Rumor: Flyers offer Nikita Zaitsev a contract (Apr. 12: Flyers deny rumor)

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
according to his elite prospects page he's got 181 (not counting playoffs) games in the KHL under his belt. getting a 21 year old with that much pro experience would be great. he doesn't seem like much of a point producer, only 25 pts in that span.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
according to his elite prospects page he's got 181 (not counting playoffs) games in the KHL under his belt. getting a 21 year old with that much pro experience would be great. he doesn't seem like much of a point producer, only 25 pts in that span.

How is that among KHL defenders?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

At his age? Really good. Not many 17-18 yr olds in the KHL.

EDIT: Looking at the next post, maybe you meant points? I doubt he becomes a big point producer though. His main pro's are his smarts, and first pass. Also has good positioning. I don't think he will be a big point guy though but he is also only 21 so.

Last edited:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia

well apparently he got 18 of those 25 pts in his 49 games played this year as a 21 year old which is a big improvement from previous years obviously, i wasn't aware of that. This year the top 5 point producers among defenders in the KHL put up 42, 39, 35, 34 and 31 pts. going back a few yrs it seems the top 5 are in the mid 30's on average. so 18 isn't great but for a 21 yo obviously still improving it's actually pretty damn good. i should've paid better attention to the breakdown of his stats.

if he were to become a flyers, he continues to improve his offensive game and the team continues to play this offensive style i don't think it's a stretch to say he puts up 30+ points once he gets used to things. i'm totally talking out of my ass here though :laugh:

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
well apparently he got 18 of those 25 pts in his 49 games played this year as a 21 year old which is a big improvement from previous years obviously, i wasn't aware of that. This year the top 5 point producers among defenders in the KHL put up 42, 39, 35, 34 and 31 pts. going back a few yrs it seems the top 5 are in the mid 30's on average. so 18 isn't great but for a 21 yo obviously still improving it's actually pretty damn good. i should've paid better attention to the breakdown of his stats.

if he were to become a flyers, he continues to improve his offensive game and the team continues to play this offensive style i don't think it's a stretch to say he puts up 30+ points once he gets used to things. i'm totally talking out of my ass here though :laugh:

Haha I think that's all anyone can do at this point. I've read some promising things about him that I think will translate well to the nhl. I'd love to get him and start to potentially remake this D. I think it was shown that this combo works less than a group of rookies. Not saying that's what we go with just that coburn needs to go

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I hope he signs soon or I am going to waste countless hours looking up the guy and seeing if he signs every day until the draft. This is going to be a loooooooong offseason.

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
for some reason I imagine this guy with the contract on his kitchen table, and he's just sitting there staring at it while the rest of us just wait, wait, and wait

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
I'd imagine that he would be waiting at least a little while to see whether he receives other offers. I have to think that his camp may have played a role in releasing the information that the Flyers had made an offer already.

Zod

Disappointment Train
May 31, 2011
There's no pressure on him to sign immediately if he makes Russia's WC team.

I'd guess we'll see a decision when that wraps up, rather than now.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
At his age? Really good. Not many 17-18 yr olds in the KHL.

EDIT: Looking at the next post, maybe you meant points? I doubt he becomes a big point producer though. His main pro's are his smarts, and first pass. Also has good positioning. I don't think he will be a big point guy though but he is also only 21 so.

Yeah I was looking more for how KHL defenders point totals look. Some of those Euro Leagues are very low scoring. I know the KHL isn't necessarily one of them, but idk if defenders over there are more defensive or what.

This post is exactly what I was looking for. Certainly doesn't seem like it would be a bad idea to nab this guy.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Sibir traded him to CSKA Moscow, "I asked Sibir to trade me to CSKA," he said.

EDIT:
google
"I sincerely thank the club and the fans Sibir Novosibirsk for the support and opportunity for 4 seasons to be in a team, develop and achieve good results - said in his address Nikita - but the goals that I put in front of him, require a change in the club this stage of my career. I myself appealed to the leadership and the founders of the club Siberia asking me to exchange, and it is desirable to CSKA. I am very pleased that the two clubs have managed to find a mutually beneficial option, and this exchange took place. Once again I want to thank everyone who voted for me sick and upset. Probably during his sports career I will have to change more than one club, but I will always remember that it is the "Siberia" made ​​me a professional hockey player! ".
http://hcsibir.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=536624#post536624

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Is it possible that the agent was simply using the prospect of NHL interest to try to leverage a deal to a larger KHL club?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The pure suckitude of 2013 continues. Not only can the team not win when it mattered / win when they shouldn't have, but they scored a big 0 in attracting potential high-profile quality talent outside of the draft. Losing out to other NHL teams is one thing, but Holmgren is now losing out to the KHL.

Call me bitter, but I'm definitely voting Zaitsev sick and upset now!

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
Maybe he has a soft spot for his first team, and asked for a trade so they get something in return for him, and now will sign with the Flyers?

The utmost optimism, i know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad