Flyers own St Louis' 1st round pick in 2018, 14th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I'll admit there are plenty of really good prospects that just didn't pan out...but Svechnikovs talent far exceeds either of Tkachuk or Wahlstroms. He's got size, great hands and can skate. His shot is easily NHL caliber.
I just like their games more, and i see them both having the chance at being better NHLers than Svechnikov. Just my feeling.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
I just like their games more, and i see them both having the chance at being better NHLers than Svechnikov. Just my feeling.

Your opinion is as good as mine.

I get to watch Svechnikov live twice a week and he's been just as fun as Ekblad or Scheifele here...so I may be biased. But his skillset is definitely superior to Tkachuks (who's also just days out of last years draft) or Wahlstroms . And that shot....quick release, hard and accurate.

Back to reality...we're not drafting any of them.

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Yeah I don't get the taking Wahlstrom or Tkachuk over Svechnikov. Maybe I missed the reasoning, but is it the Russian factor thinking he's going to pull a Nichuskin type deal and just give up or something?

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah I don't get the taking Wahlstrom or Tkachuk over Svechnikov. Maybe I missed the reasoning, but is it the Russian factor thinking he's going to pull a Nichuskin type deal and just give up or something?
If it is, then that's just stupid. If you have the 1st overall, you go and get the best player in the draft, period(Unless you're New Jersey, in which case, you pass on him so the Flyers can grab him).

Svechnikov is the clear #1, for me.

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
I will forever hate the Blues as much as the Penguins if they go on a run to win the cup after teasing us with the possibility of getting that 11-15th pick.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I almost hope they win the lottery and we push it to next year. I like to live dangerously.
:noway::noway::noway::noway:

The have made the playoffs the last 6 years and their worst season was 99 points. We NEED to hope them miss it this year and grab that pick. They had a lot of injuries to good players and will be back in the playoffs next year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Stranger things have happened. Everyone thought VGK would be at the bottom and NYR would be at the top this season and look what's going on there. Certainly not a guarantee but next year is unprotected and we pick up an additional pick. Not like I'm pulling for them to get a top pick so they punt but it sure is tempting!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We should trade Patrick, Sanheim, Provorov, Konecny, Myers, and Hart for a 2nd round pick each.

Then use those 2nd round picks and hope to get a franchise player with all 6 of them.

I don't like to make good judgements, I like to live dangerously.

Reactions: Tripod

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Dallas losing to Mtl opens the door for St.L to make the playoffs. We need them to lose more games!

HauntingDishonestJenny-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Striiker and Tripod

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Imagine if crapburgh were bad this year and next. Would get Dahlin and Hughes gift wrapped on a pedestal. Wish Flyers could get lucky with elite or generational talents at the top of the draft. Kind of wishing Hexy got the pick this year with no protection.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
We should trade Patrick, Sanheim, Provorov, Konecny, Myers, and Hart for a 2nd round pick each.

Then use those 2nd round picks and hope to get a franchise player with all 6 of them.

I don't like to make good judgements, I like to live dangerously.
Perfect way to make up for all those 2nd round picks that Homer traded away

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
They go on a late run, sneak in and win. We pick 31st.

If they want to make it top ten protected, we ought to have made it bottom 5 protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad