Injury Report: Forsling out 14 weeks after wrist surgery

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
He fell at a concert. :)
Savage as f***.

Fortnite.
Pffttt, all you can get injury wise from playing Fortnite is some carpal tunnel. Maybe a headache from a controller thrown at your head if you are anywhere near me after I place 2nd (like what happened literally 15mins ago).

LHD vs RHD
Murphy can play both sides, and was maybe a touch better on his offside last year. So I'd imagine, provided Joker can impress enough in preseason/camp, that he'd be with Seabrook and Rutta on the right side, with Keith, Murphy, and one of Gustafsson/Manning on the left.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Murphy can play both sides, and was maybe a touch better on his offside last year. So I'd imagine, provided Joker can impress enough in preseason/camp, that he'd be with Seabrook and Rutta on the right side, with Keith, Murphy, and one of Gustafsson/Manning on the left.

Not everyone can play both sides.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
with the prospects in the pipeline besides Forsling he is not doing himself any favours by getting injured in the off season. Perhaps we should sell him back to Vancouver, maybe something around sending Seabrook and Forsling + for Tanev?

wishful thinking I know....

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Murphy looked OK on the left last season, but the defense was awful as a whole. I would not use last season as a reference point for the capability of anyone on the defense. Lol

Playing your off side on defense is extremely difficult. Very, very few guys in the NHL do it, because of this.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
The Athletic/Powers is saying he got his wrist injured this past season and not recently, like I had thought.

Frustrating to know that he's gone months without fixing it, but I can only imagine his doctors thought it had a chance of healing on it's own and that's why they waited a bit to do surgery.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The Athletic/Powers is saying he got his wrist injured this past season and not recently, like I had thought.

Frustrating to know that he's gone months without fixing it, but I can only imagine his doctors thought it had a chance of healing on it's own and that's why they waited a bit to do surgery.

This. It was probably one of those things where they said "Hey, let's see how it heals on its own. If it doesn't heal right, then we'll do surgery at some point."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad