Confirmed with Link: Formenton, Hart, Dube, McLeod, Foote Charged with Sexual Assault (London Police Press Conference Feb 5 2pm ET)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Same people who were all too eager to make Mailloux the victim and their hero after we drafted him
I think the Mailloux story is a very different one. It was a one on one affair and the girl never said she was not consensual from what i can remember. The problem from what i know was not the act itself but the fact he took a picture and shared it which is bad obviously but not anywhere near what we are talking here. Like i said in my previous post consent when there's multiple party against one and alcohol is involved is a very very very gray area and consent should never ever be gray.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I think the Mailloux story is a very different one. It was a one on one affair and the girl never said she was not consensual from what i can remember. The problem from what i know was not the act itself but the fact he took a picture and shared it which is bad obviously but not anywhere near what we are talking here. Like i said in my previous post consent when there's multiple party against one is a very very gray area.
Probably more importantly, he was a minor in a foreign country, and since he had witnessed/heard of the protection/support hockey players get, probably expected the same in Sweden.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
About time. Rot in jail now, f***ing garbages.

It would still be a long way to there, in a case that would be very difficult to prove in court.

If the speculated players prove to be accurate though, their NHL careers may be over as none of the speculated players have been playing at a level that would seem to justify the PR nightmare.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Consensual can be a very gray area specially when alcohol is involved and a position of strength is present (multiple persons versus one person or a boss with an employee like Weinstein).

From what i know of the story it looks like one guy invited one girl to his room and then other guys joined. It's very possible that if this is how it happened the girl acted like she was consensual feeling she was pressured by the unexpected amount of people joining in. It's a very common tactic used by pimps to groom young women. If the initial consensual nature was given with the implication it would be with one guy and then others joined then a jury could easily come to the conclusion that the said consensual nature of the act was voided.

I know lot of guys think all women dream of having sex with multiple men but i have 3 sisters and i can tell you it's not common at all not even close to it. Before doing so you should make sure that it is very clear it's going to be that before the woman is in a position where she could feel pressured to say yes despite not being fine with it.

I'm not shaming her, blaming her, don't take it the wrong way. But I just think its sad whoever they may be, are already guilty.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Same people who were all too eager to make Mailloux the victim and their hero after we drafted him
Still to this day really. You post one criticism of him as a hockey player and a bunch of people come at you. They can’t separate the player from the person and claim some weird injustice towards him. It’s a really strange hill to die on.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Someone about to pay some millions to make this conveniently go away, you know, the way it usually works for the wealthy.

It's a criminal investigation. Hockey Canada made the civil lawsuit go away by paying the victim but they can't do that now. All they can do is to pay ridiculous amounts to the best lawyers they can get in order to win their case. The names will come out either way.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Someone about to pay some millions to make this conveniently go away, you know, the way it usually works for the wealthy.

It doesn't work like that these days, unless you are a politician. My bro is a big fat lawyer, he can attest lol. I mean, unless your last name is Gates or Epstein.. or a celebrity... hmmm

Side note - I got 50$ on this thread not lasting very long lol

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I think the Mailloux story is a very different one. It was a one on one affair and the girl never said she was not consensual from what i can remember. The problem from what i know was not the act itself but the fact he took a picture and shared it which is bad obviously but not anywhere near what we are talking here. Like i said in my previous post consent when there's multiple party against one and alcohol is involved is a very very very gray area and consent should never ever be gray.
If I understand correctly the WJC incident was about a girl thinking she'd made a connection to one guy and then being forced to have sex with a lot of other guys. The only gray area is whether it is only rape or if there are other charges. I expect every effort from the authorities on all sides will be to keep the participants anonymous and free. At least the publicity may discourage other young idiots from doing similar things.

Leaving home early for sports is not an easy thing. The leagues share responsibility.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
waking-up-waking-up-happy.gif

model citizen logan mailloux waking up today

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad