Former Canucks: Players & Management (Kevin Bieksa retirement watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Not hugely surprising, given he had family commitments that were requiring him to be out east (hence why he was in Utica). Still a big loss, though. Best of luck, Rollie.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Just because it's not surprising news doesn't mean it's not devastating for the organization. Rollie is the best. I strongly suspect Dan Cloutier will not reach anywhere near the same heights in his career as a tendy coach.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Not hugely surprising, given he had family commitments that were requiring him to be out east (hence why he was in Utica). Still a big loss, though. Best of luck, Rollie.

Yep, this sucks.

Hopefully enough groundwork has been laid out for Demko

Woulda been fun to see Rollie try to hone in Dipietro's unorthodox style but whatever

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This club is a joke how do they lose the only good guys like this??? Linden should be fired :rant:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
This is the last kick in the nuts to the Comets. First it was Henning, then Green and Baumgartner, and now Rollie. The Comets get to start all over again from scratch.

The Henning firing is still unexplainable.

The deal with Green and Baumgartner is totally understandable. Of course Green wants to be an NHL head coach and he had to jump at the opportunity and Baumer has been his right hand man.

Rollie is a haed pill for the canucks to swallow. Yes, he wanted to be back east, but there were a lot of rumblings in Vancouver when Miller didn't want to follow Rollie's advice and Benning supported Miller. From that moment on Rollie's days were numbered. The Devils will benefit greatly from Rollie's tutelage. I am sure Schneider is tickled silly. The difference between Terreri and Rollie are night and day.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
This is the last kick in the nuts to the Comets. First it was Henning, then Green and Baumgartner, and now Rollie. The Comets get to start all over again from scratch.

The Henning firing is still unexplainable.

The deal with Green and Baumgartner is totally understandable. Of course Green wants to be an NHL head coach and he had to jump at the opportunity and Baumer has been his right hand man.

Rollie is a haed pill for the canucks to swallow. Yes, he wanted to be back east, but there were a lot of rumblings in Vancouver when Miller didn't want to follow Rollie's advice and Benning supported Miller. From that moment on Rollie's days were numbered. The Devils will benefit greatly from Rollie's tutelage. I am sure Schneider is tickled silly. The difference between Terreri and Rollie are night and day.

I believe he wanted to coach a tandem of Lack and Markstrom and they chose Miller.

Karl Childers*

Jun 18, 2017
It's much more cute how you have to defend every critique of the management group.
Yes I love the Sutter addition , the Eriksson signing, the Virtanen draft pick, the McCann pick, the squandering of second round picks and the fact the team has no cap space. I would have also chosen Walt jr over Juolevi as well. I just don't sweat the small sh!t like some others do.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Yes I love the Sutter addition , the Eriksson signing, the Virtanen draft pick, the McCann pick, the squandering of second round picks and the fact the team has no cap space. I would have also chosen Walt jr over Juolevi as well. I just don't sweat the small sh!t like some others do.

He prefers to be called Flynn now.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
I believe he wanted to coach a tandem of Lack and Markstrom and they chose Miller.

I could see that. Miller came on board with his own way of doing things, and he had no reason to want to change. To an extent I think the same issue applied to Luongo. I got the impression he was never too pleased about completely changing his game for Melanson, though I could be wrong.

In Miller's case, I think it's no accident that Miller suddenly looked better and more comfortable this year under Cloutier.

Not saying that Melanson isn't great, just that the fit has to be there.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

What you just listed isn't exactly "small ****", in the slightest and the biggest beefs we all have. The bigger issues make the smaller issues even more annoying.

Karl Childers*

Jun 18, 2017
What you just listed isn't exactly "small ****", in the slightest and the biggest beefs we all have. The bigger issues make the smaller issues even more annoying.
I know it isn't small sh!t. My point is the little transactions that seem to enrage a lot of posters don't bother me. Like the Lack trade or picking Mackenzie Stewart or Markus Granlund etc..... there's things to be angry about and things that have little to no consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad