Rumor: Flyers waived Ghost to clear cap for major deal

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo

This means they think he'll get claimed, I wonder what they're trying to pull off?

or this is a reporter adding 2 and 2 and getting 69? Flyers got spanked by the rangers, this is a shot at the dressing room to kick them up the backside, Ghost is on 4.5 for 2 more season and he sucks in his own zone

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Seeing how they got to waivers, that means there was no market for even a 5th/6th.
That being the case, he might not get claimed. Cap is tight for everyone the next few years and he has some term left.

I mean if someone wanted him, I doubt that giving up that late pick was the problem.

interested to see what happens

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Money going both ways.
My guess, Taylor Hall 50% retained.
The Flyers have:

Giroux
JVR
Lindblom

...at LW. They are not trading for Hall unless the deal id much bigger and Risto is involved too.

If he gets claimed and the Flyers make a trade, it's for a Dman. And I have no trust in mgt that this will be a good trade for Philly.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Someone said earlier that 4 teams could claim him. 5 if you count Florida's IR space for Ekblad, but that doesn't last forever so I wouldn't consider them among the teams who would take him.
Right. And doing more research it looks like it could be more teams.

I'd just be surprised given the years left teams taking him. Lets see!

SteveHanson

Jan 22, 2021
Whitehorse
I think Florida probably claims Ghost and Philly trades for Ekholm. That's just my hunch though.

The only thing I'm unsure of is why did whoever Philly's trade partner is not want Ghost themselves?
Because he is TERRIBLE on defense. I have seen be directly responsible for 2-3 goals in a game. It’s that bad. I made a post a few weeks ago about moving him to wing.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I really doubt Fletcher will make a major deal. He's a boring chap, and after seeing the boring job he did in Minnesota prior to joining the Flyers he is still boring. Doing anything big is not in his dna. He'll probably sign a player who is post 30 and was cut from his previous team and nearing retirement.
In other words, he's a loser, and he's bringing down the Flyers with him.....not that they were doing anything before he arrived, since they're a starless team of 3rd and 4th liners.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Good luck with rentals like Taylor Hall. People mentioning him here should know that the Flyers are currently firmly outside of the playoffs position. They can make a hockey trade, but definitely can´t see them going after rentals.

Ledge And Dairy

The Flyers have:

Giroux
JVR
Lindblom

...at LW. They are not trading for Hall unless the deal id much bigger and Risto is involved too.

If he gets claimed and the Flyers make a trade, it's for a Dman. And I have no trust in mgt that this will be a good trade for Philly.
I think you really overvalue the side of the of the ice a winger stands at for faceoffs

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think you really overvalue the side of the of the ice a winger stands at for faceoffs
ok...we have:

Konecny
Farabee
Voracek

...at RW.

The Flyers have 5 wingers this year with a better PPG than JG this year.

So now ask yourself if the Flyers NEED a winger. Nice try though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad