Dreger: Flyers taking calls on Ivan Provorov

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Guessing he hasnt been much better this season if they are still willing to move him?

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Guessing he hasnt been much better this season if they are still willing to move him?

They've been willing to move him for a while because he's kinda an aloof/moody type who doesn't vibe with the ~Torts culture~.

He's a hit-or-miss player because of it. He plays a lot of minutes and is usually fine, but then gets down in the dumps or in his own head and plays like an idiot for weeks, just bad decisions and awful tendencies. And then he stabilizes and is fine again.

There was a lot of smoke around them wanting to move him last summer, and then again a few months ago immediately before (as in, like, 48 hours before) his Pride Night incident—it's fair to look at that moment in part as his "f*** you" to the franchise for the trade rumors.

The thing is, that incident happened and teams probably cooled it in the immediate aftermath for PR reasons, and then he played "fine" for a few months and the team indicated it was reconsidering. Because the Flyers are run as a week-to-week business without any foresight: a guy has three good games and they buy him another season, every time.

Very unlikely he gets traded before Friday, because the ask is almost certainly more than he's realistically worth, and Fletcher doesn't know how to commit to a decision and execute.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I wonder how all the pride night stuff will impact his value. Surely a few teams will have to scratch him off their list.
It depends on the team. I know some teams locker rooms wouldn't be welcoming to that, but honestly, most teams would be fine.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
If my Blues are really retooling then I can see us potentially taking a run at Provy. The fans were speculating Sanheim last year but Provorov could potentially fit.

• Love
Reactions: JTRAIN1966

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
It depends on the team. I know some teams locker rooms wouldn't be welcoming to that, but honestly, most teams would be fine.

I don't think most locker rooms would be necessarily bothered, and I think with what transpired with the Rangers after demonstrates that. But it'll absolutely be a cudgel that an acquiring team could use to lower his value—knowing that some subset of their fanbase will be angry about the acquisition.

It doesn't delete his value, but it inevitably lowers it somewhat, since teams are weighing PR cost vs. potential on-ice contributions.

Stay classy, Philadelphia.

Nah, wasn't us. Whatever small amount of pre-made custom Provorov jerseys that Fanatics kept in their online sales warehouse sold out when the story was churned into angry culture war bullshit by certain national media personalities. It likely wasn't many, because I can't imagine Fanatics had thousands of pre-made jerseys on hand for a guy who otherwise does not sell a lot of jerseys.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad