Flyers own St Louis' 1st round pick in 2018, 14th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hi,Blues fan coming on peace. How does that 1st round pick now Look. Blues are now last wild Card spot.
Ha!

You just won 5 games in a row to even have a chance at the playoffs. Usually pushes like this end with a point shy of making it. What happens when you lose 3 in a row after winning the next one? Too little too late as it were.

I like the LAs schedule over yours, save the game in hand. LAs getting in.

Either way a 20th pick plus frost is a win.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The whole comment is confusing.

I mean, it's not like I want to be like "I told you so" when it comes to their fans, but ...

68T09kP.jpg

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Hi,Blues fan coming on peace. How does that 1st round pick now Look. Blues are now last wild Card spot.

How's it feel having the St. Louis board remind you that this taunt is insanely stupid since we still are getting a WAY better pick than anyone thought we would.

But carry-on bragging about your once top-of-the-NHL-team limping into the playoffs

(maybe).

Reactions: Rebels57

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Sorry if I offend anyone who are Philly fans. I didn't know you guys are so sensitive. Sorry.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Hey guys. Ranksu tends to make comments like that, but rest assured he's harmless. This was a great trade for both teams and both teams are both benefiting from it.

To be honest, I don't see how the Blues benefit from the trade if getting Schenn doesn't help them win the Cup, or at least help push them into a deep playoff run. I highly doubt the Blues brass made this move thinking: "Yeah, we can give up two 1st round picks for Schenn and just hope we barely make the playoffs and continue to lose in the 1st or 2nd round as we always have"

No, this trade was made to put them over the hump. I wouldn't say there's a clear cut winner to this move right now, but I would say that this move has benefited the Flyers more than the Blues as it stands at the moment. The Stastny trade also makes you wonder what the Blues are even trying to do right now.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

:facepalm:

I cant tell if the Blues fan was bragging or actually curious as to where that pick would be.
Honestly, I think it’s probably a bit of both. I don’t want to speak for Ranksu, but he probably was actually curious where the pick would be now...definitely could have worded it better, but English is not his first language.

Serious question tho: does Frost’s size concern philly fans at all? Great prospect/pick and his speed will probably offset a lot of concerns, but I can’t help but be skeptical of him in the NHL as early as next season.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
To be honest, I don't see how the Blues benefit from the trade if getting Schenn doesn't help them win the Cup, or at least help push them into a deep playoff run. I highly doubt the Blues brass made this move thinking: "Yeah, we can give up two 1st round picks for Schenn and just hope we barely make the playoffs and continue to lose in the 1st or 2nd round as we always have"

No, this trade was made to put them over the hump. I wouldn't say there's a clear cut winner to this move right now, but I would say that this move has benefited the Flyers more than the Blues as it stands at the moment. The Stastny trade also makes you wonder what the Blues are even trying to do right now.
Schenn is also only 26 years old. He fits the current core of the team going forward. If he was in his thirties? Then yes, I would agree with you.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
:facepalm:

Honestly, I think it’s probably a bit of both. I don’t want to speak for Ranksu, but he probably was actually curious where the pick would be now...definitely could have worded it better, but English is not his first language.

Serious question tho: does Frost’s size concern philly fans at all? Great prospect/pick and his speed will probably offset a lot of concerns, but I can’t help but be skeptical of him in the NHL as early as next season.

Nope. Nor are we concerned if he goes back to Juniors for 1 more year. We are set at top 6 C and have other options to explore at 3C if they choose to send Frost back to Juniors.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

I’m sure this season hasn’t gone as expected to the Blues front office. Saying that, landing Schenn wasn’t an all in move or seen as the last missing piece to a Cup team. Army was on record as saying he felt this could be a transition year.

The trade really seems like a win for both teams. If Schenn isn’t resigned the deal will favor Philly. Army still has work to do in the offseason to bolster the roster.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I'm now of the mind that they should package one of these 1sts and make a go-for-it move looking to next year
I don't know what the move is & goalie is still likely a problem but I think this team could be a serious contender with 1-2 additions along with 1-2 subtractions...

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
We don't need a top 6/9 forward. We don't need a top 4 d-man. What are we trading a top 20 1st for exactly? A goalie when our franchise goalie could be ready in another year? We have those adds in-house, and they'd do themselves a big favor simply following the addition by subtraction method with their plugs and Simmonds as well.

We're not a contender with Hakstol at the helm, and I still expect next year to be another stepping stone season anyway. It would be short-sighted. But I don't expect it from Ronald.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We don't need a top 6/9 forward. We don't need a top 4 d-man. What are we trading a top 20 1st for exactly? A goalie when our franchise goalie could be ready in another year? We have those adds in-house, and they'd do themselves a big favor simply following the addition by subtraction method with their plugs and Simmonds as well.

We're not a contender with Hakstol at the helm, and I still expect next year to be another stepping stone season anyway. It would be short-sighted. But I don't expect it from Ronald.

With MacDonald playing in our top 4, its not necessarily true that we dont need a top 4 dman.

If we could somehow move him and acquire a better vet top 4 D to bridge the gap to Myers, we should do that immediately.

Reactions: mmvvpp and Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad