Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearFlag

Aug 12, 2013
Orange County, CA
The fact of the matter is that some players just fit better on other teams (like Hagelin), so even if they are doing much better, it doesn't necessarily mean that it was bad to give them up. However with Maroon, I agree that the return was not worth the trade.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Another fact is the role they get in other teams - much bigger for Patty, Palms, Devo in their current teams than here. Hags was just a natural fit in Pittsburgh

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Another fact is the role they get in other teams - much bigger for Patty, Palms, Devo in their current teams than here. Hags was just a natural fit in Pittsburgh

Maroon in the past had played with Getzlaf and Perry I would call that a good opportunity but he never was great playing with them.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
What do you mean?

I thought he was good as a complementary piece playing alongside the two last season and playoffs. He put up 34 points in 71 games (near a 40 point pace) and then put up 7 goals, 11 points in 16 playoff games.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Maroon in the past had played with Getzlaf and Perry I would call that a good opportunity but he never was great playing with them.

Of course. Although that line was really great at point, Maroon is better suited with faster linemates to complement them, like McDavid now. Patty also looked good with MP22

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
usually toronto is "ducks east", especially because of their love for our ex-coaches but it seems like that title belongs to pittsburgh now

kunitz, hagelin, bonino, lovejoy, and cullen all on the pens

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
And he's still kinda up there on the all time games played and points lists for the franchise.

he's played the most games out of any player drafted by the ducks

as for the ducks all time scoring list

cullen is 10th all time in goals with 65
10th in assists with 135
and 9th in points with 200

Jun 13, 2010
NC
The late 90s to the early 2000s. Was traded in the Ozolinsh deal.

Weird, Ozolinsh played for the Canes too. That's right about the time I remember starting to really pay attention to hockey.

Cullen is awesome though, wish he were still on the Preds.

28/500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad