Player Discussion Former Habs & Picks watch: Gone but not forgotten (No Current NHLers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

In a scratch-your-head moment, Réjean Tremblay wrote an article the other day about a time Guy Lafleur was in commercial to help raise awareness and donations for CHUM. And the Canadiens organization refused to let him wear his Habs jersey in that commercial.

Apparently, they want to separate themselves from any personal causes current and former players take on, unless it's for their own charity.

While not the end of the world, it does come off pretty low. It's not like he was doing commercials for a business looking to make a profit here. Then you understand they don't want to associate themselves with them.

But this is a charity for a hospital. You'd think they'd look past that.

The Canadiens are really weird. They've made an instagram (or facebook?) Q and A with Glen freaking Metropolit this season. Maybe he's employed in some capacity but still weird lol.

Idk, I'd get it if a guy like Robert Lang who played one random season with us used Habs gear or something to make money, but like you said it's a charity + it's one of the club's legend. Like it or not he kinda represents Montreal wherever he goes.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The Canadiens are really weird. They've made an instagram (or facebook?) Q and A with Glen freaking Metropolit this season. Maybe he's employed in some capacity but still weird lol.

Idk, I'd get it if a guy like Robert Lang who played one random season with us used Habs gear or something to make money, but like you said it's a charity + it's one of the club's legend. Like it or not he kinda represents Montreal wherever he goes.

I found out that this isn't a Montreal Canadiens thing, but an NHL thing. The league doesn't want their teams' logos to show up at non-NHL events/ads.

Even Gretzky can't wear the Oilers logo if it isn't something officially associated with the Oilers.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I found out that this isn't a Montreal Canadiens thing, but an NHL thing. The league doesn't want their teams' logos to show up at non-NHL events/ads.

Even Gretzky can't wear the Oilers logo if it isn't something officially associated with the Oilers.

Oh ok thanks. Stills a little silly imo. But I guess it would set a dangerous precedent for them if players associated with the league in events they don't condone

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Nikita is a dad:

I honestly miss Scherby just for how funny he was. His draft interview with James Duthie was hilarious. (Link in the Tweet is dead and I can't find it anywhere, sadly) Also the way he'd stare at James Duthie in concentration/focus because he barely knew English yet was adorable.

"Do you know any Russian players on the Habs?"

"Emelin... Markov..."

"Have they called or texted you yet?"

"Uhhh, no."

"What other sports besides hockey do you like?"

"Curling, I love curling."

"You know Vic Rauter, you watch a lot of Vic Rauter?"

"I don't know him."

Last edited:
Reactions: CoopersFalls

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Mike Cichy's team (GKS Tichy) is currently destroying the PHL with 11 wins in 12 games. They have 6 guys in the league top15 for points, including Cichy who only played 8 of the 12 games.

Cichy only need 7 more points to enter the all-time top35 for the PHL.

sukimono

Mar 27, 2009
PQ
Where mah superstar and hfboards amateur scouts favourite Alexander Avtsin at ??

156921-russe-alexander-avtsin-constitue-choix.jpg

Reactions: DAChampion and Habs

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Where mah superstar and hfboards amateur scouts favourite Alexander Avtsin at ??

156921-russe-alexander-avtsin-constitue-choix.jpg

He's in Chelyabinsk playing for Traktor in the KHL. In the 8 years following his departure from the Habs, he played for 6 different KHL teams, with stints in 5 VHL teams. I heard somewhere he had some big injuries that killed his game, but can't seem to find a link. It did take him 5 years to go back to his pre-NA level. His best season was probably last year where he went almost 0.5 ppg (14 pts in 31 games).

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
Wow. I just looked up Savages stats. I really thought he scored more. Talk about injury prone too. He may beat out Brunet in that regard. The Porcelain Man!

Mr October!! Look up how many goals he's scored in October. If I remember correctly who would score 10-13 goals in October and end the season with 20-25 goals. He did have good chemistry with Koivu!

Hockeylife1938

Mar 30, 2018
Switzerland
www.youtube.com
Hi everybody,

Actually Desharnais lead the 1st line of the Swiss team Fribourg-Gottéron, who is trained by Christian Dubé, Pavel Rosa (former Los Angeles) and David Aebsicher (Stanley Cup winner with Colorado in 2001).

His most famous teammates are :
- Reto Berra (former Calgary, Colorado, Florida and Anaheim goalkeeper)
- Viktor Stalberg (Stanley Cup winner in 2013 with Chicago)
- Chris Di Domenico (former Ottawa)

His playing style is perfect for the European ice rink.

Have a look of the highlights of the 2019/20 season :
https://youtu.be/gZwOrU0ncv4

He is one of the supporter's favorite player :
https://youtu.be/YBc0cBh_FLI

Take care of you!
Regards,

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hi everybody,

Actually Desharnais lead the 1st line of the Swiss team Fribourg-Gottéron, who is trained by Christian Dubé, Pavel Rosa (former Los Angeles) and David Aebsicher (Stanley Cup winner with Colorado in 2001).

His most famous teammates are :
- Reto Berra (former Calgary, Colorado, Florida and Anaheim goalkeeper)
- Viktor Stalberg (Stanley Cup winner in 2013 with Chicago)
- Chris Di Domenico (former Ottawa)

His playing style is perfect for the European ice rink.

Have a look of the highlights of the 2019/20 season :
https://youtu.be/gZwOrU0ncv4

He is one of the supporter's favorite player :
https://youtu.be/YBc0cBh_FLI

Take care of you!
Regards,

Nice to hear.

All the criticism he got at the end of his time in Montreal was very hard on his father and family.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
He's always sounded like a good guy and I wish him the best.

He was just not good enough and was put in an intenable position here, and his on-ice relationship with Pacioretty where he'd never look at another passing option was detrimental.

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

MC94

May 13, 2018
And Subban and Radulov and Eller.
If we would have kept Radulov we would not have finished low enough to draft Kotkaniemi we would most likley have been in Hughes/ Boqvist range since Arizona probably would have taken him 5th that year had he been available

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If we would have kept Radulov we would not have finished low enough to draft Kotkaniemi we would most likley have been in Hughes/ Boqvist range since Arizona probably would have taken him 5th that year had he been available
Kotkaniemi is still a project while Radulov is an established top 6 winger, I stick with Radulov but that's just me.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad