Post-Game Talk: Flyers win.

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
In the process of looking for Provy/Ghost numbers Gudas/Sanheim are 2nd best pair by CF% and 7th best by xGF% (minimum 200 minutes) in the NHL but Brandon mother****ing Manning needs a roster spot :'(

Ignore eye-test, ignore data and stick with those excellent defensive pairings of

Manning/Gudas and AMac/Hagg. Oh, and still bench Ghost in the last 5 minutes if the game is tied.

Say "You can throw Corsi out the window" and continue chewing on a beet.

Clearly you too are wrong, Sanheim doesn't belong at this level and is significantly worse than Manning.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reactions: bennysflyers16

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
They need to send down Sanheim or something. How long has it been since he played? Maybe Hak will throw in Sanheim tomorrow as a "rest" day for Manning... but that seems super unlikely.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They need to send down Sanheim or something. How long has it been since he played? Maybe Hak will throw in Sanheim tomorrow as a "rest" day for Manning... but that seems super unlikely.

I think he gets sent down sometime during this upcoming week. I don’t think he plays tomorrow so 10/11 games he’s sat out with him playing like 6 minutes in the one game he got in.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Pretty sure this is the first time I’ve seen someone mention JSON on a hockey forum. Kudos.

You’d be surprised! I’m in the security end of the industry. There’s a CI/CD guy who posts here sometimes as well and I’m sure others.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Another win. Crazy to think we had a 10 game losing streak. I mean how the hell does this even happen

Strange isn't it. Ghost has been nutty lately. Provorov with 8 points in his last 7 games. 1st line dominant again. Hagg is looking better than he ever has (still mediocre, but better than he was months ago). Patrick is going through his best stretch of the year. Weal and Simmonds have had a resurgence.

Reactions: Appleyard

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Gudas - Sanheim also have the easiest matchups as determined by Corsi QoC.
So their stats are a little inflated.
MacDonald has had the toughest matchups.

It's blatantly obvious that Ghost has revamped his game since the beginning of the season, he's far more responsible defensively, and his positioning is much better, the play on Palmieri where he used his body instead of stick checking the way he would his first two years is a good example, and the fact that he hustled back consistently on defense instead of getting caught up ice. Maybe the best game he's played.

Provorov is getting more and more confidence offensively, and the two are working together well, Ghost cycles back and uses his speed to cover for Provorov when he goes in deep - and it makes more sense for Provorov to attack the net and Ghost to stay back and look for shooting lanes, Provorov is much stronger while Ghost might have the best slap shot on the team and a good wrist shot.

Konecny was playing well until the mindfart tripping penalty in the 3rd (two goal lead in the O-zone, move your feet young man), but he tried a lot of cross ice passes, got away with them but that's not a good habit. Hit on one nice shot but then blew another breakaway off a gorgous Provorov pass. But showed good hustle getting back.

Know y'all hate Filppula, but a nice goal and some nice clears on the PK.

Voracek was up for this game, some great rushes.

Hagg may be the whipping boy here, but he's the only one who consistently clears the crease.

Raffl keeps bringing it, they may have to think about an extension after this season, a veteran's veteran and would be a great mentor for the young forwards coming up.

Neuvirth was solid again, too bad you can't ride him without him breaking down after a dozen games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad