Flyers' Tickets: Questions and Exchanges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
This is what I do, my wife would never let me go to all those games lol. I split the tickets in a fantasy sports-style ticket draft via email, and the folks who get last picks get first dibs when the playoffs come around.

Between rising cost of Tickets... as well as associated things, such as transportation/Parking, concessions, etc. ... and time limitations due to Family, work and social obligations... I honestly don't know how anybody can attend a 41 Game Season plus Pre and Post Season... and any Flyers STM Events... I believe most STM Accounts are either 'Group' Accounts of various sizes, or are picked over for desired Games and sold off to mitigate Full STM expenditure.

That said; I always marvel when I see a couple in their 50-60s attend every Game I'm at... so I'd bet the farm that they attend all 42+ Games... I can only assume that they are married and that this is a major part of their life as they spend time together... Or that they are having a hell of a long-term non-sexual 'affair', enjoying time away from their legal husband and wife. :naughty:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
You can get luxury box seats for $23 on StubHub right now. Just sold my lower level seats for $60 under value...

What is the penalty for backing out of season tickets?

xxjimmypxx

Dec 9, 2009
New Jersey
What is the penalty for backing out of season tickets?

2cyfqu0.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So, uh, I just got home from work and had a package on my front step. I opened it up and it's the 50th Anniversary jersey from the Flyers.

The only thing is, I got my one like a month ago.

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
So, uh, I just got home from work and had a package on my front step. I opened it up and it's the 50th Anniversary jersey from the Flyers.

The only thing is, I got my one like a month ago.

Didn't u have a mixup with your tickets where they went to someone else's house? Maybe it's the same guy and you got his jersey lol

HereNow16

Oct 18, 2016
Germany
So, I'm planning on coming over from Germany for a Flyers hockey holiday during the February homestand. Buying tickets is on the agenda for next week when my buddy decides if he'll come with or if I'll go alone, so I'm in need of some general seat advice, please.

I plan on seeing 3 games while I'm there, and try out different sections. The seating chart kinda confuses me in regards to where the Flyers bench is and which side they're shotting at twice, though.

My rough plan is one game from the upper level behind the benches (that should be sections 223-203, right?), one game behind the goal they shoot at twice (section 209-206, roughly?) and one game closer to the glass.
For that last one, my question would also be what you guys would recommend - lower level behind the benches, or lower level behind the goal they shoot at twice? My buddy keeps telling me that you don't really see much of the game if you're close to the glass, but I really don't know.
I'm tending towards seats something like in the upper rows of section 106, 107 or 108, so not right up at the glass but a bit higher up for better view? Do the glass, the net and especially the ads they have in the middle of the glass obstruct the view in any way?

Any answer would be helpful. I'm so excited about going! :handclap: I'll be looking on StubHub, but if I already pay for a transatlantic flight and a hotel to see the Flyers play, ticket price is really not a deciding factor for me. So all advice is welcome, I'd just love to have seats with a great view.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
So, I'm planning on coming over from Germany for a Flyers hockey holiday during the February homestand. Buying tickets is on the agenda for next week when my buddy decides if he'll come with or if I'll go alone, so I'm in need of some general seat advice, please.

I plan on seeing 3 games while I'm there, and try out different sections. The seating chart kinda confuses me in regards to where the Flyers bench is and which side they're shotting at twice, though.

My rough plan is one game from the upper level behind the benches (that should be sections 223-203, right?), one game behind the goal they shoot at twice (section 209-206, roughly?) and one game closer to the glass.
For that last one, my question would also be what you guys would recommend - lower level behind the benches, or lower level behind the goal they shoot at twice? My buddy keeps telling me that you don't really see much of the game if you're close to the glass, but I really don't know.
I'm tending towards seats something like in the upper rows of section 106, 107 or 108, so not right up at the glass but a bit higher up for better view? Do the glass, the net and especially the ads they have in the middle of the glass obstruct the view in any way?

Any answer would be helpful. I'm so excited about going! :handclap: I'll be looking on StubHub, but if I already pay for a transatlantic flight and a hotel to see the Flyers play, ticket price is really not a deciding factor for me. So all advice is welcome, I'd just love to have seats with a great view.

Those ads are only viewable by the folks on TV.

I'm a side view guy, not a fan of the corner or end view seats.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

223 - 203 is behind the benches yep. And your buddy is right. Sitting right at the glass limits your field of vision pretty substantially. The glass being curved in the corner make for a lot of blind spots. It's still a fun place to sit if you just want to for the experience but it's not something I'd recommend more than once and for a large portion of the game it will be hard to see whats going on without looking at the jumbotron. The net is really a non factor. It's annoying if you think about it but if you just watch it's not all that obstructing. 209-206 is directly behind the net the Flyers shoot twice.

My favorite seats in the whole arena are either Rows 11-15 Sections 101-102 or 113-112. It puts you just above the glass but still extremely close to the game.

Or Sections 204, 204A, 205, 210A, 210, 209A, First row. I like being in the corner up top.

I hope you have an awesome time wherever you end up sitting.

HereNow16

Oct 18, 2016
Germany
Those ads are only viewable by the folks on TV.

I'm a side view guy, not a fan of the corner or end view seats.

:laugh: Every game I've wondered if those ads don't really block the view for some seats. Technological sorcery at work here, thanks for clearing that up.
In soccer I'm a side view gal myself, depth perception is just weird sometimes if I'm seated behind the goal. But I figured with the ice being quite a bit smaller than a soccer pitch, it might not be such a huge issue. I'll probably give it a shot, but maybe not for all games I'll be going to.

223 - 203 is behind the benches yep. And your buddy is right. Sitting right at the glass limits your field of vision pretty substantially. The glass being curved in the corner make for a lot of blind spots. It's still a fun place to sit if you just want to for the experience but it's not something I'd recommend more than once and for a large portion of the game it will be hard to see whats going on without looking at the jumbotron. The net is really a non factor. It's annoying if you think about it but if you just watch it's not all that obstructing. 209-206 is directly behind the net the Flyers shoot twice.

My favorite seats in the whole arena are either Rows 11-15 Sections 101-102 or 113-112. It puts you just above the glass but still extremely close to the game.

Or Sections 204, 204A, 205, 210A, 210, 209A, First row. I like being in the corner up top.

I hope you have an awesome time wherever you end up sitting.

Thanks for all the info! It all depends on which seats will be available, anyway, but that already helps a lot in figuring out which seats and sections to look at.
And let's just not tell my buddy about the bolded part. He'd never let me hear the end of it... :biglaugh:
I'm sure it'll be awesome to see the Flyers play live, if only because I can finally cheer for them properly. Here, it's always the middle of the night when I watch games live, and I have to worry about waking the neighbours.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
If I buy Club Box tickets off StubHub does that come with a voucher for food on the ticket? Or is that only for the actual owners of the tickets?

pandv2000

Oct 15, 2016
If I buy Club Box tickets off StubHub does that come with a voucher for food on the ticket? Or is that only for the actual owners of the tickets?

It will usually say if it comes with a voucher value or not. I bought some for later in the season which don't come with a voucher value but some do.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007

It will usually say if it comes with a voucher value or not. I bought some for later in the season which don't come with a voucher value but some do.

Ah ok cool thanks, hopefully I get lucky. I ended up getting lucky with a $50 stubhub giftcard in one of the mystery bags at the Wives Carnival so I figured I'd try out the Club Box Tuesday against Ottawa.

s3x

Nov 12, 2011
Hey guys, Sens tickets in 112/15 available for $65 each. Center Six, directly on the blue line, facing the benches. PayPal/Venmo + electronic transfer. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Looks like emails about the Stadium Series order window went out.

My window starts on Friday and it reads that I can buy eight tickets (I have 2 Season Tickets).

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Did they mention anything about when those tickets will go on sale to the public? I'll have a bunch of buddies from school that moved back to Philly who will be coming out for the game, so trying to get as much "intel" as possible. At least one of the guys does have season tickets, so I may see with him about grabbing a bunch for all of us, but not sure if his family will be using any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad