Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Cutter Gauthier to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

Jamie Drysdale the Player

The sixth overall pick in the 2021 NHL Entry Draft, Drysdale came into the Ducks organization as an 18-year-old with big-game international and junior experience. He became just the seventh 17-year-old to suit up for Team Canada in a World Junior Championship (2020). While not seeing a ton of minutes, he got the exposure and confidence necessary to take on a leadership role the following year, playing top-pairing minutes with Colorado Avalanche defenseman Bowen Byram en route to a silver medal (he fell to fellow Ducks teammates Trevor Zegras and Jackson LaCombe in the WJC final).

Drysdale is a right-handed shot who’s shown poise, great skating, and solid decision-making at every level he’s played at. Leading a power play, killing penalties, and making a great first pass are just some of his many attributes. He’s a bit undersized at 5-foot-11 and less than 180 pounds but possesses all the traits that one would expect in a prospect you envision leading your defensive unit.

First Full Season & Shoulder Injury in 2022-2023

Drysdale began the 2021-2022 season with the Ducks and played 81 games. Despite playing almost 60 more games, he didn’t build much on his goal total but showed his vision and passing ability to the tune of 28 assists. He got opportunities in all phases of the game, produced 12 power-play points and gave everyone a glimpse at his potential. He was minus-26, but the Ducks weren’t great that season, and it was his age-19 season. All things considered, he picked up valuable experience that was expected to catapult him into his contract year.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Torts is fine. Its not like that have an elite Russian prospect who can threathen the flyers to never come over.

How small is this defense going to be in 2 years? No wonder why they asked Sanheim to bulk up.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I find it hard to believe with all the hype surrounding Gauthier and the WJC he just had that this is the best they could do. I don't care if this had been in the works all year. What's the rush to trade him right this second? His rights weren't going anywhere anytime soon. You don't want to wait too long, but this couldn't have waited until at least the deadline or the draft? Young perceived top 5 forward talents don't just become available every day, especially ones projected at center (was he still? I know that was the hope). Make teams bid for him. You hold all the cards for years still.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Torts is fine. Its not like that have an elite Russian prospect who can threathen the flyers to never come over.

How small is this defense going to be in 2 years? No wonder why they asked Sanheim to bulk up.
My immediate thoughts as well...after seeing how badly Andrae got pushed around that is gonna be tough to watch

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Cutter has respect from me.

For whatever reason he identified this organization as one he didn’t want to start his career in the NHL with.

Good job kid. I’m still chuckling inside. What a massive failure after proclaiming him a big piece of the rebuild.

They obviously wanted him, but couldn’t sell him on a vision. That’s batshit hilarious.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
As a Rangers fan I am sorry but why would the Flyers draft someone that had no intention of signing with that team? 🤔

This saying perfectly describes the Flyers.

1704761247191.gif

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
Cutter has respect from me.

For whatever reason he identified this organization as one he didn’t want to start his career in the NHL with.

Good job kid. I’m still chuckling inside. What a massive failure after proclaiming him a big piece of the rebuild.

They obviously wanted him, but couldn’t sell him on a vision. That’s batshit hilarious.
Good lord, F off with this bullshit. How do you have respect for a little punk who just disrespected your team and city. lol…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad