Former Ducks - (2023-24 Season Edition )

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
eakins misused him so badly

I dunno about that. Heinen does okay on a playoff roster team. Unfortunately, we found that out the hard way when he became invisible on a rebuild team. Danton is a good passenger player, but on a rebuild team like the Ducks, there aren't that many high end drivers. Terry and Z didn't break out until after Heinen left.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
“I just pay attention to different stuff in my role now as a player.

That should tell you all you need to know about EE’s fitness for his current role haha

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Etem is raw as an on air personality. None of his stuff has been great but there are glimpses of good stuff. That interview was fun just because of who was involved but I'm hoping for some transformation from EE.

Reactions: Kalv
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I didn't get the feeling that Jamie had a particularly bad game based on quickly skimming through Flyers board but this pic just made me sad.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
That's one player Verbeek was smart not re-signing, he is producing worse than Stroke is, and is skating with Malkin most of the time, lol.

86 goals career by age 24, after those back to back 30+ goal years. Wouldn't have expected him to take six more years to get to 200.

He had a really strong season last year and played a full 82 for the first time, will be interesting to see if there's any bounce back left in him, now into his 30s

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
That's one player Verbeek was smart not re-signing, he is producing worse than Stroke is, and is skating with Malkin most of the time, lol.
I was sure that Rakell was already been gone before the Verbeekening but you're right. On one hand it feels like time has gone by slowly, while on the other hand it feels like time has gone by fast. Strange.

I wanted to post my favorite Rakell goal but couldn't find it so now I'm not even sure if it happened the way I remember it. I'm pretty sure he had a play where he stickhandled through traffic while switching stick handle behind his back and scored. If it was only in my dreams, you'll never see it. But here's another great Rakell goal:

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I was sure that Rakell was already been gone before the Verbeekening but you're right. On one hand it feels like time has gone by slowly, while on the other hand it feels like time has gone by fast. Strange.

I wanted to post my favorite Rakell goal but couldn't find it so now I'm not even sure if it happened the way I remember it. I'm pretty sure he had a play where he stickhandled through traffic while switching stick handle behind his back and scored. If it was only in my dreams, you'll never see it. But here's another great Rakell goal:

I was there for that goal. It was, indeed, a beauty. One of those where I had to go home and watch it multiple times to confirm that it was as gorgeous as it looked in person. Bobby Ryan's goal against Nashville in the playoffs was another one of those.

Reactions: lwvs84 and MCB
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I was there for that goal. It was, indeed, a beauty. One of those where I had to go home and watch it multiple times to confirm that it was as gorgeous as it looked in person. Bobby Ryan's goal against Nashville in the playoffs was another one of those.
I would love to see that again. If you know where to find, please let me know! I can't even remember in which season it happened anymore.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Raks really depended on Getz a lot. When Getz started to slow down, Raks just wasn't the type of guy who could drive a line on his own. Really skilled guy though, and our inability to draft support guys like Raks in that part of the 1st round and in the 2nd round has been a big problem.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I would love to see that again. If you know where to find, please let me know! I can't even remember in which season it happened anymore.
Sorry if I was unclear - I meant the goal that you posted the video of, not the goal you referred to in your text. If that goal happened, I don't have a clear memory of it.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Sorry if I was unclear - I meant the goal that you posted the video of, not the goal you referred to in your text. If that goal happened, I don't have a clear memory of it.
Ah, I got excited there for a moment. I'm starting to think that the goal of my dreams never happened, and I'm just mixing up a couple of different plays together. Anyway, I have fond memories of that Rakell - Getzlaf - Perry line.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Raks really depended on Getz a lot. When Getz started to slow down, Raks just wasn't the type of guy who could drive a line on his own. Really skilled guy though, and our inability to draft support guys like Raks in that part of the 1st round and in the 2nd round has been a big problem.

I mean, Malkins no shlub. I think its just a case of a guy who benefitted from good players when he was in his prime. He just had a short window of where he was actually in his prime.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I mean, Malkins no shlub. I think its just a case of a guy who benefitted from good players when he was in his prime. He just had a short window of where he was actually in his prime.
Malkin isn't what he used to be either, i just don't agree that Raks' prime was as short as you indicate

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Malkin isn't what he used to be either, i just don't agree that Raks' prime was as short as you indicate
I don't know - Rakell was good for like three seasons until last year's resurgence (which is looking more like a dead cat bounce). Outside of 2016-2018, he is just a 2nd line winger, good for about 20 goals, 40 - 45 points per season. And I know some of those seasons were better than others if you games played into account, but other than the COVID year, those games played were down because of injuries, which should be factored in to his value.

So maybe it's not that his prime was short. He's actually still in it. But "prime" Rakell is a mediocre 2nd line right wing, when at his peak he was a decent top liner. His prime just isn't all that great. Not bad, certainly not for a late 1st rounder, but not anything to get excited about.

Reactions: Rybread86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad