Lineups at practice

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
Lazar-Zibanejad-Stone
Michalek-Pageau-Chiasson
Prince-Smith-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman

Although I'm ok with these lines going in, I'd still make a couple of adjustments. The 2 middle lines have been cold. Hence:

1st line
Prince - Zib - Stone
Milo - JGP - Lazar
Chiasson - Smith - Neil

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Although I'm ok with these lines going in, I'd still make a couple of adjustments. The 2 middle lines have been cold. Hence:

1st line
Prince - Zib - Stone
Milo - JGP - Lazar
Chiasson - Smith - Neil

Turns the 4th line into a gong show imo. Not that it's fair to Prince to be stuck on the 4th line, but he's really made that line click imo. I'd make a more subtle change, and just move Milo up to the 2nd and Lazar down to the third.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

1st line
Prince - Zib - Stone
Milo - JGP - Lazar
Chiasson - Smith - Neil

Turns the 4th line into a gong show imo. Not that it's fair to Prince to be stuck on the 4th line, but he's really made that line click imo. I'd make a more subtle change, and just move Milo up to the 2nd and Lazar down to the third.

I wouldn't mess with the 3rd line, they have been consistent and are playing well. Sucks that it means one of Prince/Lazar have to play with smith/Neil but we shouldn't mess with a line that's working imo

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I wouldn't mess with the 3rd line, they have been consistent and are playing well. Sucks that it means one of Prince/Lazar have to play with smith/Neil but we shouldn't mess with a line that's working imo

The third line has slowed down, primarily due to Chiasson. He's a fourth line player, and that's where he should be.

My reasoning for the changes are:
- 2nd line is all RH shots. It was last year that line was also all RHS and they struggled. Struggled getting into the offensive zone, getting shots, and scoring. Once a left hand shot was put there, they instantly played better. Or maybe it was because it was Hoffman.
- JGP and Lazar have chemistry together. They should be on the same line. Also a bonus that Lazar will play his natural side.
- Puts Chiasson where he belongs. On the 4th line. Bonus is that now you can limit all Chia/Smith/Neil minutes. I agree they'd be a bit of a gong show, but only for 5 to 7 minutes.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

This
Lazar might be a lot of things (or not) but hes far from the snipper the 2nd line needs
Milo is far more accurate

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
for the love of god put prince on the second line so I can justify taking him in dfs

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
I also feel like Prince should be playing higher in the line up, but it seems to me that he plays really well when he can be the primary puck carrier on his line, which is something that doesn't have the luxury of when playing with any of Stone/Turris/Ryan/Hoffman/Zibby. Also, he provides the line with someone who can create offensively and that gives us a chance to score with any line on the ice.

I don't agree with having him on the 4th line, but I understand the decision.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I also feel like Prince should be playing higher in the line up, but it seems to me that he plays really well when he can be the primary puck carrier on his line, which is something that doesn't have the luxury of when playing with any of Stone/Turris/Ryan/Hoffman/Zibby. Also, he provides the line with someone who can create offensively and that gives us a chance to score with any line on the ice.

I don't agree with having him on the 4th line, but I understand the decision.
Something like Prince - Ziba - Michalek would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad