Confirmed with Link: Foligno Extension - 3.1 Million AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Tired of people regurgitating the bullshit that Russo writes as fact. Foligno is a quality 4th line player who is very good on the PK. He isn't some great leader, voice of the team, protector of teammates.
Here we go again...

Reactions: BagHead

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
$23.7M in space this summer right now.

Add $2.1M (Greenway/ED) and $2.7M (Rask buyout).

Subtract $3M (Rossi, Boldy and Menell/Addison ELC's).

Fiala ~$7.5M
Kaprizov ~$6.5M
Eriksson Ek ~$3.5M

$8M to fill the X's below (probably closer to $6M to keep a little cushion) with Dumba's $6M continuing to be a wildcard.

Kaprizov - X - Fiala
Boldy - Rossi - Zuccarello
Parise - Eriksson Ek - Foligno
X - Sturm - X
X

Suter - Spurgeon
Brodin - Dumba
Soucy - Menell/Addison
X

Goalies

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That’s fine. He still did it which you claim he doesn’t. Video evidence. Are we gonna adjust it to he just doesn’t do it enough to fit your argument?
I can probably find a video of Suter dropping a bomb of a slapshot within the last 3 years. Will that prove that he's a huge threat from the point?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Fiala ~$7.5M
Kaprizov ~$6.5M
Eriksson Ek ~$3.5M

$8M to fill the X's below (probably closer to $6M to keep a little cushion) with Dumba's $6M continuing to be a wildcard.

Kaprizov - X - Fiala
X - Sturm - X
X

Suter - Spurgeon
Brodin - Dumba
Soucy - Menell/Addison
X

Goalies
Dumba for Ehlers... Sign Danault

Ehlers-Rossi-Fiala
Boldy-Danault-Kaprizov
Foligno-Ek-XXXX

Brodin-Spurgeon
Suter-Addison
Soucy-Menell

Talbot

and coming down the pipe is Johnson and Samoskevich

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Seems a bit too much, but he is an important piece of a shutdown line and is probably our best PK guy. He also doesn’t have any protection, so he can still be traded/exposed.

Not sure what the plan is for the wingers the next two years though. Where does Boldy slot in? Is Parise going to be on the 4th line?

Top 6: Fiala, Kap, Zucc, Boldy(?)
Bottom 6: Parise, Foligno, Greenway*, Hartman

*If he’s still around

Reactions: 2Pair

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Seems a bit too much, but he is an important piece of a shutdown line and is probably our best PK guy. He also doesn’t have any protection, so he can still be traded/exposed.

Not sure what the plan is for the wingers the next two years though. Where does Boldy slot in? Is Parise going to be on the 4th line?

Top 6: Fiala, Kap, Zucc, Boldy(?)
Bottom 6: Parise, Foligno, Greenway*, Hartman

*If he’s still around

My guess is it's Fiala/Kaprizov/Parise and Zuccarello for this year and next year, then Boldy bumps Parise out the next year.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

Fiala ~$7.5M
Kaprizov ~$6.5M
Eriksson Ek ~$3.5M

Kaprizov - X - Fiala
X - Sturm - X
X

Suter - Spurgeon
Brodin - Dumba
Soucy - Menell/Addison
X

Goalies

Shoulda refreshed before I posted because this is probably what I see happening. Would love to find a way to get Nuge in the Top 6, but definitely won’t have the cap with Dumba still around.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The FA market is very weak for Top 6 centers. I suppose Krejci wouldn’t be a terrible short-term solution.
Danault is a good 2C, and actually a center. I’d wait to see what Barkov’s situation develops into before I do anything, though.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Danault is a good 2C, and actually a center. I’d wait tos we what Barkov’s situation develops into before I do anything, though.

If he has another solid season, I’d be interested in him. Does seem like he’d be a great 2C, but I’m not sure Montreal lets him hit UFA. I don’t think this team has any shot at affording Barkov.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
When did I use the word "never"?
right ill word it as you did then, im not the one asking for you to show me the times suter has made a clap bomb. sure sounds like saying he never does it with different wording but to your credit you did not say never.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Foligno just beat the brakes off MacEwen for taking runs this year.

Do you not watch Wild games or....?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Eh, okay deal. In a non-COVID world I would have called it a good deal.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I feel like we have a few good LWs coming down the pipeline. IDK why you'd want to extend a bottom 6 one that will take up a spot. 3 years for a guy that plays a position that many would take league min for?

I thought I saw Foligno move to the right?

Also, there is a significant difference between a guy that would take league min for vs a guy like Foligno. I mean, Kurtis Gabriel would take minimum for and a lot of fans in this thread think Foligno = Gabriel as all bottom 6 forwards are the same right?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The bigger problem here is the idea that Guerin seems to think having cap space means he can overpay, however slightly, certain guys. Which in a one off situation is maybe fine, but when you're slightly overpaying everyone, suddenly you have an extra 5-10M tied up where it shouldn't necessarily be tied up.

The fact that he had 15M in cap space and chose to spend it all on third liners too is a little worrisome.

Reactions: 2Pair
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad