Rumor: Flyers interested in Dennis Rasmussen

sharpeye97

Aug 8, 2013
Flyers need size, speed and a formidable 4th line. 2 of those could be accomplished with this cheap signing. Perhaps Leier (has pretty good speed) can play 3rd or 4th, if he continues to progress and does well in training camp, he may squeeze in (all depend on FA signings).

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Raffl is actually one of our better skaters.

Seemingly so most of the time.... but in the Rangers series he seemed to fall down a lot more than usual? Anybody notice that? He skated well but wasn't sturdy on his skates particularly in scrums....also he seemed to have a target on him in that series.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Seemingly so most of the time.... but in the Rangers series he seemed to fall down a lot more than usual? Anybody notice that? He skated well but wasn't sturdy on his skates particularly in scrums....also he seemed to have a target on him in that series.

He was probably gassed, he was older than most rookies at 25 but he's played over in Europe where they don't play nearly as many games in a calendar year compared to NHL players. The more physical type of play & smaller rink surfaces over here also leave you more open to getting more wear & tear.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
He was probably gassed, he was older than most rookies at 25 but he's played over in Europe where they don't play nearly as many games in a calendar year compared to NHL players. The more physical type of play & smaller rink surfaces over here also leave you more open to getting more wear & tear.

Yeah that is a good way of putting it....he couldn't finish strong...

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Flyers need size, speed and a formidable 4th line. 2 of those could be accomplished with this cheap signing. Perhaps Leier (has pretty good speed) can play 3rd or 4th, if he continues to progress and does well in training camp, he may squeeze in (all depend on FA signings).

I'm strongly in favor of keeping Leier in the AHL next season. Developing him properly and seeing if he can turn himself into a Matt Read type over the next few years would be much better for the club than rushing him into the NHL and hampering his development just to get a decent 4th line for one year on a playoff bubble team.

I think bringing in Rasmussen and Laughton is more than enough to revamp our bottom 6. There's also some other UFA's to look at if that's what they choose to do. No need to rush young players just for a minor, patchwork upgrade at only a semi-important position.

FlyingSlovak

Feb 20, 2014
Slovakia
So I am watching Slovakia-Sweden and I must say that this Rasmussen kid is really good at PKing. Granted, it's only against Slovakia, but still. Like his smarts.

FlyingSlovak

Feb 20, 2014
Slovakia
I would say average. Coaches didn't put him in situations to prove me wrong though. So tough to say. Another thing I noticed about him- he is pretty strong along the boards.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Great. Another big guy who lacks explosiveness. Just what this team needs more of.

Who's the best player in team history? Clarke. 5'10" 170 lbs. Who is their best player now? Giroux. 5'10" 170 lbs. Who was their best playoff player over the last decade? Briere. 5'9" 170 lbs. Who has been their best blueliner? Timonen, 5'10" 190 lbs.

Has Been @ 6 mill is right.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
He is pretty average... though he has some jump in his first step.

One clip does not show much... but is the only one I can find.

He seems like he can skate well enough to play in the NHL. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong there. He might not be a burner but he got up the ice pretty well there.

That shot was pretty too. It reminded me of a goal "Flower" would give up.

I want him here next year. I am all about skill and size up front. He isn't a poor skater so sign me up. I want skill and speed, if you can have a mixture of both I am all for it. Raffl-Laughton-Rasmussen would be a fantastic 4th line. Hopefully Hexy sees that as well. Even though two would be rookies and have some growing pains, Rasmussen has played with men in a top league and Laughton is very sound defensively and has some pretty solid skill. We all know how good Raffl is being a role player.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He just got done playing at the Worlds. Should hear something soon if he indeed is coming over.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Bill Meltzer ‏@billmeltzer 2m

Dennis Rasmussen will make a decision on next season by June 15, per SMP. Has NHL and KHL offers but unlikely to choose KHL.

edit: Ah, beat me to it.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Only Flyers and Canucks were named. I'm sure there are other teams interested as well.

If those are the two teams, it might be a close call. Vancouver he'll likely get a more prominent role, if not at least a guaranteed spot (barring any kind of real ****** training camp performance). In Philly he'll be on a better team, but I would think he'd still have to earn that spot on the team.

Obviously if there are other teams that further muddies the water.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: