Former Ducks Thread II: AKA Wild Bill is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
To be fair, they started the year split up. He likely would have been on Getzlaf's wing.

I'm personally of the opinion that Palmieri has three things going for him this year that probably never happened in Anaheim. He's getting legit first line RW ice time (never gonna happen with Perry), his pride was injured by the trade and so he wants to show that a mistake was made (way too much floaty perimeter play mixed with his effective play here), and eastern conference hockey (see - Hagelin, Carl).

Also, he's stayed healthy.

Did we start them separated? I thought we tried it in preseason and it didn't work. Then went back to them being together. Could be wrong though, I try to forget about October...

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Did we start them separated? I thought we tried it in preseason and it didn't work. Then went back to them being together. Could be wrong though, I try to forget about October...

It was the opposite - it was working great in preseason, and then a total disaster the first 10 games.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Palmieri was great during regular season, no-show in the playoffs.

He chose a perfect team to show nothing but his strenght.

NJ won't make the playoffs anytime soon.

Lupul1990

Aug 30, 2006
Bones with 5 points tonight so far :)

"When you've got to feel it in your bones" :yo:

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Good for Bonino, he's had a hard time in Pittsburgh. It seems like if you're not the quickest skater in the world it's harder to fit in there.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Maroon with more goals in 12 games with the Oilers then he had with the Ducks this season and 2 points total less. Maroon is the 2nd player during the season to leave the Ducks and be doing much better.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
His shooting % was really low while he was here - if not for some bad luck he probably has more than 3 goals for us. Also McDavid is spoon feeding him a ton of chances and he's red hot right now. He will settle down and his production will fall back into the 30-40 point pace he's played at most years he's been in the league.

I still think trading him was stupid. He's a way better depth option than Nick Ritchie is right now.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
He's also playing with McDavid

He has played with Getzlaf and Perry before with better defenseman on the ice as well and never been like this.

But regardless if he had been even half this good we would never of traded him. I don't expect him to be this productive forever but still surprised to see him as productive with the Oilers as he has.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
He has played with Getzlaf and Perry before with better defenseman on the ice as well and never been like this.

But regardless if he had been even half this good we would never of traded him. I don't expect him to be this productive forever but still surprised to see him as productive with the Oilers as he has.

McDavid is much more dynamic than current Getzlaf (sadly)

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
So I guess this can go in this thread:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ducks-khudobin-heading-to-khl-after-season-spent-in-the-ahl/

He will be a former Duck soon enough. The trade for him just seems more and more baffling.

The trade for him makes perfect sense. We lose Wiz's massive contract for a UFA back up goalie. Murray didn't expect Gibson to steal a spot in the NHL this season, but that's what happened.

What doesn't make sense is the Torkaski trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad