Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
Started playing again to try the 20 x 5 mode, which is better than 50 v 50. But haven't played in a couple months before this, what's the meta behind dropping at tilted towers? More loot? Seems like every game my team drops there we end up getting wiped out or barely surviving

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Started playing again to try the 20 x 5 mode, which is better than 50 v 50. But haven't played in a couple months before this, what's the meta behind dropping at tilted towers? More loot? Seems like every game my team drops there we end up getting wiped out or barely surviving

The new mode you want to have the full team drop in the same populated area, because without dropping in one of the big areas there is not enough loot to to around. Both wins i had last night my team landed at Pleasant and Retail and tore the place down. I think these large game modes need the ammo and gun drops increased, few times i finished with little to no ammo.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
One of the reasons I'm so bad at this game is I never build anything. I play it completely like a 3rd person shooter. Watching people who are really good, it's obvious how essential the crafting/building aspect is.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
One of the reasons I'm so bad at this game is I never build anything. I play it completely like a 3rd person shooter. Watching people who are really good, it's obvious how essential the crafting/building aspect is.
Just start building anytime you get shot, you'll be 20x better. Quick 360 wall and a stair case takes about 2 seconds to do and mitigates all the dmg and most of the time you just end up safe because people move away.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Also make sure your wall is default when you're running around as a ramp may not cover you. Practice building quick in a game by yourself by landing in a secluded area until you got it down. Also if you're stalking someone make sure you can get enough shots in before they start building.... shooting from distance just gives you away.

Reactions: Mrb1p

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Apparently Drake is playing with Ninja right now and other rappers are watching along.

Should make for fun highlights.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Apparently Drake is playing with Ninja right now and other rappers are watching along.

Should make for fun highlights.
Have to be honest the twitch celebrity thing is something I'll never get. I guess it's good that it drives playerbase but I just scratch my head at how twitch streamers are now just referred to in regular conversation like everyone knows who they are.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Man, that was good shit. Drake is the GOAT. Juju is awesome. Travis Scott was pretty quiet the whole time but when he talked had me dying.

Logic wanted in on it too - he would’ve been beyond hilarious.

That was legendary. The internet blew up on this.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Have to be honest the twitch celebrity thing is something I'll never get. I guess it's good that it drives playerbase but I just scratch my head at how twitch streamers are now just referred to in regular conversation like everyone knows who they are.

There’s a reason this only happened with Ninja - because he has a huge following. I doubt this happens with any other streamer right now and they aren’t just thrown in regular conversation - at least not many.

This happened because Drake was a fan of Ninja’s gameplay/videos etc. Then Juju and Travis ascot hopped on too.

There are so many people that don’t even know what Twitch is - easily more than people who know what it is.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
There’s a reason this only happened with Ninja - because he has a huge following. I doubt this happens with any other streamer right now and they aren’t just thrown in regular conversation - at least not many.

This happened because Drake was a fan of Ninja’s gameplay/videos etc. Then Juju and Travis ascot hopped on too.

There are so many people that don’t even know what Twitch is - easily more than people who know what it is.
I did actually research him because there is an article on Kotaku about him but there seems to be some controversy about his explosion in subs, talk of paying for bot subs

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Wellll...Ninja is arguably the best Fortnite player in the world. Or at least the best streamer.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I did actually research him because there is an article on Kotaku about him but there seems to be some controversy about his explosion in subs, talk of paying for bot subs

Lol of course there is, why am I not surprised someone is speculating that.

Watch his streams - it only takes 5 mins of watching as to why he has a huge following. He’s the best at any game he plays, legit. One of the best gamers in the industry right now.

Bots, lol

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Wellll...Ninja is arguably the best Fortnite player in the world. Or at least the best streamer.
A lot of his subs right now are from a twitch prime or amazon prime thug that is going on too, where if you sub you get a skin in Fortnite or something to that extent. Most streamers expect to see a dip in their actual totals eventually.

Ninja had a f***load of subs before Fortnite was even a thought though, from what I recall. “Bots” is pretty hilarious to me, and kind of screams “hey I suck at research” (that article)

He didn’t just come out of nowhere. Like I said, watch him for 5 mins and you’ll see why people love him - he’s amazing.

And no I’m not subbed to him. I ain’t paying what is probably a millionaire or close to it, my money for a sub lol

Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
Hey maybe Drake was a fan, but I assumed it was more of a promotional thing to boost the profile of the game before the mobile launch. Hilarious stream though, Travis Scott telling that guy to suck his dick while shooting him was hilarious. As well as him saying it was God's plan after reviving Drake.

Either way, crazy that this game continues to grow into mainstream culture, a lot of rugby players having been doing the healing animation as a celebration when they score recently.

Does anyone actually play the proper game you had to pay for

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
A lot of his subs right now are from a twitch prime or amazon prime thug that is going on too, where if you sub you get a skin in Fortnite or something to that extent. Most streamers expect to see a dip in their actual totals eventually.

Ninja had a ****load of subs before Fortnite was even a thought though, from what I recall. “Bots” is pretty hilarious to me, and kind of screams “hey I suck at research” (that article)

He didn’t just come out of nowhere. Like I said, watch him for 5 mins and you’ll see why people love him - he’s amazing.

And no I’m not subbed to him. I ain’t paying what is probably a millionaire or close to it, my money for a sub lol

Fortnite players are seeing an increase in subs because of the Twitch Prime skins for sure. Everyone gets a free month trial, so all someone needs to do is activate the trial, and link their Epic account to the Twitch account. From there they sub if they want. Since I have Amazon Prime I've been passing my free sub per month from streamer to streamer. Sure most of these players will see a dip but I think Ninja will hold pretty steady, thought this even before last night. One of the reasons he is so popular is because he streams most of the day, typically 12+ hours so he gets a following from people all across the globe. As well as the obvious reason is his game play is entertaining and hilarious. Fortnite has also taken on some different form I haven't seen before, countless memes are popping up each second. Some people don't like Ninja's personality but a month or so ago he did a charity stream for suicide awareness and helped raise over $100k USD for a suicide prevention/awareness charity.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So I was REALLY enjoying 20v20v20v20 mode. My favorite limited time mode so far. Sucks it's gone already.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The Ninja/Drake/JuJu/Travis Scott twitch stream was the best thing to happen to Fortnite. Epic Games was probably seeing dollar signs as they watched the stream. That should make the game even more mainstream.

It was funny to see the tweets from Logic and Lil Yachty trying to get in on it. They should make a game mode where there are squads of 6 or 8 just for the celebrity experience

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lol of course there is, why am I not surprised someone is speculating that.

Watch his streams - it only takes 5 mins of watching as to why he has a huge following. He’s the best at any game he plays, legit. One of the best gamers in the industry right now.

Bots, lol

Not really. Myth and Dakotaz are better than him if you ask me.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Fortnite players are seeing an increase in subs because of the Twitch Prime skins for sure. Everyone gets a free month trial, so all someone needs to do is activate the trial, and link their Epic account to the Twitch account. From there they sub if they want. Since I have Amazon Prime I've been passing my free sub per month from streamer to streamer. Sure most of these players will see a dip but I think Ninja will hold pretty steady, thought this even before last night. One of the reasons he is so popular is because he streams most of the day, typically 12+ hours so he gets a following from people all across the globe. As well as the obvious reason is his game play is entertaining and hilarious. Fortnite has also taken on some different form I haven't seen before, countless memes are popping up each second. Some people don't like Ninja's personality but a month or so ago he did a charity stream for suicide awareness and helped raise over $100k USD for a suicide prevention/awareness charity.

Agreed on everything. Like I said, Ninja already had a huge amount of subs, so as you mentioned with the free sub option, he saw a massive increase. He will hold strong though.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not really. Myth and Dakotaz are better than him if you ask me.

You’re probably right. I don’t really know of anyone else too well to be honest so not really going to argue too much on it, but Ninja is definitely one of the best.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You’re probably right. I don’t really know of anyone else too well to be honest so not really going to argue too much on it, but Ninja is definitely one of the best.
Im not sure, he just seems overly popular for some reason and hes obviously good, but yeah, i dont know.

Its more along the line of being entertaining and being good enough for him. Kinda like trick2g at his peak or even imaqtpie (even though imaqtpie is really good at what he does.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad