Seravalli: Flyers willing to package 7, 22 + to get into the top 5 and draft Michkov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It doesn't feel like one of those drafts where the #5 would be unavailable. You do get the odd one where you're picking at #4 and there's 4 major talents available, but this year ain't that. If i were Montreal, i'd at least entertain the idea as odds are you likely won't lose out that much.
Of course draft season is poker season so the GM's aren't going to show their cards, but I haven't seen any indications that Montreal is willing to take a risk on Michkov. I could be wrong.

But if they aren't interested, I think there would be some real value in trading down to 6,7, or even 8 because it seems like at least Philadelphia and Washington are interested in Michkov, and may be willing to have a sort of bidding war for the opportunity to do so before another interested team does. I do think the price would be the 7/8 pick plus another first this year or equivalent prospect.

Reactions: Eegs and HabsAddict

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Lol it’s hilarious anyone thinks the Habs are willing to have their future first line be composed of two sub 5’10” wingers.

Flyers would be idiotic to trade up

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Lol it’s hilarious anyone thinks the Habs are willing to have their future first line be composed of two sub 5’10” wingers.

Flyers would be idiotic to trade up
Why would they be on the same line? If you had two small wingers, like Caufield and Michkov, I would think they would play on separate lines and only be together on the PP. They do have that giraffe that went 1oa last year, maybe he can find a spot on the top 6

• Haha
Reactions: Rob Sense

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Imagine Sharks trading down from #4 to 5 for #31 (Habs take Smith at 4), then from #5 to 7 for #22 (Philly takes Michkov at 5), and then end up with Leonard + #21 #26 + #31?

That'd be a totally possible scenario.
San Jose are dead set on Smith apparently

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Imagine Sharks trading down from #4 to 5 for #31 (Habs take Smith at 4), then from #5 to 7 for #22 (Philly takes Michkov at 5), and then end up with Leonard + #21 #26 + #31?

That'd be a totally possible scenario.
Habs wouldn't give the 31st to do so.

The difference between smith and michkov is minimal, 31st oa for the lixury of the choice is too much.

Dropping to 6-7-8-9 tjo, thats a different story because you drop from the top A prospects to the B+/B

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Habs wouldn't give the 31st to do so.

The difference between smith and michkov is minimal, 31st oa for the lixury of the choice is too much.

Dropping to 6-7-8-9 tjo, thats a different story because you drop from the top A prospects to the B+/B
If some are saying that Michkov (obvious reasons why he isn't rated at 2) is almost as good as Bedard and you're saying the difference between Michkov and Smith is minimal, then you'd think Smith would be a consensus #2, no?

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
If some are saying that Michkov (obvious reasons why he isn't rated at 2) is almost as good as Bedard and you're saying the difference between Michkov and Smith is minimal, then you'd think Smith would be a consensus #2, no?
Not what I am saying.

What I am saying is that the Habs wouldn't pay a 31OA pick to have the luxury to take Smith or Michkov at 4. They are both A/franchise player prospect.

They'd maybe send a B prospect that's redundant in our system, but that's about it.

Trading down from 5 thi would require a solid pick or prospect added (another 1st rder at least) as you drop from A/franchise prospect to B+/B/middle 6er type of prospect. Big step down so price is steeper

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Not what I am saying.

What I am saying is that the Habs wouldn't pay a 31OA pick to have the luxury to take Smith or Michkov at 4. They are both A/franchise player prospect.

They'd maybe send a B prospect that's redundant in our system, but that's about it.

Trading down from 5 thi would require a solid pick or prospect added (another 1st rder at least) as you drop from A/franchise prospect to B+/B/middle 6er type of prospect. Big step down so price is steeper
If Montreal doesn't want to take Michkov though, they yes they would send a significant asset to move up and actually have the choice between him and Smith, considering it's been reported they are very high on Smith.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
#7, #22, a really high 1st next year and a starting goalie to move up two places?

The lack of objective thought on this board sometimes is remarkable.
Can you actually not figure out that I just don’t want to move the pick or are you pretending to be daft?

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Yes. The user I quoted said he would send a "redundant prospect"
We would.

I think that, if Habs aren't picking Michkov, they will likelly trade down for a diff top10 pick + another 1st in 2023 or 2024 rather than trading up.

I see no scenario where Habs trade their 31st pick to move up one spot. They'd trade it to move up to #3 for sure, but not for Will Smith.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Flyers drafting Michkov would be a massive win by Briere and Jones, and would prove there is a brand new outlook in Philly. He's the perfect draft pick for the Flyers -- the 2nd most talented player in the draft who isn't coming over for 3 years so the Flyers can continue collecting high-end draft picks.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Why would they be on the same line? If you had two small wingers, like Caufield and Michkov, I would think they would play on separate lines and only be together on the PP. They do have that giraffe that went 1oa last year, maybe he can find a spot on the top 6
You want to draft someone at 5 that you don't think will eventually be a 1st line player?

Or you want to have your 8x7.85 player not be a 1st line guy?

yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad