Seravalli: Flyers willing to package 7, 22 + to get into the top 5 and draft Michkov

Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Michkov is there and they don't want him (habs), I hope they move back for that pick and whatever else, if there is something else and just take Leonard/Reinbacher + that/those extra picks.
Worst move they could make imo. You take Michkov at 5 unless you get a huge overpayment. Top 2 talent in this draft. If all top 5 picks come and do as advertise Michkov would easily go 2nd OA. If he drops to 5 you take him simple. I think the Sharks are going to grab him so you need to deal with them.
The Habs will be happy with Smith and could hit the jackpot if Michkov is still around.

Reactions: jellybeans

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Habs might trade down. Would Flyers do 7+22+ next year's second rounder for 5?
Terrible for the Habs.
We need one of those top 5 . We don't need to drop back .

This would be a great franchise altering trade. I hate the Flyers but hats to them if they pull it off.

Michkov is the clear cut #2 prospect in my opinion.
Ya imaging the possibility of the next 4 passing on him. Crazy.
The Habs needs this kind of talent.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
FYI Foerster is the kind of prospect Kent Hughes likes to trade for.

#5 for #7, Foerster and a 2nd next year ?

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
FYI Foerster is the kind of prospect Kent Hughes likes to trade for.

#5 for #7, Foerster and a 2nd next year ?
You give me the choice of
Leonard and Foerster or Michkov
I easily take Michkov.
Hopefully this is just more drama trying to be drummed up and Hughes isn't stupid enough to pass on a shot at a potential franchise player in Michkov.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
if your the habs and you dont plan on drafting mivhkov than thats not a terrible idea.

i think someone else is probably phillys target.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It really takes about 4-5 years to historically see if this pans out - 5 for 7+22.

From 2020 on back, man there would have been some GOOD swaps and there would have also been some TERRIBLE swaps. Largely it was "meh whatever". but I don't think any of the #5OV were at the potential of Michkov.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
You give me the choice of
Leonard and Foerster or Michkov
I easily take Michkov.
Hopefully this is just more drama trying to be drummed up and Hughes isn't stupid enough to pass on a shot at a potential franchise player in Michkov.
In a vacuum, there's no question that MM is the #2. Problem is, there is no vacuum. There are legit questions, many of them serious and discussed in the most recent 32 Thoughts. If Montreal select him, I'm fine with it. If they opt to pass on him, I'm fine with that too.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Hope they don't do it, don't want to see Michkov in the Metro unless the Canes somehow got him in a Pesce trade or something but that ain't happening.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
So is this fear that Washington will jump them if he makes it to six….or trying to get Washington to jump them so someone else makes it to seven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad