Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
cut.jpg

b10

Jan 26, 2012
Just to be clear, I'm assuming the Flyers will be shooting at the north end twice, right?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Thanks. I downgraded my seats and the number. Although they are selling well on srybhub

You can still go back in and buy others but it's tough to see really what the market will hold. I had the ability to buy 26 tickets through my Season Tickets and the company I work for's suite.

The cheaper tickets money could have been made on but i'd just be hesitant knowing what I saw last year.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
You can still go back in and buy others but it's tough to see really what the market will hold. I had the ability to buy 26 tickets through my Season Tickets and the company I work for's suite.

The cheaper tickets money could have been made on but i'd just be hesitant knowing what I saw last year.

Yea even looking at StubHub the tickets priced at 225 are selling for 175 and the ones for 153 are going for 200s. Not sure if I'm seeing it wrong. Not really worth it to go crazy. I may buy a few more.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
My Dad has partials and apparently won the lottery to be able to purchase tickets. Me my cousin, uncle and him are going to be in a box! Super stoked.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Just for curiosity... anyone have a handle on where row EE is in Section 511 ?

Do they go A through Z and then AA, BB, and so on... making EE 31 rows up?

What is the last Row in that Section?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Just for curiosity... anyone have a handle on where row EE is in Section 511 ?

Do they go A through Z and then AA, BB, and so on... making EE 31 rows up?

What is the last Row in that Section?

Thats what it looks like yes. According to this Row LL is the last row.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Thats what it looks like yes. According to this Row LL is the last row.

Thanks... so it would have been about seven rows from the top, them... Probably would be watching the screen to actually see enough details.

So it's either hell or high-water... I guess front few rows in 511 would be ideal... price-wise and sight-wise.

When all is said and done, it is almost all atmosphere and being there... and this is where having so many Outdoor Games waters down the product. That said, opposing the Pens on their turf is a strong pull.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Hi all,

We're coming to Philly to see the Flyers-Penguins game in March. Are there any sections to avoid as in sh***y viewing experience? We're coming from NY in the morning and have a full day to spend in the city before the game. After the usual tourist sightseeings, "Rocky steps etc", could you recommend a good pre-game bar where you can grab a bite to eat and slam down few beers with fellow hockey fans.

About a city block NE of WFC, just off the Parking Lot is XFINITY LIVE! which is the mecca for Sports Fans attending any of the Major Philly Teams and other Events in the Sports Complex... There are numerous Restaurants and bars within the building with all the Drinks and Beer you can ask for, as well as decent food... Once you are parked you can spend all your time there before going to the Center for the Warm-Ups or a few laps around and visits to the shops... There are also various food and drink concessions in WFC and some bars.

If you want to spend more time and roam from the Complex a bit you can visit Chickie's and Pete's Sports Bar about a half mile or so NW from WFC... it is one Restaurant with a few bars and a fine menu for snacking or dinner... Also in that Strip Mall are a few other places to eat... and a fine Pizza Palar, Celebrese's... and Italian Pastry at Termini's.

At every place mentioned above, you will find Fans attending the Games and willing to talk Flyers and other Sports.

Welcome to Philly... I hope you enjoy the Game, City and Fans... Wear your Flyers colors proudly and you will have an easier time schmoozing... assuming that you are a Flyers Fan. ;)

HTH

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
The thought has occurred to me that after the Pens fans have been allocated so many Seats in the large venue, and the NHL has been allocated theirs... there are many allocated to the Flyers and the STM willing to travel, spend the night in the Burgh, and spend for the inflated Cost and added Fees, are not enough to cover their share of Seats... so reaching out for Fans who will support the Flyers... and bring in bucks... is to me, to be expected... I guess.

That said, the once magical, mystical OutDoor Game... and honor of your Team being a part of one... and being a Fan able to attend and root your Team on, has greatly faded... a Winter Classic and a Heritage Classic (For Canada) each Season is one thing, but adding numerous Stadium Series Games is IMO watering down the product... and making it less of a Special Event. The Flyers will have been a part of an OutDoor Game in three of the last seven Seasons... The Pens have been in how many OD Games since they began? The only saving grace is that the Flyers and Pens are matched up in this one,

I was ready to purchase my two Seats... but the added Fees pushing $60.00 was enough to make me decide to pass them up. For such a measly amount to change my mind has to tell me something, I'd think... It's the principle, yes... but it is such a minor principle to do so.

I guess I'm just thinking that I've seen four OD Games now -- Boston, Rangers, Phantoms, Alumni -- and I think I can count on seeing another before I'm pushing up daisies.

[/RANT]

Last edited:

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
The thought has occurred to me that after the Pens fans have been allocated so many Seats in the large venue, and the NHL has been allocated theirs... there are many allocated to the Flyers and the STM willing to travel, spend the night in the Burgh, and spend for the inflated Cost and added Fees, are not enough to cover their share of Seats... so reaching out for Fans who will support the Flyers... and bring in bucks... is to me, to be expected... I guess.

That said, the once magical, mystical OutDoor Game... and honor of your Team being apart of one... and being a Fan able to attend and root your Team one, has greatly faded... a Winter Classic and a Heritage Classic (For Canada) each Season is one thing, but adding numerous Stadium Series Games is IMO watering down the product... and making it less of a Special Event. The Flyers will have been a part of an OutDoor Game in three of the last seven Seasons... The Pens have been in how many OD Games since they began? The only saving grace is that they Flyers and Pens are matched up in this one,

I was ready to purchase my two Seats... but the added Fees pushing $60.00 was enough to make me decide to pass them up. For such a measly amount to change my mind has to tell me something, I'd think... It's the principle, yes... but it is such a minor principle to do so.

I guess I'm just thinking that I've seen four OD Games now -- Boston, Rangers, Phantoms, Alumni -- and I think I can could on seeing before I'm pushing up daisies.

[/RANT]

I'd agree with just about all of that. As of Saturday night, the best seats available were going to be in row CC of the 500 section, right around the end line, which would be about 200 a pop after fees. As you mentioned, I think the demand for these games, notably the Stadium Series, are down tremendously, with how much they've tried to push them in recent years.

I'll likely end up going to bars in the North Shore during the game instead of going in. Depending upon what prices look like on the morning of, I may decide to scour SeatGeek for some tickets.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Code:
Season ticket holder Christmas gift is a book for 50 years of Flyers. Looks very interesting

That's a fine gift, and was a real surprise to me... Seems that the Flyers are aiming at quality STM Gifts this Season rather than all the STM Events that we have had for the last several Seasons now... I wonder if this is a one Season blip in the Anniversary Year, and then they return to the past SOP... or if it harbinger of things to come.

As I see it, this Book and the Jersey are not only expensive Gifts, but they are ones that are taking away from their Sales Base... especially the Book, since it is more of a one time Purchase, while the Jerseys are more likely to be multiple purchases for some STMs... but even with that, it is taking away one from STMs who were planning on buying Jerseys anyway.

Whether Gifts are better enticements for Fans to retain their Season Tickets than the Events is yet to be determined... But IMO, they are individual Gifts, while the multiple Events were things that could be share... two people attends each Event AND the Events can be divided up and shared among the STM Partners, where applicable.

My thoughts... FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad