Flyers playoff push.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Who's ready to watch Lappy's patented penalty kill go against one of Caps, Pens or Tampa?

No matter who we play (if we make it), I hope special teams for either team aren't large a deciding factor for the winner of the series.

Flyers PP is 19th in the league and their PK is 27th. They rank 14th in the league in goals per game, at least.

Hold on to your butts! We are in for a bumpy ride.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Does anyone have a magic number for points we need to clinch a playoff berth?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Does anyone have a magic number for points we need to clinch a playoff berth?

Uh, Devils have 9 games left so they can earn 18 points and finish with a total of 100 points. The Flyers have 8 games left and can finish with 102 Points.

So... by my calculations the magic number of Points earned by Flyers/Points dropped by Devils is 15?

This could be completely wrong.

Ex) Flyers go 3-3-2 (94 Points) and the Devils go 5-3-1 (93 Points).

Regarding the Panthers, they have 11 Games left and can earn 22 points (81 Currently) for 103 points.

So... we'd be looking at 18 as the magic number for them?

Ex) Panthers go 9-2-0 (99 Points) and Flyers go 7-1-0 (100 Points)

Not taking into account the ROW tiebreaker.

tl;dr: I believe the Magic Number of the Devils is 15 and for the Panthers it's 18.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyerfan13

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Looking at the rest of the schedule,the lineup the Devils have to face looks rather more difficult than what the Flyers have to go through!
Mind you, this time of year,ANYTHING could happen. Teams resting players,scattered injury or too much pressure to exceed!
The Philadelphia Flyers getting into the playoff act is similar to what I had to endure waiting for my two kids to be born....Just sit and wait...listen to all of the bullshit...and ride it out until it happens!

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
Are the Flyers allowed to bring up talent from the minors for their playoffs....even if its just to 'soak up' the bench or press box experience?

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Fine by me. I'm almost glad the Jackets are so red hot. I think they won't sustain it through the playoffs. Hopefully they hit a lull right after they play the Pens and get ready to play us after a Flyers sweep of the Caps.:sarcasm:
How many starts does Bob have?

Last edited:

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Looks like he just hit 60.
Looks like he played three back to backs this year. I feel like mrazek has just as many in his short stint with flyers lol.
Also quick look at hockey reference and it seems he leads the league in minutes played. Great job protecting your backup in expansion draft if your starter is going to run out of steam come playoffs.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
It's sad that As much as I want to watch flyers playoff games I am not even looking forward to seeing hak do something dumb to lose a game and piss me off. U know it's going to happen and the best we can hope for is the team wins in spite of him :banghead:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00