Proposal: Fowler, Trouba, or other

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I'd try to get both Fowler and Trouba. For those here that think Krug is better than Fowler or Trouba need to give their head a shake.

Ducks can't really take any $ back therefore needs to be a prospect and a pick for Fowler.

And if the Jets want Krug for Trouba as some people believe, that trade needs to be made asap.

Chara - Carlo

Fowler - Trouba

Liles - C. Miller/K.Miller

McQuaid needs to be dealt for anything or waived, likewise for Morrow.

The above pairings would cause nightmares in the Eastern Conference now and in the future when you insert McAvoy/Zboril/Lauzon

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm the Jets I want Carlo in that Trouba deal. If I'm Chevy I
call Sweeney and offer Trouba & Connor for Pasta & Carlo :biglaugh:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
So maybe you don't keep proposing that if you can't give a simple reason for why they should do it, instead you try to change the subject.

There's the thing called cap.

Sorry to butt in here, Dusty, but I'm gonna anyway.

He DID explain his logic. Avs would be getting a player who improves their defense for a player who isn't doing anything.

You disagree? Fine. But there IS reasoning behind the proposal and it WAS stated. If you don't want people to jump down your throat, I'd suggest curbing the attitude and making sure you read before you respond.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Depth players isn't exactly the adjective I'd use for Lindholm and Trouba. Also don't think their ask has anything to do with McDavid or Matthews. Lindholm has proven he can play at a high level at a young age, that's why he wants to get paid...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Young NHL depth players like Jacob Trouba asking for more -- right now
http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2016/10/17/22675456.html

If Boston is going to have to pay Pasta for hopefully a big breakout year it behoves them to not be spending a fortune on guys like Trouba and Lindholm and go with the Carlos, OGara's and others who won't be getting jumps for 3-5 years when Chara is gone, Krejci near end of contract and Backes likewise and making half what he is now and tradeable

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
I'd try to get both Fowler and Trouba. For those here that think Krug is better than Fowler or Trouba need to give their head a shake.

Ducks can't really take any $ back therefore needs to be a prospect and a pick for Fowler.

And if the Jets want Krug for Trouba as some people believe, that trade needs to be made asap.

Chara - Carlo

Fowler - Trouba

Liles - C. Miller/K.Miller

McQuaid needs to be dealt for anything or waived, likewise for Morrow.

The above pairings would cause nightmares in the Eastern Conference now and in the future when you insert McAvoy/Zboril/Lauzon

I put Fowler and Trouba as the 1st pairing. IMO Chara would be a beast as a #3 plus it would give Carlo more time to adjust. I think we need a McQuaid type player to keep the cheap shot guys in line. I wish Carlo and/or O'Gara would show more meanness.

If Boston is going to have to pay Pasta for hopefully a big breakout year it behoves them to not be spending a fortune on guys like Trouba and Lindholm and go with the Carlos, OGara's and others who won't be getting jumps for 3-5 years when Chara is gone, Krejci near end of contract and Backes likewise and making half what he is now and tradeable

I think the players will start recognizing that a balanced team is needed to win The Cup and that not everyone can be paid the big money. At least I hope so. lol

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

While this is a great point that I'd agree with, it does ignore that the likes of Trouba and Lindholm are BETTER than Carlo, O'Gara, etc. Much better in fact. And this team is in desperate need of defensive upgrades. So while Pasta may cost us some in the near term and we might like to keep him around, if the defense isn't good enough to go anywhere we're going to have to get creative. Whether that's dealing young D, Pasta himself, veteran forwards, whomever.

The "window" to compete with the in-house defensive talent is out there. 3,4,5+ years? Who knows, but it's not the next couple years. So at some point management is going to have to try to align things to contend.

Last edited:

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Just to throw some "stuff" in the fan, I wonder if the Ducks would trade both Fowler and Vatanen. Haven't thought about what we'd give up for thembut I'd play Vatanen with Chara and Fowler with Carlo.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I'd like to see Sweeney make a play for Fowler. Chara done within the next few years, a left side of Fowler Krug would be solid. Seems as if the blue line prospects most likely to make an impact are right side dmen Carlo & McAvoy. Fowler cap hit isn't so bad right now. And as DKH mentions above, dropping tons of dollars on a Trouba/ Lindholm my not be smart with Pasta & Spooner due for potential raises.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
It never ceases to amaze me these proposals where people are just itching to ship off the likes of Pasta and Krug.

Is this just grass is greener syndrome because it doesn't make sense to me. The only guy I'd be willing to deal is Spooner and that's because he is blocked, not because I don't like him as a player.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Bruins would be taking back 1.3 million on a McLeod without retention, a player who isn't even in Colorado's line-up and signed for this year and next.

Who cares about Barrie and Johnson? Those guys are in their top 4. Have you seen the bottom pairing guys in Colorado? McQuaid could help them. I agree it's a hard contract to move.

But then again, your response to pretty much every proposal, regardless of the size or magnitude, is "why would team XYZ do this".

I recall you arguing with me months ago about the Jets and Trouba until I just gave up. Something along the lines of "Why would Trouba want to leave, Patrik Laine is coming, he's not stupid". Once again, like most things hockey related, you were flat out wrong.

to be fair... very few deals are done each year despite all the discusions... and the reason comes down to why would 1 team do this?

so... responding to 99% of proposals here with that answer makes you bang on. its always safer to shoot down a trade proposal

that said... since its 99% right... why bother? if someone just wants to crap on proposals... why bother? where is the fun in that? if someone never likes any proposals i dont see why they continue to read them... to respond to them?

being a hockey fan is suppose to be fun. i continue to wonder why some fans put themselves through so much misery here

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
It never ceases to amaze me these proposals where people are just itching to ship off the likes of Pasta and Krug.

Is this just grass is greener syndrome because it doesn't make sense to me. The only guy I'd be willing to deal is Spooner and that's because he is blocked, not because I don't like him as a player.

if we look at history we see cases where young talented players like glen wesley and craig janney got let go because the team had to evaluate its needs... its budget management... the players upside... the potential return

these deals dont always work but sometimes they do. barry pederson was a better player than krug and pastrnak put together but it was the right decesion to move him. moving phil kessel led us to acquire tyler seguin and dougie hamilton. dealing a young andrew raycroft got us tuuka rask

trading a young player isnt a sin as long as the return is a good return. and yes, often the grass is greener. ive seen a dozen or more deals during my time as a bruin fan where better kids than krug and pastrnak got dealt and luckily the majority of them worked out.

of course the recent seguin deal gives us pause... and the brad mccrimmond deal still bothers me... the first time we dealt off bill ranford was a draw at best...

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I'm all set on trading for Trouba and even Shattenkirk. I've posted it all over but I'm very excited for the RHD prospects we have playing and coming up with Carlo, McAvoy, and Miller.

If we could trade for a legit #1 type LHD to eventually replace Chara I'd be all over that. Lindholm would fill that expectation. Fowler, not so much. I'm fairly certain that one of O'Gara, Lauzon, Zboril, Lingdren, Grezlyck will hit, but I don't know that any of those guys will ever be true #1 type players.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
to be fair... very few deals are done each year despite all the discusions... and the reason comes down to why would 1 team do this?

so... responding to 99% of proposals here with that answer makes you bang on. its always safer to shoot down a trade proposal

that said... since its 99% right... why bother? if someone just wants to crap on proposals... why bother? where is the fun in that? if someone never likes any proposals i dont see why they continue to read them... to respond to them?

being a hockey fan is suppose to be fun. i continue to wonder why some fans put themselves through so much misery here

Well said AOR.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
While this is a great point that I'd agree with, it does ignore that the likes of Trouba and Lindholm are BETTER than Carlo, O'Gara, etc. Much better in fact. And this team is in desperate need of defensive upgrades. So while Pasta may cost us some in the near term and we might like to keep him around, if the defense isn't good enough to go anywhere we're going to have to get creative. Whether that's dealing young D, Pasta himself, veteran forwards, whomever.

The "window" to compete with the in-house defensive talent is out there. 3,4,5+ years? Who knows, but it's not the next couple years. So at some point management is going to have to try to align things to contend.
with the way Chara is playing and Carlo and OGara developing and another half dozen first and second round picks in the pipeline I'd drop the likelihood of dealing for one of these three below 5%.

Pastrnak traded I'd put at .01 %.

this is there guy

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I talked to a couple Av's friends not to long ago today and they said they'd be all over McQuaid for McLeod. They brought up how horrid their bottom pair is and how they'd love to give Zadorov a little more playing time in the AHL, let him learn.

mark3361

Nov 1, 2008
Jets trading Trouba for Krug would give them a pretty lopsided D. Three 180lb LD paired with giants that could probably eat them if stuck on an island

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Jets trading Trouba for Krug would give them a pretty lopsided D. Three 180lb LD paired with giants that could probably eat them if stuck on an island

It's never going to happen. Why would Boston trade Krug after signing him to a new contract? Especially with all the coaches and team mates calling him a leader on the team.

Just doesn't make sense.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

I don't know Dan, if the Blackhawks did business that way they never would have won all those Cups...

As you know, I've never believed Sweeney's plan was to just draft and wait and hope. I think he wants to win now, I think he wants to draft and develop well and I think he wants to use (cheap) youth to manage the cap. If Chiarelli was in charge, I'd be more worried about adding a quality player with a contract, but I think they have a cheap pipeline in place now that they can exchange some older players with cheaper ones, like the Hawks have done.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I don't know Dan, if the Blackhawks did business that way they never would have won all those Cups...

As you know, I've never believed Sweeney's plan was to just draft and wait and hope. I think he wants to win now, I think he wants to draft and develop well and I think he wants to use (cheap) youth to manage the cap. If Chiarelli was in charge, I'd be more worried about adding a quality player with a contract, but I think they have a cheap pipeline in place now that they can exchange some older players with cheaper ones, like the Hawks have done.

Bill, would you mind expanding your thoughts when you have time? Are you hinting at Hayes/Belesky/McQuaid or someone bigger from a cap perspective? (I.e. Krejci)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad