Rumor: Flyers waived Ghost to clear cap for major deal

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I can't tell if this is a reporter actually reporting what he's hearing, or just taking the fact he got waived as some indication that they're working on a major deal.

Those 2 situations are very different
Sam's an idiot with no inside information, but who knows

Last edited:
Reactions: WolfOfBroadStreet14

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Florida has the space and just lost Ekblad

Getting rid of Mike Matheson only to add Shayne Gostisbehere a few months later certainly would be a thing.

Desperate times and less term make it a possibility, especially at the acquisition cost of a waiver fee, but they already have Yandle and a great PP...adding a D that needs to be heavily insulated doesn't make a ton of sense for a team needing to replace their #1...but the appeal of free asset and "good" timing may be enough there.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I thought Ghost was considered really promising a few years ago... has he really been that bad? I honestly don't follow/watch the Flyers much, I just remember a lot of people considering him a future top pairing guy.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
This screams of something with the Flames. Team needs a shakeup.
Gaudreau?

Probably not though.

Gaudreau makes a lot of sense due to convenience.
Flames know he is not re-signing and walking to Philly or the Devils anyways. Philly finally does something with all their by now somewhat middling assets and speed up the return of the hometown kid...

I actually don't think it will be a good move for the Flyers but standing pat is not an option either I guess...

Reactions: viper0220

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I thought Ghost was considered really promising a few years ago... has he really been that bad? I honestly don't follow/watch the Flyers much, I just remember a lot of people considering him a future top pairing guy.
If Ghost is on your team, you want him as a 4d-man with a very good stay at home pairing 3d guy and put on pp1. Is that worth 4.5m cap and 3.25m actual salary? By all means discuss.
But when you have an organization over the last 48 hours that...

Ripped a young goalie for his work effort.
Benched Farabee for Rafll and Kubel
Waived Ghost

I might just maybe bet on Ghost being good and AV/Fletcher being morons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad