Seravalli: Flyers willing to package 7, 22 + to get into the top 5 and draft Michkov

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
One of two things seems to be happening here, and I'm cool with either. If the Flyers genuinely do want Michkov, and we're legit putting in the effort to go up and get our guy, then that's awesome, though maybe try to help keep the story down to a dull roar. If they don't, and this is a massive smokescreen, then they're using the media to try and influence the draft around them and limit the chances that someone will draft their guy, whoever that is, and that's also a vast improvement over where we were.

I personally really want Michkov, and don't care if it'll take 3 years for him to come over, but if the Flyers have their eyes on Benson or Leonard, and this is just Danny B using the media to manipulate others, awesome. Let's try actually using the tools at our disposal for once.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Can you actually not figure out that I just don’t want to move the pick or are you pretending to be daft?

Just say that then, don't go making silly requests.

And it's one of those drafts where you'd be mad to not at least entertain moving down. I'd do it if i were Montreal.

Reactions: pth2

pth2

Jan 7, 2018

And it's one of those drafts where you'd be mad to not at least entertain moving down. I'd do it if i were Montreal.
Agreed. It just seems silly to add on assets beyond reason.
Still, the cost to trading out of the top tier will be high, as a SJ fan just illustrated.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Same. SJ trading out of the top tier would legit give them a boatload of assets.
Chicago could do the same thing. Just like with San Jose, it'd be a bad call to drop out of the top 5 this year without a stupid overpayment. Low 1sts/2nds wouldn't cut it for me

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Chicago could do the same thing. Just like with San Jose, it'd be a bad call to drop out of the top 5 this year without a stupid overpayment. Low 1sts/2nds wouldn't cut it for me
Chicago is getting the prime time player, trading him would legit take overpayment.

As a Habs fan, going from 5 to 7 costs 22 and a 2nd rounder or 7 and Gauthier. Ask from teams lower down will increase since odds of getting our guy are lowering with every pick we move down.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Chicago is getting the prime time player, trading him would legit take overpayment.

As a Habs fan, going from 5 to 7 costs 22 and a 2nd rounder or 7 and Gauthier. Ask from teams lower down will increase since odds of getting our guy are lowering with every pick we move down.
San Jose also would be getting a prime time player at 4. Hence also should require legit overpayment to drop down, which I didn't see in the proposed deal

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Or I can say what I said because that’s what it would take for me to move the lick with Michkov on the board

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
After the Hayes deal, try to be a bit nicer to them, they are in a fragile mental state.

Screenshot_2023-06-27-13-57-54-295.jpg

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I'd guess that the Habs will wait for their pick and if the 4 centers are taken they'll make this trade.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
As a Habs fan, it's a bidding war between Philly and Washington.
With 22 and Foerster, Philly has what it takes to win.

Edit: but of course it's a draft day deal.
If the auction goes too high and SJ trades down instead, Habs get Smith or Carlsson and that's great, too.
Philly being dumb if any truth to this. Why would you think Michkov would like playing in Philly? No Russian players on the roster(as far as I know) and the Philly Fans will get impatient with him. Frankly, it's just not the Philly way of players they usually go after. My guess is Keith Jones thinks Michkov could be closest thing to the next Ovechkin.

Reactions: Larry44

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
As a Habs fan, it's a bidding war between Philly and Washington.
With 22 and Foerster, Philly has what it takes to win.

Edit: but of course it's a draft day deal.
If the auction goes too high and SJ trades down instead, Habs get Smith or Carlsson and that's great, too.

If the Habs are offered this I would take it in a heart beat, especially after trading #31 and #37 to Colorado for NewHook.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
If Philly trades 7 and 22 then Habs need to add pick 31 in addition to pick 5 for it to be equal value, which they just traded away. What other 2nds do they have now?

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Think the Newhook trade makes this deal more likely. Trade back to 7 and get Dvorsky/Leonard plus at 22 we can get the someone of the 4th tier.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
I really hope this isn't true or just posturing by the Flyers. I'd much prefer they make selections at 7 and 22 than trade them just to move up two spots.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
San Jose are dead set on Smith apparently
Who is saying this? I am a sharks fan and I have been hearing a variety of possible options the Sharks take 4. Some think they are the most likely out of the top five to take Michkov, others think they're in love with Smith, some think they'll go with Reinbacher, and and there is the possibility they trade down? It seems to me no one knows what they are going to do in the draft this year.

Reactions: JRichard

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Think the Newhook trade makes this deal more likely. Trade back to 7 and get Dvorsky/Leonard plus at 22 we can get the someone of the 4th tier.
Not so fast.

Montreal Canadiens general manager, Kent Hughes says that Matvei Mitchkov impressed the scouting team during their meeting earlier today.
He says he provided mature answers and is an option if he's still available at #5 tomorrow.
After the Canadiens acquired Newhook today, it looks like they might have set themselves up for a 'best player available' situation tomorrow which very well could be Michkov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad