Proposal: Fowler, Trouba, or other

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
How do they fit $7 M in?

Where do you get that 7M?

Bob and other articles have mentioned 6-6.5M for 8years, which for Lindholm is very fair.

So replacing Liles, Ehrhoff, McQuaid with O'Gara, McAvoy, and Carlo makes them a lottery team? I'll respectfully disagree.

You have 40y Chara on the top pairing, paired with a 19y rookie.
I doubt it would be pretty.

McAvoy hasn't even dominated juniors yet, what would that do for his development?
I like him a lot, but not enough to think that his a top pairing defenseman right away, we don't even know if he ever will be.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Where do you get that 7M?

Bob and other articles have mentioned 6-6.5M for 8years, which for Lindholm is very fair.

You have 40y Chara on the top pairing, paired with a 19y rookie.
I doubt it would be pretty.

Billy Jaffee on the 98.5 Hockey Show. He does an around the league segment. He said his sources in Anaheim said 7 M (he did not say Ducks) but said his teammates were not happy. He also indicated GM Bob Murray would likely move fast. He mentioned the 'bridge deal' seems to be getting smaller and players want to skip the bridge :laugh:

So if a RFA like Pastrnak goes off and score 35 goals he could ask for $7 M. Gaudreau is an RFA and wants $8 M but the thought is he will settle for $7-7.2

Bottom line is only so many teams and there's a cap every good player can't be making 7-8 M

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
One of McQuaid/Kevan would have to go in expansion and Pasta would have to take a Victor Rask deal. The more ballsy move is to expose Rask and give Subban/Dobby the job.

Edit: looking ahead to next season

If I'm pasta and I get 35 I want 3/18-20

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Billy Jaffee on the 98.5 Hockey Show. He does an around the league segment. He said his sources in Anaheim said 7 M (he did not say Ducks) but said his teammates were not happy. He also indicated GM Bob Murray would likely move fast. He mentioned the 'bridge deal' seems to be getting smaller and players want to skip the bridge :laugh:

So if a RFA like Pastrnak goes off and score 35 goals he could ask for $7 M. Gaudreau is an RFA and wants $8 M but the thought is he will settle for $7-7.2

Bottom line is only so many teams and there's a cap every good player can't be making 7-8 M

Is he more trusted than Bob McKenzie?
Just a week ago he tweeted about that 6-6.5x8y ask.

Murray has done a brutal job this offseason for Anaheim.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Is he more trusted than Bob McKenzie?
Just a week ago he tweeted about that 6-6.5x8y ask.

Murray has done a brutal job this offseason for Anaheim.
Equally
He said 7 M he's well known in the industry he said he has people in Anaheim he said the players weren't happy about it - he mentioned his agent Claude Lemieux liked to stir up trouble on the ice know he's doing it off - sId when Ekblad skipped the bridge year others and especially their agents are now going to. Good players coming out of first contract who are playing at a high level are wanting to jump over $3.5 mark

I hope Reinhart is good in Buffalo to watch them have to pay $16 M or more combined for him and Eichel lol

Buffalo will soon have 3 centers making combined over $22 M

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Equally
He said 7 M he's well known in the industry he said he has people in Anaheim he said the players weren't happy about it - he mentioned his agent Claude Lemieux liked to stir up trouble on the ice know he's doing it off - sId when Ekblad skipped the bridge year others and especially their agents are now going to. Good players coming out of first contract who are playing at a high level are wanting to jump over $3.5 mark

I hope Reinhart is good in Buffalo to watch them have to pay $16 M or more combined for him and Eichel lol

Buffalo will soon have 3 centers making combined over $22 M

Is it possible Lindholm now gets dealt?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If the Bruins ever dealt Carlo & Heinen for Fowler I'm joining all you haters. Do you guys have a secret handshake or is it just the middle finger?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
If the Bruins ever dealt Carlo & Heinen for Fowler I'm joining all you haters. Do you guys have a secret handshake or is it just the middle finger?

Dan, serious question, would you do Carlo & Heinen for Lindholm?

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA

I know this was directed to Dan but who wouldn't do that trade. Lindholm is a proven top pairing damn. Carlos looks like he will be solid but is unproven at this point and Heinen might not even crack the lineup.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

the fact that I'm twisting in my seat :laugh:

he's a left shot but he would need to take a bridge deal similar to Kucherov.

I like Fowler but Lindholm to me is top pairing stud

yes I would do even if I was not allowed substitutions because you know I want to;)

my projections

Carlo- top four shut down player on a Cup worthy team plays 10+ years

Heinen- Bruins type top 6 25/60 points when he gets his 100 -150 games in

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Isn't the deadline for cap compliance 5:00 PM today? That means shortly, Murray will have to sign Rakell and Lindholm AND trade Fowler (or someone else with a similar hit).

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Isn't the deadline for cap compliance 5:00 PM today? That means shortly, Murray will have to sign Rakell and Lindholm AND trade Fowler (or someone else with a similar hit).

The RFAs have until December 1st.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
im going to help sweeny make the 2 moves left that set us up for this year and the future

get trouba first

if it takes krug and a pick, thats ok

give trouba first pairing money if thats what it takes... 6.5 times 7 years. its a 1.25 increase to the caphit above and beyond krug but trouba will be a 23-24 min stud for us.

losing krug creates a pp hole for us so the second trade is for dennis wideman. calgary has just 3 dmen signed beyond this season. i suggest adam mcquiad would be a top 4 dman for their weak backend. calgary is also crushed right to the cap and could use the relief

wideman is only signed this year... we can get rid of him next year when we need to resign pastrnak and spooner

after my 2 moves i think our defense looks better

trouba/chara
k miller/liles
wideman/OGara
c miller/morrow
carlo

next year carlo is a regular replacing wideman and our right side is set. hopefully one of the kids steps up and replaces liles. 2 years down the road charas contract is off the books and a second kid inherits a roster spot

trouba helps make this team better than krug would imho

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I'm just a huge fan of Krug. He plays a lot bigger than his 5'8" frame, has heart, plays a smart game, is young, he's offensively gifted. When Chara retires, Bergeron gets the 'C', I see Krug getting an 'A'. Kid oozes leadership. Trouba is the flavor of the month here. He's a RH shot, young with lots of potential, but he's extremely unproven. He couldn't beat out Myers &/or Byfuglien. And is rumored to be commanding big dollars with term. Worth the risk at a decent cap hit, & not for Krug imo.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Oh God, Dennis Wideman is going to have to be dead and burried before we can finally stop hearing about him potentially coming back. Sorry, I have no interest at all

I also don't move Krug for Trouba. Krug is just such a heart and soul player in this organization. I can't imagine losing him. He does so much for the team offensively, and I think he is going to have a HUGE year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad