Proposal: Fowler, Trouba, or other

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
And how would you adjust the proposal. You add nothing for the conversation by your comment.

There are numerous factors pointing to Krug not even being used in negotiations so the entire deal from that gets blown up. Spooner + Colin aren't going to be enough, so I don't think Trouba to Boston is a very likely scenario nor one they should sell the entire farm for.

As for your other trade, Vatrano is out for 3 months with a foot injury, he won't be getting traded in a deal, nor do I think Boston will look to move him. Something around Spooner for Fowler seems most likely if anything happens, but with the praise coming out about the young D, I doubt Boston is looking at a major move regardless.

Here's something I think happens going into next year

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
O'Gara-Kevan/Colin
Kevan/Colin

Morrow will be in a new organization with Liles and Ehrhoff if he's signed both out after 1 year deals.

neelyforpresident

Dec 25, 2007
Washington
There are numerous factors pointing to Krug not even being used in negotiations so the entire deal from that gets blown up. Spooner + Colin aren't going to be enough, so I don't think Trouba to Boston is a very likely scenario nor one they should sell the entire farm for.

As for your other trade, Vatrano is out for 3 months with a foot injury, he won't be getting traded in a deal, nor do I think Boston will look to move him. Something around Spooner for Fowler seems most likely if anything happens, but with the praise coming out about the young D, I doubt Boston is looking at a major move regardless.

Here's something I think happens going into next year

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
O'Gara-Kevan/Colin
Kevan/Colin

Morrow will be in a new organization with Liles and Ehrhoff if he's signed both out after 1 year deals.

Bruins will be a lottery team if that is the D next season.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bruins will be a lottery team if that is the D next season.

I think it depends on how much NHL experience Carlo, O'Gara, and McAvoy if he leaves BU after his season is over, get between now and next October.

If O'Gara and Carlo spend the vast majority of the year in Providence, and McAvoy only gets a cup of coffee with Boston at the end of the year (i.e. no playoffs), it's a pretty inexperienced group to break in all at once.

But if their rise to everyday NHL players is staggered somewhat over the next 365 days, it could be very good pretty quickly.

neelyforpresident

Dec 25, 2007
Washington
So replacing Liles, Ehrhoff, McQuaid with O'Gara, McAvoy, and Carlo makes them a lottery team? I'll respectfully disagree.

I figured you would. Prospects tend to be insanely overrated here. O'Gara, McAvoy and Carlo have a combined zero NHL games. Zero. And none of those guys have the last name Ekblad so I wouldn't be quick to start penciling Carlo and McAvoy as two of your top 4. I haven't mentioned that Chara will be a year older. You'd be lucky if one of Carlo, McAvoy or O'Gara becomes an NHL regular in the next 3 years. So yea, lottery team with that D for sure.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
And how would you adjust the proposal. You add nothing for the conversation by your comment.
Krug for Trouba straight up.

No need to add. Even WPG fans in the trade board were okay with it.

Note: I only do this if Spooner+ or some similar package goes out for Fowler as well

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I figured you would. Prospects tend to be insanely overrated here. O'Gara, McAvoy and Carlo have a combined zero NHL games. Zero. And none of those guys have the last name Ekblad so I wouldn't be quick to start penciling Carlo and McAvoy as two of your top 4. I haven't mentioned that Chara will be a year older. You'd be lucky if one of Carlo, McAvoy or O'Gara becomes an NHL regular in the next 3 years. So yea, lottery team with that D for sure.

With how Carlo has played in the preseason and Claude's own words abouth him I don't think I'll have to be lucky for him to be a regular in 1 full year, let alone 3.

neelyforpresident

Dec 25, 2007
Washington
With how Carlo has played in the preseason and Claude's own words abouth him I don't think I'll have to be lucky for him to be a regular in 1 full year, let alone 3.

So you're ready to pencil him in a top 4 role because he's had a good preseason and Claude said nice things? Ok. How often in julien's tenure in Boston has he given that kind of responsibility to a kid over a veteran player? I think a good portion of the ******* and moaning over julien is for that reason.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
So you're ready to pencil him in a top 4 role because he's had a good preseason and Claude said nice things? Ok. How often in julien's tenure in Boston has he given that kind of responsibility to a kid over a veteran player? I think a good portion of the ******* and moaning over julien is for that reason.

Julien will give time to people who show he can play, I don't subscribe to the Claude hates kids mantra.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Fowler is very much like Boumeester. Can skate and do a lot well but nothing great. I'd love to have him but I think most would want/expect to much and it would be a bad fit. He isn't a saviour by any means but Could/can eat a ton of valueable minutes.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
To Boston: Fowler
To Anaheim: Vatrano, K. Miller, Bostons 1st 2017

To Boston: Trouba
To Winnipeg: Spooner, Krug, C. Miller

Our D lines:
Fowler - Trouba
Chara - Carlo
Morrow - McQuaid
7th Liles, O'Gara

As Krug and Fowler are similar in value, this trade basically works out to

Spooner, C Miller, K Miller, Vatrano, #1 in 2017 for Trouba.

That is terrible value for Boston

In terms of the individual deals. I think the Trouba deal is an overpayment, but I value Krug and you simply don't. As I believe C Miller has little value you can make the argument that trade is at least somewhat ballpark, although I do not make it.

The Fowler trade is a ridiculous overpayment. Vatrano who is one of Boston's top 3-4 young assets, plus a #1 in 2017, just crazy overprice for a guy Anaheim must deal

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
To Boston: Fowler
To Anaheim: Vatrano, K. Miller, Bostons 1st 2017

To Boston: Trouba
To Winnipeg: Spooner, Krug, C. Miller

Our D lines:
Fowler - Trouba
Chara - Carlo
Morrow - McQuaid
7th Liles, O'Gara

I cannot support any trade proposal that still has Adam McQuaid on this team, let alone a Top 6 D.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I cannot support any trade proposal that still has Adam McQuaid on this team, let alone a Top 6 D.
What if the trading teams have no interest in McQuaid? After all, he is carrying a 2.7m pact for a couple more years and has had some injury issues (concussion, etc.). Do you not make a trade?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What if the trading teams have no interest in McQuaid? After all, he is carrying a 2.7m pact for a couple more years and has had some injury issues (concussion, etc.). Do you not make a trade?

No you put McQuaid on waivers and if he clears, send him to Providence.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lindhlom wants 7 M??? Unbelievable

Teammates not happy per Jaffee sources

Claude Lemieux his agent lol

Dick on the ice dick off it

Gaudreau wants close to 8 M?

Crazy stuff

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Lindhlom wants 7 M??? Unbelievable

Teammates not happy per Jaffee sources

Claude Lemieux his agent lol

Dick on the ice dick off it

Gaudreau wants close to 8 M?

Crazy stuff

Lindholm is worth 7 in my opinion

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lindholm is worth 7 in my opinion

Apparently not a lot of folks think so and believe jumping from $950 to 7 M

This was hockey industry and Ducks teammates

There is a Cap so when you have 6-7 guys wanting $7 M you have 1/3rd AHL guys in the end

This is what took down the late 90's Dallas Cowboys and when the $7 M guys got hurt or play slipped they were screwed

Just my .02 cents I'm sure Bruins fans will want to trade Krejci to a team that doesn't need him or factor in his nmc but that's what message boards are all about

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
How do they fit $7 M in?

If they even just waived McQuaid if they couldn't find a taker, it CAN be done, but they'd be closer to the cap than I think they would like. 37k isn't much breathing room for call-ups, etc. And your stuck with Randell and Schaller as your 12/13th forwards at 600k each.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/edit/201150

Other options include also waiving Hayes to get to get a bit more breathing room under the cap.

Ideally though bringing in Lindholm results in a trade of McQuaid for whatever. Or Jimmy Hayes, or even better...both.

Do that and they would have zero problems fitting in Lindholm at 7 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad