Former Canucks: Players & Management (Kevin Bieksa retirement watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
a lot of people have tried that dumb argument and it's always the same reply: just because you don't care about bleeding from a thousand cuts doesn't mean it's wise or reasonable

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
a lot of people have tried that dumb argument and it's always the same reply: just because you don't care about bleeding from a thousand cuts doesn't mean it's wise or reasonable

frog won't jump out of the pot but eventually it'll be dead all the same and you can eat it

that said, i think the last two posters to respond to karl childers are misrepresenting what he's trying to say.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I know it isn't small sh!t. My point is the little transactions that seem to enrage a lot of posters don't bother me. Like the Lack trade or picking Mackenzie Stewart or Markus Granlund etc..... there's things to be angry about and things that have little to no consequence.

So...what exactly is the big **** to you? Is there anything about this second-last place team you're not happy about?

Karl Childers*

Jun 18, 2017
So...what exactly is the big **** to you? Is there anything about this second-last place team you're not happy about?
Sutter
Eriksson
2014 first round
Three second round picks pissed away for &$@%. I was fine with McCann and a 4th for EG hated including the 33rd. Vey for a 2nd and a second tossed in for Sutter.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays

Sutter
Eriksson
2014 first round
Three second round picks pissed away for &$@%. I was fine with McCann and a 4th for EG hated including the 33rd. Vey for a 2nd and a second tossed in for Sutter.

Those are pretty fair. What most of us seem to be mad about apart from all the other bad trades and players aquired is the lack of direction. Owners may have been pulling the strings behind the scenes but Benning and Linden have obviously been yes men blindly following orders instead of having spines and doing what is best for the franchise

Karl Childers*

Jun 18, 2017
One failed prospect for another failed prospect - except we had to toss in a draft pick (not a huge loss given how low the pick was - but still a loss).

Yeah I guess the pick was a small loss. Still Etem played what ? 50 games ? I think at the time he was rated a bit better prospect than Jensen so maybe that's why Benning had to cough up a 6th. I'm getting awfully tired of him always getting bent for an extra pick in trades. If Etem had any desire or chutzpah he could be a pretty good player. Waste of ability right there.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
The funny thing is that as horrendous as the Forsling for clendening trade was, as bad as clendening is we would have been better off just keeping him instead of tossing him into the Sutter trade and then dealing yet another pick for Larsen.

Clendening played a few games for a top team and would have been better than Larsen even if his skating sucks.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Too young to remember how he beat Morrison for a spot with his all world skills and Pk ability?

I'm too old to remember all of the details but I recall us having a significant injury down the middle early that season and Morrison would have been the perfect stop gap... had he not signed with Calgary.

I also think I recall him having a bit of early success there too... but that was short lived.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
29th overall pick - something you neglected to point out (no surprise). btw, how is the 6th overall pick doing?

Yes, but of the 4 J's: Jensen Jenner Jurco, Jaskin, he's clearly the weakest. Not to mention Saad, Kucherov, Gibson, Ritchie, V.Rask, Nieto, W.Karlson going in the next 30 picks. And Rakell going immediately after him.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
IIRC, he actually beat out Morrison with his willingness to sign a two-way deal.

That's not what I recall. I thought the belief was that Schaefer was a better fit on the bottom 6 (Morrison being small, old, and weak).

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
frog won't jump out of the pot but eventually it'll be dead all the same and you can eat it

that said, i think the last two posters to respond to karl childers are misrepresenting what he's trying to say.

honestly he's incoherent at best so i don't try very hard to understand him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad