Flyers own St Louis' 1st round pick in 2018, 14th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I only factored in each teams record in their last 10 games.
Ok, makes sense.

I think St. Louis is due for some losses. They've won 3 straight, but have looked unimpressive. Boston was literally missing close to half of their team, the Rangers had an AHL defense, and Chicago didn't look much better. They trailed each game going into the third and won each one in overtime. Hopefully Columbus, San Jose, and Vegas give them no points.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Hi,Blues fan coming on peace. How does that 1st round pick now Look. Blues are now last wild Card spot.
All of your Finnish negativity on the Blues' board gave me great hope that the Blues would never win again this season. I think there's still plenty of time for the Blues to fall apart playing basically 5 defensemen for the rest of the year though. :crossfing

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Hi,Blues fan coming on peace. How does that 1st round pick now Look. Blues are now last wild Card spot.
giphy.gif

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005

Bet that was what you were aiming for when you traded 2-1sts for Schenn huh? Meanwhile the Flyers gave up a piece of the present for two pieces of future and sit ONE point back of the Blues. We're happy...you?

Flyer fan coming in peace of course.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
All of your Finnish negativity on the Blues' board gave me great hope that the Blues would never win again this season. I think there's still plenty of time for the Blues to fall apart playing basically 5 defensemen for the rest of the year though. :crossfing
Negativity? I though Finns are the happiest nation on Earth..

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Come in Peace and leave in pieces!
I am sure you expected your team to just make the playoffs after giving away two first round picks (one of whom is Morgan Frost, MORGAN FROST!
Let's see, Morgan Frost AND a pick between 25 and 32.........oh wait, the Blues will be no where near what they were expected to be, will they? And if they squeak into the playoffs (with Nashville and Winnipeg looming), that is probably better for us than the possibility of the Blues getting lucky in the lottery.
Yeah, you should certainly come here to gloat over the Blues failures. Now pick up your pieces and go home.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
The blues fan is happy we are angry at him trolling us.

Always find it odd when people celebrate prematurely. Still 7 games left in the season........
:popcorn:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Come in Peace and leave in pieces!
I am sure you expected your team to just make the playoffs after giving away two first round picks (one of whom is Morgan Frost, MORGAN FROST!
Let's see, Morgan Frost AND a pick between 25 and 32.........oh wait, the Blues will be no where near what they were expected to be, will they? And if they squeak into the playoffs (with Nashville and Winnipeg looming), that is probably better for us than the possibility of the Blues getting lucky in the lottery.
Yeah, you should certainly come here to gloat over the Blues failures. Now pick up your pieces and go home.

That pick should be between 16 and 23. There's no way the Blues are getting out of the 1st round even if they make the Playoffs. They'll be one of the initial 8 teams eliminated. My guess is the pick is actually in the teens still based, as the Blues have one of the lower point totals of the teams that will lose in the 1st round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If the season ended today..

Tampa Bay vs New Jersey
Washington vs. Philadelphia
Boston vs. Toronto
Pittsburgh vs. Columbus

Nashville vs St. Louis
Vegas vs Colorado
Winnipeg vs Minnesota
San Jose vs Anaheim

If all of the higher seeds advanced, the draft order for picks 16-23 (based on current points) would be..

16 - New Jersey
17 - Philadelphia
18 - Columbus
19 - Anaheim
20 - St. Louis (Philadelphia)
21 - Colorado
22 - Minnesota
23 - Toronto

Reactions: TheKingPin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
#17 and #20 wouldn't be the end of the world, especially given Hextall's track record.
You could use that 2nd rd pick to move up, or take the guy you want at #17 and then trade down from #20.
I think there's a good bet Hextall lands two guys he really wants in this draft, and given the depth of the pipeline, adding two guys with a legitimate shot at top 9/top 4 down the road would merely be the rich getting richer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad