U20: Four Nations Tournament in Ängelholm, Sweden(12-14 november)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Great game by Sweden. Andrae & Edvinsson are giants. Sweden's D and goalies will be fantastic for the WJCs.

Agreed. Men vs. boys out there. Andrae's way of handling the puck is certainly something else. Edvinsson is just so impressive overall.

Lekkerimäki's shooting ability could result in a U20 WJC roster spot and place on the first or second pp unit.
Czech team was quite mediocre, however. They did not make it very difficult for the Swedish forwards, entering the zone, cycling the puck etc.

Will be interesting to see how it goes vs. Russia and Finland

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I would not put too much faith in this game. Czech is the weakest team in this tournament. Lets see what our boys can do against Russia and Finland.

master4071

Nov 30, 2011
Liked today's effort by finnish boys. Top line looks good, but still think that Hirvonen and Raty should center separate lines when more skilled wingers will be available - Simontaival, Kemell, Jrventie...

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Not suprising. We are missing Eklund, Raymond, Holtz, Niederbach, Lysell, Olausson, Stejernborg. Thats our entire top 6.

Reactions: AB13

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
SWE - RUS 2:5. Russia, without 13 main players, is confidently beating Finland, Czechia and Sweden.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMann

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
SWE - RUS 2:5. Russia, without 13 major players, is confidently beating Finland, Czechia and Sweden.

If they can all develop and keep developing what a group the seniors will be a few years down the line. This is the sort of depth production missing from Russia for years.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
I think Russia will eventually surpass Canada. It might take many years but it probably will happen, or atleast they'll be on par.

Imagine growing up in Chelyabinsk or Novosibirsk, hockey is your way out. And now when clearly the level of Russian coaching has gone up and resources aswell, it'll get interesting.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I think Russia will eventually surpass Canada. It might take many years but it probably will happen, or atleast they'll be on par.

Imagine growing up in Chelyabinsk or Novosibirsk, hockey is your way out. And now when clearly the level of Russian coaching has gone up and resources aswell, it'll get interesting.

Not in the forseable future. Russia is behind Sweden and Finland at the moment

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Russia wasn't just missing players. From this roster only 2-3 will make the WJC roster. And it did not have any good goaltending unlike Sweden for example.
I remember how Sweden used to send rosters like that several years

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
If they can all develop and keep developing what a group the seniors will be a few years down the line. This is the sort of depth production missing from Russia for years.
Depth as "several decent Khlers"?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Not in the forseable future. Russia is behind Sweden and Finland at the moment

This generation of Russian kids have been destroying Swedes and Finns since the Youth Olympics. Every U16-U17-U18 tournament since that was a humilation for their European counterparts.

It doesn't mean it's inevitably going to be this way at the coming WJC, but right now it looks like a pretty possible result.

Last edited:

Tenkkapoo

Jul 28, 2020
I'm not going to hold my expectations too high for Russia - yet. Russia needs to maintain this level of development for several years before I believe that a Russian hockey development has reached another level.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Last four drafts there have been more Russians elected than Finns so yeah, Russia is doing ok. During that time Finland has 12 first rounders against Russia's 11.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad