM currently are 3 things.

1. Historical stat and team tracking for long term simmers. Are you in the 2050 season and want to know who lead the 2019 Calgary Flames in scoring? Want to see who lead the NHL in assists in 2035? Every single season - player and team wise - is tracked and kept in the database. That is fantastic.

2. Historical mode. Still rough around the edges, but the potential and possibilities are endless. As a massive fan of the history of the game, it's incredibly cool to sim a 23 year old Bobby Orr or 25 year old Mario Lemieux and see how they do in each game world. Who drafted them? What were the dynasties? While also still rough around the edges, it's still cool to watch trades unfold and see how it affects careers. In 1991 I watched as Luc Robitaille was traded for Kirk McLean. It's a fun exercise in what if?

3. Facegen and the addition of jerseys. To me, this definitelt adds to the immersion of the game. I had gotten used to playing EHM 07 for many years seeing player silhouettes for fictional players. With FHM however, each player has a unique face with a nice crisp jersey. Thankfully, modders have already created some wonderful jerseys and helmets.

So while it may not be as finely tuned as EHM, believe me when I see that FHM has the potential to knock it out of the park. Will it get there? I don't know. But I do know that FHM2 was about a million times better than the disaster of FHM1 (sorry Jeff, Sebastian and Malte, but that was a major disappointment and wasn't ready for release) so if FHM3 sees even more improvement, we will have a VERY good game. If it can eventually get to or near the level of OOTP, it will be viewed as the best hockey sim on the market.

The main things FHM must work on, are more realistic player paths and career development, and AI handling of players.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis

1. Historical stat and team tracking for long term simmers. Are you in the 2050 season and want to know who lead the 2019 Calgary Flames in scoring? Want to see who lead the NHL in assists in 2035? Every single season - player and team wise - is tracked and kept in the database. That is fantastic.

2. Historical mode. Still rough around the edges, but the potential and possibilities are endless. As a massive fan of the history of the game, it's incredibly cool to sim a 23 year old Bobby Orr or 25 year old Mario Lemieux and see how they do in each game world. Who drafted them? What were the dynasties? While also still rough around the edges, it's still cool to watch trades unfold and see how it affects careers. In 1991 I watched as Luc Robitaille was traded for Kirk McLean. It's a fun exercise in what if?

3. Facegen and the addition of jerseys. To me, this definitelt adds to the immersion of the game. I had gotten used to playing EHM 07 for many years seeing player silhouettes for fictional players. With FHM however, each player has a unique face with a nice crisp jersey. Thankfully, modders have already created some wonderful jerseys and helmets.

So while it may not be as finely tuned as EHM, believe me when I see that FHM has the potential to knock it out of the park. Will it get there? I don't know. But I do know that FHM2 was about a million times better than the disaster of FHM1 (sorry Jeff, Sebastian and Malte, but that was a major disappointment and wasn't ready for release) so if FHM3 sees even more improvement, we will have a VERY good game. If it can eventually get to or near the level of OOTP, it will be viewed as the best hockey sim on the market.

The main things FHM must work on, are more realistic player paths and career development, and AI handling of players.

Well on the plus side is they've announced it will be a yearly game. So in terms of it growing it's going to be better(in theory) as the years go on. Ehm on the other hand as far as I know is only one person who has some free time during his football manager work. Maybe their modding community is larger, I have no clue. But Fhm is in a great spot currently I feel like

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

Point 1 is really cool. I can live very good without points 2 and 3.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Hey guys, I'm thinking of picking up FHM. Quick question - how much customization is there when it comes to players ratings and potential? Creation of players? etc.?

brentdog

Dec 9, 2015
Hey guys, I'm thinking of picking up FHM. Quick question - how much customization is there when it comes to players ratings and potential? Creation of players? etc.?

There's pretty much full customisation via the in-game editor, which lets you change player potential, attributes, hidden ratings etc.

brentdog

Dec 9, 2015

Here's where I'd tend to disagree. Player attribute development in FHM2 is nowhere near as linear or set as EHM. From sim to sim players can develop radically differently dependent on ice time, coaching standards, whether they're playing alongside veterans etc.

For example, in our multi-player league Mark Friedman has exceeded all possible expectations with the Flyers and blossomed into a genuine top-pairing D. Yet in one of my single player games he's been traded back and forth between franchises and is still labouring in the AHL at 25.

EHM, meanwhile, has more 'hard coded' potentials, which a player will never exceed. You can pretty much guarantee that a player with a high pot rating with high determination goes on to be world class, and where's the fun in that?

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
There's pretty much full customisation via the in-game editor, which lets you change player potential, attributes, hidden ratings etc.

Awesome!!

Here's where I'd tend to disagree. Player attribute development in FHM2 is nowhere near as linear or set as EHM. From sim to sim players can develop radically differently dependent on ice time, coaching standards, whether they're playing alongside veterans etc.

For example, in our multi-player league Mark Friedman has exceeded all possible expectations with the Flyers and blossomed into a genuine top-pairing D. Yet in one of my single player games he's been traded back and forth between franchises and is still labouring in the AHL at 25.

EHM, meanwhile, has more 'hard coded' potentials, which a player will never exceed. You can pretty much guarantee that a player with a high pot rating with high determination goes on to be world class, and where's the fun in that?

This is fantastic to hear. I'm embarrassed to say, but I still spend a lot of time playing the freeware version of EHM from back in 2002. I spent a lot of time building out-of-app wrappers around the game to try and adjust the potential and ceilings and make player progression more realistic and variable. Amazing to hear that FHM has this taken care of.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015

I wish FHM all the best, but what you're saying about EHM is simply not true
Seems to me it would make more sense to disagree with proof/data regarding FHM instead of falsely saying it does things that EHM doesn't

Maybe you never really played and/or understood EHM but "from sim to sim players can develop radically differently dependent on ice time, coaching standards, whether they're playing alongside veterans etc" occurred in EHM07 and occurs in the new EHM too

I think the FHM system for Attributes is potentially more robust than that of EHM (and if all is working as intended significantly more robust), but FHM has "hard coded" potential too (the total values in the Mental/Physical/Offensive/Defensive/Unique don't change)

This was possible in EHM07, and happens in the new EHM too

brentdog

Dec 9, 2015
This was possible in EHM07, and happens in the new EHM too

I'm afraid it isn't. Once a players CA matches with his PA in EHM he simply cannot develop any further. It's the same in Sports Interactives more famous older brother to EHM, Football Manager.

In contrast, FHM2 comes from the OOTP development stable, where player potentials etc. are less linear. Hence you will see greater variation in possibilities - sure McDavid and Eichel will always develop as studs, but other players (i.e Friedman in the example previously given) can occasionally do so as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad