Rumor: Flyers waived Ghost to clear cap for major deal

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
The "major deal" will be nothing, since Fletcher doesn't have the bullocks to pull such a blockbuster deal to improve the defensive end of the Flyers. It'll simply be rearranging the deck chairs on this Titanic team who are sinking fast.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
How about something REALLY scary.

Edmonton trades RNH to Philly
and then trades for Eichel

Just outrageous idea but what the heck,

They might be doing something but they could be trading for Eichel themselves.
What could Edmonton give up for eichel ? If it’s not draisatl + I can’t see any package working .

Reactions: theguardianII

ImKittr

May 24, 2018
Burns is coming. Sharks are in desperate cap position with overpaid defense. There has been rumors going around that he will be exposed to Krakens, DW might be talking to Flyers to actually get some talent into offensive line...

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
Burns is coming. Sharks are in desperate cap position with overpaid defense. There has been rumors going around that he will be exposed to Krakens, DW might be talking to Flyers to actually get some talent into offensive line...
Fletcher did trade Burns to the sharks in the first place so maybe he'll trade for him back.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Got in quite a few arguments about Ghostisbehere with Flyers fans a few years ago. I see my vindication has come, although a bit later than expected. His defence was atrocious back then and I expect nothing has changed on that front.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Got in quite a few arguments about Ghostisbehere with Flyers fans a few years ago. I see my vindication has come, although a bit later than expected. His defence was atrocious back then and I expect nothing has changed on that front.

You came back years later to pat yourself on the back about something you’re still wrong about. Congrats I guess.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
For Flyers fans who might be down on Gaudreau because he's not lighting it up at even strength, here's a reminder of who his linemates are:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Probably won’t get picked up...90% of the guys everybody is like “somebody for sure will pick him up” end up not getting picked up.

Ghost is a $4.5 million for a soft defensive train wreck for 2 more seasons AFTER this one. What seems like a good reclamation project at $1.5 million for one year for puck moving ability (as an example if he were a reclamation project free agent) becomes an absolute boat anchor with his real contract.

Why on earth would anybody want to pick this contract up?
A team short of offensive LHD's and excess capspace should consider it. Yes his caphit is $4.5m the next two seasons, but his real dollar salary is only $3.25m, so teams who aren't close to the cap ceiling like Ottawa, Detroit, LA, and Florida (assuming Ekblad goes on LTIR) would probably see value in that if they can slot him on their powerplay.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
What happened to this player? I remember watching him a few years ago and he was just an exciting player to watch. Made terrific plays. I know he wasn't great defensively but he even made some outstanding defensive plays. Sad to see really. I hope he gets his game back no matter where he lands.

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
What happened to this player? I remember watching him a few years ago and he was just an exciting player to watch. Made terrific plays. I know he wasn't great defensively but he even made some outstanding defensive plays. Sad to see really. I hope he gets his game back no matter where he lands.

Had a hip and core surgery, then had a couple knee surgeries. Just been one injury after another for the guy. In between all those injuries Provorov took over the #1 PP duties so his greatest assets was diminished.

Reactions: swimmer77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Hockey IQ and lack of ability to handle the physical forwards in his own end is making his coach takes fits. Great offensive and puck mover type though.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Probably not enough of them. You might have seen power play highlights, that he has more of.
I believe its off-ice issues with the coaching staff. Otherwise Gustaffson would have cleared money as well. And Hagg.

Would probably be most expensive waiver claim ever so doubt he doesnt clear and ride the taxi squad for some time.
More likely to leave at trade deadline in 2 weeks for nothing much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad