Confirmed with Link: Foligno Extension - 3.1 Million AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
He's on the 3rd line right now. Who goes to the 4th line when Zuccarello comes back? How about when Boldy shows up next year?

The 2nd round pick or better is what Guerin should have been able to get for a rental Foligno

Youre assuming foligno was even going to be traded as a rental, so in fact this signing did not cost us anything.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Dumba for Ehlers... Sign Danault

Ehlers-Rossi-Fiala
Boldy-Danault-Kaprizov
Foligno-Ek-XXXX

Brodin-Spurgeon
Suter-Addison
Soucy-Menell

Talbot

and coming down the pipe is Johnson and Samoskevich

Dumba for Ehlers is a trade I can get behind. Basically add another Fiala. Add Danault on top of that and thats a nice looking team.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Dumba for Ehlers is a trade I can get behind. Basically add another Fiala. Add Danault on top of that and thats a nice looking team.

Ehlers seems like a terrible pick-up for this team, positionally speaking.

Fiala, Kap, Ehlers, Zucc, Parise, Boldy, Foligno, X is a fantastic winger group. However, it’s a very expensive winger group that leaves almost nothing for the centers.

Addison and Mennell both look like they’ve got great potential at RD so their ELCs would help, but next year we’d likely have $35-40M tied up in our wingers and about $27M in our defense.

———————————

Crunched the numbers on this:

OFFENSE:

Ehlers, Zucc, Parise, Foligno, Boldy: $23.5M
Kap, Fiala: ~$12M-$15M
Rossi, Ek, Sturm: ~$5.2M
Rask Buyout: $1.3M

DEFENSE:

Spurgeon, Suter, Brodin, Soucy, Addison, Mennell: $25.6M

GOALIES:

Talbot, Kaapo: $4.4M

TOTAL: $72M - $75M

So roughly $6.5-9.5M to sign a Top 6 C, 4th line RW, and 2 extra skaters. Not impossible if the higher cap space is available, but still incredibly tight. I don’t see Zucc or Parise being moved somehow either.

Last edited:

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Don’t think many, if any, are saying it is.

Theres a few in the trade board outside of our organization saying they dont think its a bad deal outside of it being a flat cap currently. Also a fair amount of people saying they wish he was on their team, so who knows. End of the day i dont hate the deal, we still have yet to see who all will be on this roster still come expansion draft so this could go so many different ways.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
He's on the 3rd line right now. Who goes to the 4th line when Zuccarello comes back? How about when Boldy shows up next year?

The 2nd round pick or better is what Guerin should have been able to get for a rental Foligno

Seeler is the guy doing the "jumping".
So he's a 4th liner and he's worth a 2nd round pick? Yo the wild should trade everyone in their bottom 6 if this is the case.

Reactions: Ban Hammered

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Bjugstad goes to 4th line and Johansson moves to center, I guess.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
So he's a 4th liner and he's worth a 2nd round pick? Yo the wild should trade everyone in their bottom 6 if this is the case.
It's almost like contending teams are willing to overpay for quality depth players at the trade deadline.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Does anyone else think this signing is part of a bigger move on Guerin's end? I could see Parise on the move again (didn't get the captaincy, overabundance of top 9 wingers...)

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Does anyone else think this signing is part of a bigger move on Guerin's end? I could see Parise on the move again (didn't get the captaincy, overabundance of top 9 wingers...)

I think there is a less then zero shot Parise gets moved in this market.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
One way, the possibility is there, however small. The other, it’s completely slammed shut. That’s all we’re pretty much saying.
Which also ties into the question, what is gained by signing this contract now instead of the offseason?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not much, which is pretty much the extent of my “problem” with it.
This is the 3rd contract that Guerin sure seemed to be in a rush to give a player more than he could ask for. Not a great trait to have in a salary cap league.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This is the 3rd contract that Guerin sure seemed to be in a rush to give a player more than he could ask for. Not a great trait to have in a salary cap league.

I don’t quite equate the risk of waiting Foligno vs. Spurgeon/Brodin. The latters would’ve been a bigger hit to the team if the waiting went wrong.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don’t quite equate the risk of waiting Foligno vs. Spurgeon/Brodin. The latters would’ve been a bigger hit to the team if the waiting went wrong.
The Brodin contract should be being discussed right now. Doing that deal before even starting the offseason made no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad