Speculation: Fowler for Nichushkin

mytduxfan*

and now that terrible for Dallas. OP was bad one way, you made it bad the other way

Nuke has literally no value right now. You'd basically be getting Despres for free and Nuke likely leaves for Russia as soon as he's told the news he's moving.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Great job missing the point! :handclap:

Her point was that Nichushkin's second season was a complete writeoff due to injury, which obviously did him no good when he made his comeback for a third season.

I doubt there are many examples of players missing an entire season due to injury, and then coming back to register even better numbers than they did prior to the injury. :dunno:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Her point was that Nichushkin's second season was a complete writeoff due to injury, which obviously did him no good when he made his comeback for a third season.

I doubt there are many examples of players missing an entire season due to injury, and then coming back to register even better numbers than they did prior to the injury. :dunno:

Exactly. There's a lot of perfectly fair critiques of Val and I'll be right there agreeing with those but ignoring that he missed 74 of 82 games in his so-called "2nd" season is silly. He has been in the league for 3 years and played 2 seasons. Missing a year affected his development. It's his job to work past that delay going forward but he can't be compared equally to someone that played 3 seasons.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Nuke has literally no value right now. You'd basically be getting Despres for free and Nuke likely leaves for Russia as soon as he's told the news he's moving.

How does a young recent 1st round pick with two 30 point seasons, who is 21 have no value? I assume you also think Nick Ritchie has zero value then?

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Outsider.
So how about Dallas offers a deal with two conditional picks, can be as high as a 2nd and a 3rd, but the 2nd would be based on a contract to Nuke, no contract 2nd, contract it drops to a 3rd. Now the second 3rd would move to the following season. (Could throw in an extra condition say if Dallas were to come into a second 3rd before the draft, they could use that as compensation.)

So basically the deal would break down as Nuke 3rd for Despres. I think Nuke signs a 1 year 1.25 contract with the Ducks as a prove it, maybe sees a chance to play beside Getz or Kesler as a way to improve his chances of cashing in after.
Ducks cut cap, salary and get a high potential player with good offensive instincts to throw on those top two lines.
Dallas gets a proven 4/5 with a slightly higher contract but also young enough to improve and round out as a steady 3/4 maybe replace Oduya after.

Ducksgo*

How does a young recent 1st round pick with two 30 point seasons, who is 21 have no value? I assume you also think Nick Ritchie has zero value then?

Nick Ritchie wont bolt to Russia that's the problem comparing the two prospects you just mentioned.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Now that Dallas has acquired a replacement in Hudler, I could really see this happening.

Really works for both teams, Nuke gets a new home where can hopefully thrive.

Anaheim finally clears up that cap and Dallas fills a much needed hole in their line up.

I feel like Dallas would have to add slightly, what do you guys think of this as a base?

So a winger who hasn't been producing that greatly on a strong offensive team and had missed a lot of games 1 season because of injury for Fowler hmm... NO WAY IN HELL!

If Anaheim can get Nichushkin to agree to an extension, and if Dallas adds Honka, does this work?

Nope

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Recent 1st round pick with two 30 point seasons who is 22 years old = bust with no value? (Yak)
Recent 1st round pick with two 30 points seasons who is 21 years old and is a KHL flight risk = some value? (Nuke)

HF logic.

The fact of the matter is that Nichushkin's value has deteriorated. I can't imagine that a team parts with anything more than a 2nd rounder, reclamation prospect or salary dump for him.

mytduxfan*

Nick Ritchie isn't a flight risk.

Having 2 straight season of 30 points at a 20 year old isn't a good thing. That only tells me that Nuke isn't improving. The kids was benched a few times this passed season for not performing well. In addition, Nuke has been very vocal about his lack of playing time. There is no doubt in my mind that the DAL staff are concerned about Nuke leaving for Russia. Big difference. It's situations like these why BM never drafts Russian players.

Recent 1st round pick with two 30 point seasons who is 22 years old = bust with no value? (Yak)
Recent 1st round pick with two 30 points seasons who is 21 years old and is a KHL flight risk = some value? (Nuke)

HF logic.

The fact of the matter is that Nichushkin's value has deteriorated. I can't imagine that a team parts with anything more than a 2nd rounder, reclamation prospect or salary dump for him.

LMFAO at this. "Recent 1st round pick" - :biglaugh: You mean, "former 1st OA" Yak. Big gap between 1st OA and 10th OA. :facepalm:

Nice try though. Yak was a bust. Nuke isn't a bust, he's struggled in his 2nd season. However, he is a flight risk.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Nick Ritchie isn't a flight risk.

Having 2 straight season of 30 points at a 20 year old isn't a good thing. That only tells me that Nuke isn't improving. The kids was benched a few times this passed season for not performing well. In addition, Nuke has been very vocal about his lack of playing time. There is no doubt in my mind that the DAL staff are concerned about Nuke leaving for Russia. Big difference. It's situations like these why BM never drafts Russian players.

LMFAO at this. "Recent 1st round pick" - :biglaugh: You mean, "former 1st OA" Yak. Big gap between 1st OA and 10th OA. :facepalm:

Nice try though. Yak was a bust. Nuke isn't a bust, he's struggled in his 2nd season. However, he is a flight risk.

Having a 34 point seasons as an 18 year old is solid and a slight regression after missing a year is far from the end of the world. Also the kid complained once and how he is worth nothing because if he going to flee to russia...

The Alien

From another world.
Apr 1, 2015
BC
Put me down in the 'Dallas adds' column. Nothing huge, maybe a 2nd, or a prospect with that kind of value.

mytduxfan*

Having a 34 point seasons as an 18 year old is solid and a slight regression after missing a year is far from the end of the world. Also the kid complained once and how he is worth nothing because if he going to flee to russia...

It's not the end of the world, but it doesn't look good. He's not a bust, but he's also not some standout prospect "who's only improving".

Even if he's only complained once (maybe to the media, but probably more behind closed doors), it's still a concern. This is the problem with Russian players. You have to keep them happy or they might bail. Leaves you constantly walking on eggshells.

Anyway, we're going round in circles here. IMO, Nuke is closer to Despres in terms of value then Fowler. Regardless, DAL doesn't need another Despres, they need a Fowler, but don't have the assets to acquire him.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

He complained to the media twice. What we don't know is how much he complained to the coaches and management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad