Speculation: Fowler for Nichushkin

Akhurite

Feb 3, 2014
Toronto,ON
Now that Dallas has acquired a replacement in Hudler, I could really see this happening.

Really works for both teams, Nuke gets a new home where can hopefully thrive.

Anaheim finally clears up that cap and Dallas fills a much needed hole in their line up.

I feel like Dallas would have to add slightly, what do you guys think of this as a base?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Doesn't really work for the Ducks. Nuke is a RW first of all, we need LWs. He's another unsigned RFA that we would need to re-sign. He's also Russian and Murray hates Russians.This deal helps Dallas way more than it helps the Ducks.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I don't think it would work simply because the cost for Fowler is higher than Dallas' need for him. Nothing against Fowler who would be a great add for many teams but he's more of what Dallas already has instead of filling a true need on D

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Doesn't really work for the Ducks. Nuke is a RW first of all, we need LWs. He's another unsigned RFA that we would need to re-sign. He's also Russian and Murray hates Russians.This deal helps Dallas way more than it helps the Ducks.

We need both, but I'm really not a fan of dealing Fowler for a package centered around Nuke.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Nichushkin doesn't have anywhere close to that amount of value, one of the most overrated prospects of the last several years which is saying a lot. Does he have much more value than Yak at this point? Maybe Despres for Nichushkin.

UnicornONtheCOBB

Jun 29, 2016
seems like a solid deal for both teams. Fowler is 2 years away from being a UFA, and that does help even up the value. Dallas probably needs to add a pick or prospect, but I still think the deal could work out for both teams.

mytduxfan*

seems like a solid deal for both teams. Fowler is 2 years away from being a UFA, and that does help even up the value. Dallas probably needs to add a pick or prospect, but I still think the deal could work out for both teams.

Nope. Nuke is likely heading to Russia soon. Regardless, Fowler is a top pairing D-man. Nuke doesn't have that kind of value no matter how you spin it. The whole "Fowler is a UFA is 2 years, so that devalues him" logic is totally backward. If you don't think you can re-sign Fowler in 2 years, then don't trade for him. Simple as, mate.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I don't see how Nickushkin remotely commands a youngish top four defensman. Fowler has two years to UFA which might lower his value slightly, as compared to if he were signed for 4-5 years at his current cap hit, but to the point of a struggling young player who has dissapointed thus far? 100% of the risk would be on Anaheim's end here. It would be a terrible swap for them.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Career up to age 20:
Yakupov:
192 games played
88 points (0.458 ppg)

Nichushkin:
166 games played
64 points (0.386 ppg)

3rd NHL season (20yrs old)
Yakupov:
81 games
33 points (0.407 ppg)

Nuke:
79 games
29 points (0.367 ppg)

HF logic:
Yakupov is worth 70th overall
Nuke is worth Fowler

Last edited:

member 157595

I don't see how Nickushkin remotely commands a youngish top four defensman. Fowler has two years to UFA which might lower his value slightly, as compared to if he were signed for 4-5 years at his current cap hit, but to the point of a struggling young player who has dissapointed thus far? 100% of the risk would be on Anaheim's end here. It would be a terrible swap for them.

Same here. I have nothing against Nich or the Stars, but he's never done anything at all to imply he's valuable enough to be the centerpiece in a trade for Fowler.

I've just never seen the hype with this guy. There's no results to really support it.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Career up to age 20:
Yakupov:
192 games played
88 points (0.458 ppg)

Nichushkin:
166 games played
64 points (0.386 ppg)

Yakupov:
81 games
33 points (0.407 ppg)

Nuke:
79 games
29 points (0.367 ppg)

HF logic:
Nuke is worth Fowler

HF Logic: One person equals everybody

buttman*

Now that Dallas has acquired a replacement in Hudler, I could really see this happening.

Really works for both teams, Nuke gets a new home where can hopefully thrive.

Anaheim finally clears up that cap and Dallas fills a much needed hole in their line up.

I feel like Dallas would have to add slightly, what do you guys think of this as a base?

Nuke was drafted high but his value has dropped.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'd rather Despres than Fowler, nothing against Fowler, but Despres fills more of a need and wouldn't cost as much, still more then Nichushkin

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Yakupov:
81 games
33 points (0.407 ppg)

Nuke:
79 games
29 points (0.367 ppg)

HF logic:
Nuke is worth Fowler

I think the noteworthy HF logic at play here is that 8 games = an NHL season to you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad